[Support] Linuxserver.io - Calibre

14 hours ago, frakman1 said:

The TZ should not come from unraid. It's an input parameter to the container which should be honored. If it's coming from Unraid then that's a bug that should either be fixed or have the TZ field removed if it isn't doing anything.

It's not a bug. Just change the setting in unraid and it will be correct.

On 10/1/2019 at 9:22 AM, saarg said:

It's not a bug. Just change the setting in unraid and it will be correct.

Kindly explain how this is not a bug.

There is a TZ field in the template. I fill out the TZ field. The field is ignored and reverts to the host TZ.

That sounds like bug in my book.

Edited by frakman1
44 minutes ago, frakman1 said:

Kindly explain how this is not a bug.

There is a TZ field in the template. I fill out the TZ field. The field is ignored and reverts to the host TZ.

That sounds like bug in my book.

Why do you need to set a different TZ?

You are free to open a bug report in the bug report forum if you mean that it is a bug. But this is not an issue with the container. We do not have the TZ variable in our template and it's added by you.

Here is the xml for calibre: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-templates/blob/master/linuxserver.io/calibre.xml

Perhaps it's not a bug with the container but since this is an Unraid forum and this is a topic about supporting the linuxserver/calibre container, I am bringing it up here.

My host's TZ is correctly set to Eastern Time zone.

# date
Thu Oct  3 11:41:45 EDT 2019
# clock
2019-10-03 11:42:33.310583-04:00
# date +"%Z %z"
EDT -0400

However, when I update the container, the docker run command is using Los Angeles TZ:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='calibre' --net='proxynet' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GUAC_USER'='xxx' -e 'GUAC_PASS'='xxx' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8081:8081/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/myData/media/ebooks':'/books':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/myData/media/ebooks/imports':'/import':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/calibre':'/config':'rw' --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 'linuxserver/calibre' 

I didn't add an extra TZ parameter so I don't know where it is getting it from. See Template view below:

image.png

Edited by frakman1

I would like to import my calibre database from another computer.  I have exported it and copied it to a folder on my unraid computer.  However, I can't seem to get to the folder in Calibre.  I copied the exported file to /mnt/user/Downloads/calibre database but when I select "Other folders" and then mnt in Calibre import there isn't anything there.  I am not very good with linux so I might just be looking in the wrong place.  Can anybody direct me as to where I will find my file?

1 hour ago, pcgirl said:

I would like to import my calibre database from another computer.  I have exported it and copied it to a folder on my unraid computer.  However, I can't seem to get to the folder in Calibre.  I copied the exported file to /mnt/user/Downloads/calibre database but when I select "Other folders" and then mnt in Calibre import there isn't anything there.  I am not very good with linux so I might just be looking in the wrong place.  Can anybody direct me as to where I will find my file?

Calibre can only see the host folder that you mapped in the docker template using the "Library Location" parameter. Open your docker template page for Calibre and change the Library Location to /mnt/user/Downloads/calibre and restart the container. Calibre should then be able to access this folder via its /books folder.

I did have it setup this way when I did the install.  However, when I click on books, there isn't anything there.  I had to move the exported file into the appdata\calibre folder for it to be able to see it to import.  This isn't ideal though and I would like to have it in the folder that I set it up with.  See pictures.

image.thumb.png.cd8f08f45af26d4e8d2319463bb69681.png

image.thumb.png.ae554bdeab2f5373411df8cc5e9f6352.png

4 hours ago, frakman1 said:

Perhaps it's not a bug with the container but since this is an Unraid forum and this is a topic about supporting the linuxserver/calibre container, I am bringing it up here.

My host's TZ is correctly set to Eastern Time zone.

# date
Thu Oct  3 11:41:45 EDT 2019
# clock
2019-10-03 11:42:33.310583-04:00
# date +"%Z %z"
EDT -0400

However, when I update the container, the docker run command is using Los Angeles TZ:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='calibre' --net='proxynet' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GUAC_USER'='xxx' -e 'GUAC_PASS'='xxx' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8081:8081/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/myData/media/ebooks':'/books':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/myData/media/ebooks/imports':'/import':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/calibre':'/config':'rw' --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 'linuxserver/calibre' 

I didn't add an extra TZ parameter so I don't know where it is getting it from. See Template view below:

image.png

You posted a screenshot in a previous post showing TZ set to New York in the template.  You are now saying you didn't add it to the template? I'm confused.

Please post a screenshot of the date and time setting in unraid.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the "ERROR: openbox-xdg-autostart requires PyXDG to be installed" and having it time out.  I have tried setting it to no user and pass, user with no pass in an MD5 hash, default abc and abc password as hash, empty in both setup variables, no luck.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:22 AM, arcane said:

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the "ERROR: openbox-xdg-autostart requires PyXDG to be installed" and having it time out.  I have tried setting it to no user and pass, user with no pass in an MD5 hash, default abc and abc password as hash, empty in both setup variables, no luck.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

I too have been having this same issue. I've removed and reinstalled the container several times and also tried all the username/password suggestions from this thread. If anyone has any other ideas please let us know!!!

I seem to be having an issue where Calibre starts up great, but when importing the existing library from my Unassigned Device, it says that my metadata.db is corrupted and needs to be rebuilt. After going through all of my books, though, it errors out with a DiskIO error. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Same issue for me.

Something else that's strange - after freshly installing the container, there is immediately an update available.  Applying the update seems to just run the same docker command again without any new fs pull and the "update available" clears.

Same issue for me.

Something else that's strange - after freshly installing the container, there is immediately an update available.  Applying the update seems to just run the same docker command again without any new fs pull and the "update available" clears.
Install the auto update plugin (whether enabled or not) will patch the OS to fix this caused by a change at dockerHub

Sent from my NSA monitored device

17 minutes ago, Squid said:

Install the auto update plugin (whether enabled or not) will patch the OS to fix this caused by a change at dockerHub

Sent from my NSA monitored device

auto update plugin is installed.  I don't experience that docker update issue on any other containers anymore, which is why it's unusual that it started on this one.

For all others experiencing this problem - linuxserver/calibre:v3.47.1-ls20 is the latest version that works for me.  v3.48.0-ls21 seems to introduce the issue.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Well, you used the word 'plugin' so I did just that and looked for it in the plugins tab.

image.png.d32302c71e7eeab2d4666ddea30c542f.png

Ok. I installed it, but what am I supposed to select to "Auto Update" in order to patch the OS and fix the DockerHub issue? This particular Calibre docker container under Settings->Docker Auto Update Settings ?

Edited by frakman1
On 9/17/2019 at 1:29 PM, aptalca said:

This image only replaces the RDP Calibre image that is in my personal repo. This one is more up to date and will continue getting updates whereas the RDP Calibre will be deprecated once I write migration instructions for existing users.

Are there any issues that existing users should keep an eye out for when migrating to linuxserver/calibre from RDP? I'm planning to update soon, but am currently still running RDP Calibre (with its black screen issue) with a calibre-web client.

I'm sorry in advance for being a newb and not being able to figure this out by myself...

Nothing I do in the config for this container will allow me to get past the Apache Guacamole log-in screen.  I've tried setting the user/pass to the default listed in the container, I've tried setting it to something else, I've tried the default credentials for Guacamole.  I tried completely removing the container and doing the rm command found on the previous page of this thread.  I just don't get it.

Here's the command execution:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='calibre' --net='bridge' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GUAC_USER'='abc' -e 'GUAC_PASS'='abc' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8086:8080/tcp' -p '8087:8081/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Library/':'/books':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Library/Import/':'/import':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/calibre':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/calibre' 
c4dadfdf351fc6ec50aabcb3d013a0e38835209664c7eecb8e57f488101d1c5b

The command finished successfully!

I don't know how much of the container log would be helpful, so here's the last few lines:

20-Oct-2019 06:15:17.961 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.webjars.servlet.WebjarsServlet.init WebjarsServlet initialization completed
20-Oct-2019 06:15:17.978 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive [/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT.war] has finished in [3,664] ms
20-Oct-2019 06:15:17.982 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8080"]
20-Oct-2019 06:15:17.995 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 3777 ms
06:16:17.235 [http-nio-8080-exec-9] WARN o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - Authentication attempt from 192.168.1.75 for user "abc" failed.

Any suggestions?  (I'm working on moving from the RDP-Calibre container to this one, just can't figure this bit out)

Edit:  It occurred to me that I hadn't tried it with no credentials, so I did that and it skipped the Guacamole login screen and went right to Calibre.  I don't understand, but it worked.

image.png.aae757c9e9f0e40204ad0016600530a3.png

Edit2:  I think I know what I did wrong.  I see (now) in the screenshot above it's asking for an md5 hash for the password and I was putting in the password itself.  Whatever, it's working now and I'm not touching it again :)

Edited by rwarren873
more info
5 hours ago, rwarren873 said:

I'm sorry in advance for being a newb and not being able to figure this out by myself...

Nothing I do in the config for this container will allow me to get past the Apache Guacamole log-in screen.  I've tried setting the user/pass to the default listed in the container, I've tried setting it to something else, I've tried the default credentials for Guacamole.  I tried completely removing the container and doing the rm command found on the previous page of this thread.  I just don't get it.

Here's the command execution:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='calibre' --net='bridge' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GUAC_USER'='abc' -e 'GUAC_PASS'='abc' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8086:8080/tcp' -p '8087:8081/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Library/':'/books':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Library/Import/':'/import':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/calibre':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/calibre' 
c4dadfdf351fc6ec50aabcb3d013a0e38835209664c7eecb8e57f488101d1c5b

The command finished successfully!

I don't know how much of the container log would be helpful, so here's the last few lines:

20-Oct-2019 06:15:17.961 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.webjars.servlet.WebjarsServlet.init WebjarsServlet initialization completed
20-Oct-2019 06:15:17.978 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive [/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT.war] has finished in [3,664] ms
20-Oct-2019 06:15:17.982 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8080"]
20-Oct-2019 06:15:17.995 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 3777 ms
06:16:17.235 [http-nio-8080-exec-9] WARN o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - Authentication attempt from 192.168.1.75 for user "abc" failed.

Any suggestions?  (I'm working on moving from the RDP-Calibre container to this one, just can't figure this bit out)

Edit:  It occurred to me that I hadn't tried it with no credentials, so I did that and it skipped the Guacamole login screen and went right to Calibre.  I don't understand, but it worked.

image.png.aae757c9e9f0e40204ad0016600530a3.png

@rwarren873

This tripped me up too.

The password field in the docker template is actually an md5 hash of your password. To get that, run this on any Linux terminal:

echo -n mysupersecretpassword | openssl md5
(stdin)= 117a520adbd19eff51100215aa7a7fbf

That value (117a520adbd19eff51100215aa7a7fbf) is your password hash. Put that in the password field of your docker template, and use the actual password (mysupersecretpassword)  when you login to Guacamole.

I found this information  on the docker info page in dockerhub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/calibre

image.png.0680be3467e597fa296b354c88d2a3fc.png

Edited by frakman1
  • Thanks 1