Slower network speeds on unraid

On 4/21/2020 at 7:29 PM, martinf said:

It fixed itself after my post. 

In my testings I also installed Firefox as a docker app. It had good speed, along with some other apps. One docker app have manage to get speeds over 800Mbit. Currently, my unraid "speedtest" never go above 650. Putting that down to the speedtest app and the remote end.

I never got to the stage where I uninstalled and reinstalled the speedtest software. 

At the same time (as I found out after my initial post), I had the "same" problem with the speed test checking from my firewall.

I _think_ the problem was on my ISP side... Possible filtering something to keep the bandwidth down. 

/M

Thanks for getting back to me. I ended up sticking with Unraid as a VM inside ESXi for the time being. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 7:29 PM, martinf said:

It fixed itself after my post. 

In my testings I also installed Firefox as a docker app. It had good speed, along with some other apps. One docker app have manage to get speeds over 800Mbit. Currently, my unraid "speedtest" never go above 650. Putting that down to the speedtest app and the remote end.

I never got to the stage where I uninstalled and reinstalled the speedtest software. 

At the same time (as I found out after my initial post), I had the "same" problem with the speed test checking from my firewall.

I _think_ the problem was on my ISP side... Possible filtering something to keep the bandwidth down. 

/M

Thanks, I ended up going back to ESXi.  

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2019 at 7:44 AM, norV said:

Just an update, so I’m still having issues where my dockers share a 60MB limitation. They are all writing to a cache drive (nvme). If I create a new docker network and have sab use that, the next download will be at 100MB a sec but the next one right after goes back to that 60MB max. Not sure what’s forcing dockers to share this 60MB limitation.

Having the same exact issue. FIOS Gigabit connection, downloads to my Win10 machine ~110MB/s, yet to my new Unraid build I'm limited to 60MB/s with dockers writing to an NVME drive.  6.10.0-rc2. New build.

I haven't paid for a license yet- I really like Unraid, but if I can't resolve this issue in the 5 days left of my free trial I'll have to move on to something else.

Edited by HDGuy
  • 10 months later...