NFS exported share is Read Only?

I created a new share and set it up as NFS, secure and exported. 'showmount -e 192.168.1.19' shows the exported mount. 'exportfs -v' lists the mount too, but it shows as 'ro'.  When I look at /etc/exports, it is also listed as RO there. I see mention of "rules" for NFS on this forum, but I cannot find where to add or change them in Unraid 6.7.0. I also can't find any semi-recent documentation on this... there is an "unofficial manual" for unraid V5, but that's so old...

Can anyone please help?

Right, for NFS the security modes map to entries in /etc/exports as follows (example share name is Test):

For Public:

"/mnt/user/Test" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=100 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)

For Secure:

"/mnt/user/Test" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=100 *(sec=sys,ro,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)

If Private has been selected (and click Apply) a new input field labeled Rule will appear.  Whatever you type will replace the third field in the exports line:

"/mnt/user/Test" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=100 <what you type goes here>

Hence, for NFS, Public means read/write for anyone; Secure means read-only for everyone; Private gives you control to set whatever you want.

The 'fsid' value is established when the share is first created and will retain that value for as long as the share exists.

• Upvote 1