Migrating an entire set of VMs to unraid

I have a complex system which currently runs on a pair of Windows 2008 servers which are old (circa 2008 ish) and I would like to retire one of them.  

One server is a Windows 2008 R2 with 16 AMD cores and 80 gb of ram running SQL Server.  This server will stay put.

The second server is an AMD Phenom II 1100T hex core single thread with 32 gigs RAM running Windows 2008 standard edition.  This one I am looking to retire because...

It runs a bunch of virtual machines under Hyper-V.  Anywhere from 5 to 8 VMs each with 3.5 gb RAM and assigned two "logical" cores.  Obviously if you count them up that is way more virtual cores than there are physical cores.  This actually works OK, and that is all the VM Server physical server does but...

I have built a modern Unraid server system with an AMD 6 core 12 thread "place holder" and 32 gigs RAM.  The place holder is to be replaced with the new 12 core 24 thread processor due out in June.  Once I have that new processor I will have a powerhouse server.  The plan, assuming it is possible, is to move the VMs running on the VM Server over to the Uraid server, assign a real core and associated hyper thread to each VM, as well as 3.5 gb of the ram.  The new AMD processor is almost 3 times more powerful than the older Phenom II "core for core" so the virtual machines should breath a lot better.

The VMs are simple in that they run the old Windows Home Server which is actually a variant of Windows 2008 (called Windows 2011).  All they do is run a 3rd party software package.  

So the question is, can a VM running WHS (Windows server 2011) running UNDER Hyper-V be migrated to run under Unraid?  I would likely go out and buy one or more 7200 RPM drives to place all the VMs on and bring that up on Unraid as an "unassigned device" I.e. not inside an unraid array.  

Just as an aside, the VMs have to be visible to the SQL Server and each other.  Currently under Hyper-v I use a software switch that they all talk on and can see each other on.

Simple eh?  Time to move onto new hardware.

Edited by jwcolby54