Can't Delete Files or folders in a share

I have a few shares in my unraid server. Some dont let me delete files. I am using windows 10 to access my shares. 

I get an error saying

"Folder Access Denied.

You require permission from Tower\Nobody to make changes to this folder"

I dont have a user named nobody and the user that i am accessing the share with has both read write permissions on it. 

What could be the problem?

• Like 1

User 'nobody' is actually the default username inside Unraid :)

The normal way to 'fix' tsuch an issue is to run Tools->New Permissions against the share in question.    How was the contents of the share created?   If it was via an application running directly on the Unraid server then it means it was probably not configured to set permissions to allow files to be deleted across the network.   In such a case you need to fix this if you do not want the problem to re-occur.

Just now, swamiforlife said:

I think i used krusader or something similar a couple years ago to get data of some extra internal drives into the unraid server.

So maybe that might have caused it. 

It could well have done so as I think Krusader could easily have been configured to run as the ‘root’ user which would would cause the symptoms you describe.

2 minutes ago, swamiforlife said:

I tried the Tools --> New Permissions option but it seems to be stuck at the ... Sync part. 

Is there some other disk intensive process going on - that can stop the sync from completing in a timely manner.   Even without the sync completing you may well find your problem is resolved.