Moving a ubuntu VM

I have 3 unraid servers running I would like to shift one VM from one server to the other so I can take the one down for some hardware upgrades. Here is what I have tried:

1. Shutdown ubuntu VM I want to move.
  2. Transfer the Vdisk to the other servers domains folder.
  3. Create a new VM template manually selecting the Vdisk 

When I try and start the VM Its not wanting to boot

1826269263_Screenshotfrom2019-06-0706-52-59.png.69db5246839cc9b02a9060888b952be8.png

Your problem is likely from something going wrong in step 3.

What I usually do is putty into my server, go to /etc/libvirt/qemu and pick up the xml from there, copy it over (optional: also copy the relevant nvram file) to the new server /etc/libvirt/qemu.

Usually the VM shows up automatically on the browser but I have had to restart the VM service once before. I then edit the xml from the browser just to point it to the right vdisk path and nothing else.

1 hour ago, testdasi said:

Your problem is likely from something going wrong in step 3.

What I usually do is putty into my server, go to /etc/libvirt/qemu and pick up the xml from there, copy it over (optional: also copy the relevant nvram file) to the new server /etc/libvirt/qemu.

Usually the VM shows up automatically on the browser but I have had to restart the VM service once before. I then edit the xml from the browser just to point it to the right vdisk path and nothing else.

Thanks that eventually kind of fixed my issue. The only problem Is I can edit the pinned cores, but that's good enough for me to take my Threadripper system down for a bit.