[Support] SongKong Music Tagger

SongKong is an automated music tagger that can be fully controlled via a web browser. It can automatically identify your music and add metadata to your audio library (using MusicBrainz and Discogs) including artwork and artwork for artists (artist, composer, conductor etc), as well as finding duplicate files. SongKong also offers manual metadata editing, creation of metadata reports, and metadata export to spreadsheet  for free.

If you use SongKong on your music files you will then get much better results when using a media server like plex, roon or logitech.

Have any questions, please ask here for unRAID specific issues, and we also have our forums at https://community.jthink.net/c/songkong/24

Full install instructions at http://www.jthink.net/songkong/en/install_docker_unraid.jsp

SongKong Start Page

unraid22.png

Some of the options available when matching:

remote_fixsongs_classical.jpg

An example of the Fix Songs Report Summary

remote_fixsongs_report.jpg

Edited by Paul Taylor
fixed forum url
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.  I have an issue with the files that are sorted out by SongKong.  They are now owned by root and not the user nobody.  Is there a way to fix that?  I can change ownership with tools or command line... but it'd be nice if the moved files get the right access from the get go. Thanks!

On 6/22/2019 at 2:01 PM, alohakepeli said:

very nice app, thanks for sharing.  

is it required to purchase pro license ($50) to update files?

For any automatic update yes it is, although the Web based Manual Edit which  allows you to modify your metadata with a webrowser is available free as part of SongKong Lite.

19 hours ago, stefer said:

Hi.  I have an issue with the files that are sorted out by SongKong.  They are now owned by root and not the user nobody.  Is there a way to fix that?  I can change ownership with tools or command line... but it'd be nice if the moved files get the right access from the get go. Thanks!

I think this must be for a particular file format since usually SongKong modifies existing file rather than create new one and so ownership of existing file should not usually be changed. But I have already raised an issue for this https://jthink.atlassian.net/projects/SONGKONG/issues/SONGKONG-1757 and I will be looking at this next, what audio format are your files ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay in replying, I forgot to check and we have new forums at https://community.jthink.net/

I guess this problem only occurs when you use SongKong to rename or move files, and the default permissions created are incorrect. We tried to fix this previously with umask but it didnt work - https://jthink.atlassian.net/projects/SONGKONG/issues/SONGKONG-1757

so I will try again in the next few days

Edited by Paul Taylor
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

SongKong 7.2 Cassdaga now available

We are please to announce the release of SongKong Cassdaga, named after the 8th album by Bright Eyes

This release is a complete rewrite of the SongKong’s renaming feature. There are no new options and only minor changes to the Errors and Warnings tab but it should do renaming considerably better. Especially when SongKong has to shorten the name because the Windows 259 character limit is enabled, and when you have duplicate copies of the same song so that the duplicates have to be renamed.

Full details at https://community.jthink.net/t/songkong-7-2-cassadaga-released-march-8th-2021/9882

cassadaga.jpg

Edited by Paul Taylor
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

SongKong 8.1 Scar released 7th of January 2022

https://community.jthink.net/t/songkong-8-1-scar-released-7th-of-january-2022/10400

scar.jpg

Performer Credits

SongKong could already retrieve track level performer credits from MusicBrainz. But MusicBrainz can also store performer credits at release level and these apply to all tracks on the release, this new release can now retrieve these release level credits and add them to each track.

When a track has multiple credits for a particular role (such as two engineers) they are not stored by MusicBrainz in any particular order, so the order they were added to SongKong was random, this mean't that the order could change when the the Albunack database was rebuilt. Now to ensure consistency and remove needless modification to your SongKong music files these roles are always stored in alphabetical order SongKong correctly splits a single credit of multiple instruments into multiple credits, so a credit for Paul McCartney Vocals, Guitar is added to your music files as Paul McCartney (Vocals), Paul McCartney (Guitar), but it was also splitting single credits such John Lennon, Addtional Guitar incorrectly, this is now fixed.

The vocal performance of Vocal performers was previously being added to the Instruments field, this is not what most customers would like so now the instruments field is restricted to actual instruments

Original Release Date

When looking for the earliest or original release date SongKong was always selecting later release with country to earlier than one with unknown country. So this means it may not get the earliest release and it could actually be later than the release matched if song has been matched to a release with no country events, this is now fixed.

Improved Matching

When double checking album matches we now allow for existing data storing the featured artists in title rather than artist. This is quite common but MusicBrainz preferred formatting is for featured artists to be stored in artist credit so that when we double check artist/title for each match it was sometimes leading to valid matches being rejected.

So when matching we now check for artists in original metadata and strip out and when checking artist credits we should allow a match from name to just the one main name credit in artist credit.

Bug

SONGKONG-2275 1 Performer with instruments that use additional guest or solo just shows a credit as addtional guest solo

SONGKONG-2272 Performer role of additional vocals just shown as additional

SONGKONG-2271 Discogs Albunack Match double counts Discogs and album matches

SONGKONG-2267 Discogs Only Update can change SingleTrackNo field to zero

SONGKONG-2236 Composer Artist Credit can return different sortname variant for composer relation to trackartist from Albunack

SONGKONG-2134 Albunack: When looking for earliest/original release date will prefer later release with country to earlier than one with unknown country

SONGKONG-1723 Albunack:SongKong should consider MusicBrainz release level performer credits not just track level ones

Improvement

SONGKONG-2277 Store multiple composer/conductors/arrangers/performers for track ordered by name

SONGKONG-2274 Add Performer field alphabetically

SONGKONG-2273 Remove vocal performers from instrument field

SONGKONG-2270 When double checking release match check for metadata storing the featured artists in title field rather than artist field

Edited by Paul Taylor
  • Like 1