Checking for docker app updates spins forever

When I click "Check for updates", the UI spins forever with "checking..." next to each container.

If I eventually reload the page I see updates.

When I go to the plugins page and click "Check for updates", its very very very slow.

Any idea why things are slow like this?

Checking for plugin updates (Through the GUI) should only take ~30 seconds

Jun  9 00:00:01 Tower Plugin Auto Update: Checking for available plugin updates
Jun  9 00:00:31 Tower Plugin Auto Update: Community Applications Plugin Auto Update finished

Since you've got CA Auto Update installed and running, I wouldn't particularly worry about ever checking for plugin updates, as the Plugin page will show automatically whatever CA found, regardless if you have CA automatically install the updates or not.

Same thing goes for docker updates.  If CA is configured to check for docker updates (regardless if you're installing the updates or not), then the docker tab will always be up to date based on when it last ran.

Not sure though why checking for updates on the docker tab actually times out. 

Edited by Squid

> when it last ran

Which seems to be not so often. I check for updates pretty regularly by manually clicking the button and more times than not I find an update.

This combined with my sqlite db corruption is making my unraid seem unstable 😞  None of this happened before 6.7.0. Regarding the sqlite issue, it got pretty bad for a lot of people. I hope we can get to the bottom of it -- I'm willing to help however I can.

Thanks for the help @Squid

• 2 weeks later...

@Squid or anyone else, I've found this error in the log...

Jun 18 21:21:37 Tower nginx: 2019/06/18 21:21:37 [error] 3668#3668: *508820 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.18, server: , request: "POST /plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerUpdate.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "192.168.1.2", referrer: "http://192.168.1.2/Docker"

I personally needed to delete 2 of my network config files (network.cfg and network-rules.cfg) and reboot, but that was because somehow my interfaces got renamed in 6.7 and I was seeing conflicting information about the active interface.

Note: I had GUI mode to fall back to, so please be careful if you decide to take this route, and as always make backups so you can revert changes.

Adding a static DNS didn't fix my issue either until after that reboot.

• 10 months later...
48 minutes ago, Chuck Claunch said:

than just open the pipe to google.

Personally, I use OpenDNS as while I completely understand exactly why they track your DNS requests (they're not in business to provide a service, but rather in business to make money) I'd prefer not to have my requests tracked.

50 minutes ago, Chuck Claunch said:

don't use pihole

Beyond the fact that unRaid has zero advertisements present and no need for pihole to block any requests, it does introduce another variable into the equation that isn't necessary.  And it has already been proven to block / interfere with requests.

52 minutes ago, Chuck Claunch said:

rather just know what dns entries are being blocked

I'm sure there are logs as to what is being blocked by pi-hole.

That's just the thing though.  I'm not really worried about google tracking or about ads being displayed in unraid.  Just curious why unraid borks with a pihole DNS.  I don't see any DNS queries in my pihole logs at all when I hit the docker "check for updates" button.  Not surprising as I'm sure it's using some docker hub API to grab images, but then that begs the question, why would a DNS server cause issues with the docker update check?  I've already solved the issue by just changing DNS on unraid as suggested.  My interest at this point is purely academic (and/or bug hunting in unraid).  If it borks unraid, it's surely to bork something else.  I've only been running pihole for a week or so, so I'd like to shake out kinks as they arise.

• Thanks 1