[Support] Linuxserver.io - Calibre

13 hours ago, Urban said:

Im having trouble getting to the WebUI, when I click it just opens another tab of my unraid dashboard. Ive tried typing in the ip and port manually and it says "This site can’t be reached". I dont see anything else using conflicting with the port either. Ive tried reinstalling and cleaning up the appdata with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. 

Post your docker run command and the IP:port you are using to access calibre.

5 hours ago, saarg said:

Post your docker run command and the IP:port you are using to access calibre.

Well now I feel dumb I just never set the ports manually. Im very new to all this and this is the first time ive had to specify the port during install (im use to just the paths). Thank you for guiding me in the right direction saarg.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 5:32 PM, Urban said:

Im having trouble getting to the WebUI, when I click it just opens another tab of my unraid dashboard. Ive tried typing in the ip and port manually and it says "This site can’t be reached". I dont see anything else using conflicting with the port either. Ive tried reinstalling and cleaning up the appdata with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. 

I am having a similar problem. 

Actually, I was able to initially install from APPS and it worked the first time around.  After a few days, there was a new update and I tried to update.  However, the update seems to have been corrupted.  So I tried to uninstall.  But cannot install anymore. Then while looking through the ssh, I noticed that /mnt/user is now showing ? ? ?  .  From the Unraid Shares GUI, all the shares have disappeared.   Stopping and restarting the array did not help.  It came backup after a reboot of the system.

I tried to clean the containers and tried to install again.  But after install, the docker version shows "apply update".  Clicking on WebUI opens another tab showing Unraid's Main screen. 

Thank you for any suggestions

Edited by trumpets

I've killed my Calibre install... any way to recover it?    
I recently installed Calibre... had some second thoughts on the thing, but finally got a system that worked with Calibre then Calibre-Web for reader/download to ipad/iphone mechanism.   It seemed to be reasonably working, so I went "all-in" and dumped hundreds of magazines and ebooks into the import folder.

Well, my docker use sky rocketed, Calibre started hogging CPU resources and finally the docker use hit 100% and it crashed.   
After the fact, I expanded my docker image, but Calibre just won't start for me anymore.

I get an "execution error -- server error" message and nothing more. 

My docker container log shows Calibre with 11.2Gb Container, 10Gb writable and 1.04Mb Log -- I'm guessing the container at 11.2gb is full due to the 10gb writable data - so is there a way to just expand Calibre's docker image?  And what is in this Calibre Docker image?     By my library and import folder is on the array disks.  App Data is not however.... it is /mnt/user/appdata/calibre  - perhaps I should move it, but can I without losing my Calibre data?

I have a few other Docker containers, so was pretty certain my config is all fine since nothing else runs astray chewing up resources and image space.

Any ideas on how to get it to run again?  

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

Weird bug I'm encountering. I'm trying to access the mobile view of the web server to download content to my Paperwhite. Calibre documentation says goto [serverIP]:[serverPort]/mobile.

For me, 192.168.0.2:8080 works fine, takes me to the JS guacamole login page.

192.168.0.2:8080/mobile gets me a 404 error, screenshot attached.

If anyone has any advice I'd be super appreciative. Thanks all.

Screenshot_20201017_174357.png

1 hour ago, kjkent said:

Hello all!

Weird bug I'm encountering. I'm trying to access the mobile view of the web server to download content to my Paperwhite. Calibre documentation says goto [serverIP]:[serverPort]/mobile.

For me, 192.168.0.2:8080 works fine, takes me to the JS guacamole login page.

192.168.0.2:8080/mobile gets me a 404 error, screenshot attached.

If anyone has any advice I'd be super appreciative. Thanks all.

Screenshot_20201017_174357.png

Calibre is not a webgui. It's running as an app inside the container and you are using guacamole to connect to the "desktop". So adding /mobile will not work.

Where did you read that you can add /mobile at the end of the URL?

1 minute ago, saarg said:

Calibre is not a webgui. It's running as an app inside the container and you are using guacamole to connect to the "desktop". So adding /mobile will not work.

Where did you read that you can add /mobile at the end of the URL?

Hi @saarg, thanks for your input. At this URL: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html

It says: "If you are using a particularly old or limited browser or you don’t like to run JavaScript, you can use the mobile view, by simply adding /mobile to the the server address."

FIXED! 

If anyone is to stumble across this in the future: to access the mobile interface of Calibre web, it's not the same port as the desktop/JavaScript web interface for the server. You need to access the content server port.

For me, going to [Server IP]:[Calibre CONTENT SERVER IP]/mobile    ... worked. (For me, 192.168.0.2:8081/mobile)

Hopefully this helps someone in the future, but alas perhaps nobody will be as daft as I have been for the past multiple hours.

@saarg, thanks for your input regardless. So happy to solve this!

• 2 weeks later...

Hope someone can help me with the following error that started happening recently with Calibre. I'm not sure if something has changed with a recent update but I cannot start the Content server which has been running just fine.

calibre, version 5.3.0
ERROR: Failed to start Content server: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I have checked my configuration and the WebUI works fine and I see all of my library content but I'm not able to start the content server.

Any help would be appreciated.

I know this question was already asked, and answered two pages earlier, but I doesnt solve my problem - because I think I setup everything correctly.

Still, the container blows up (normal size of about 5 GB).

I used a plugin within calibre to count the pages of books and during processing/running this addon, we size even went up to 15 GB

But the books are not stored in the appdata folder / container disk, as suggested before.

Is my setup correct? Thanks in advance!977054661_2020-11-0114_42_17-Clipboard.thumb.png.08050696c3c3ae2140dab15b2d6644a3.png

2020-11-01 14_44_07-Mule_Docker - Chromium.png

2020-11-01 14_37_24-127.0.0.1 - Chromium.png

10 hours ago, BookReader1 said:

I know this question was already asked, and answered two pages earlier, but I doesnt solve my problem - because I think I setup everything correctly.

Still, the container blows up (normal size of about 5 GB).

I used a plugin within calibre to count the pages of books and during processing/running this addon, we size even went up to 15 GB

But the books are not stored in the appdata folder / container disk, as suggested before.

Is my setup correct? Thanks in advance!977054661_2020-11-0114_42_17-Clipboard.thumb.png.08050696c3c3ae2140dab15b2d6644a3.png

2020-11-01 14_44_07-Mule_Docker - Chromium.png

2020-11-01 14_37_24-127.0.0.1 - Chromium.png

You have probably configured something wrong if the container grows in size just from adding books. If it only grows when using the plugin, it's the plugin that is storing something inside the container.

I see you have added the library path which is the same as the /books path, so not sure why you did that. And you also have added a variable called libraryinternalpath which I don't see the reason for?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to install the plugin "Read MP3 AudioBook metadata" within the package, in order to be able to handle audiobooks as well as regular books. This however doesn't work. Does anybody have experience in how to handle audiobooks in calibre? And is it possible to do in this package? 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Mr_Jay84 said:

I seem to be having problems if my library is mounted on my NAS. Hosting the library on the array doesn't suffer from this.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

sdsd.PNG.948ec5592d7b1fc986c949377b482761.PNG

I guess you don't see your unraid server as a NAS. Your database needs to be on a filesystem and not a fuse/network storage.

1 minute ago, saarg said:

I guess you don't see your unraid server as a NAS. Your database needs to be on a filesystem and not a fuse/network storage.

Yeah that's right. I had to store the eBooks on the NAS for various reasons. I suppose then answer is to host the library on the array and have a script duplicate all books to the NAS.

Running Calibre as a Docker on the QNPA NAS is also another option.

Thanks for the sharp repsonse!

• 1 month later...

It's great to have calibre running on my UnRAID server. Thanks for that. Makes more sense than installing it on some random LAN client. Or, worse, several of them.

I'm running into a problem, though, that exposes my ignorance of dockers. When I try to set up the Content Server it announces that it's running on a network wildly different from my LAN., which knows nothing of 172.17.0.7. I can change the port, of course, but can't seem to find where or how to map the LAN address to my own.

Installed on a LAN client, as calibre has always been for me in the past, the address of the Content Server is set to the address of the client. So I'm guessing I need to tweak the container parameters but I can't see how.

LATER THAT SAME EVENING

UnRAID's docker documentation appears to suggest that this is fixed under Docker Settings by changing host access to custom networks from disabled to enabled. However, my Docker Settings here on UnRAID 6.0.9 rc2 appear to glue this parameter firmly to "disabled".  I'm wondering if I stopping the array will unglue this.

All suggestions very welcome.

LATER STILL (SOLVED)

It's there in the docker parameters. To run a Web server inside a docker with the same address of your LAN you need to set the Network Type to Custom.  Ha!

This gives the docker an address on your LAN (not, as I rather stupidly thought, the same address as your NAS). Now Content Server will take that local LAN address with whatever port you allocate to it inside calibre and your calibre library now becomes accessible to any other client on your LAN. This is by far the easiest way, for example, of loading books onto my Kobo Aura.

(I'm leaving this up in case it helps somebody else as this doesn't seem to be crystal clear in the documentation.)

-- 

Chris

Edited by bidmead
second thoughts and a solution with some additional notes.
5 hours ago, bidmead said:

It's great to have calibre running on my UnRAID server. Thanks for that. Makes more sense than installing it on some random LAN client. Or, worse, several of them.

I'm running into a problem, though, that exposes my ignorance of dockers. When I try to set up the Content Server it announces that it's running on a network wildly different from my LAN., which knows nothing of 172.17.0.7. I can change the port, of course, but can't seem to find where or how to map the LAN address to my own.

Installed on a LAN client, as calibre has always been for me in the past, the address of the Content Server is set to the address of the client. So I'm guessing I need to tweak the container parameters but I can't see how.

LATER THAT SAME EVENING

UnRAID's docker documentation appears to suggest that this is fixed under Docker Settings by changing host access to custom networks from disabled to enabled. However, my Docker Settings here on UnRAID 6.0.9 rc2 appear to glue this parameter firmly to "disabled".  I'm wondering if I stopping the array will unglue this.

All suggestions very welcome.

LATER STILL (SOLVED)

It's there in the docker parameters. To run a Web server inside a docker with the same address of your LAN you need to set the Network Type to Custom.  Ha!

This gives the docker an address on your LAN (not, as I rather stupidly thought, the same address as your NAS). Now Content Server will take that local LAN address with whatever port you allocate to it inside calibre and your calibre library now becomes accessible to any other client on your LAN. This is by far the easiest way, for example, of loading books onto my Kobo Aura.

(I'm leaving this up in case it helps somebody else as this doesn't seem to be crystal clear in the documentation.)

-- 

Chris

Or you could have simply mapped the port the content server use.

4 hours ago, bidmead said:

How does that work out, @saarg? I'll try this if you think it's a good idea, but I'd expect it still to have the base IP address of the docker, not of the UnRAID NAS.

-- 

Chris

It maps the port inside the container to your host, the same way as you are able to connect to calibre. This is one of the most basic things about docker.

7 hours ago, bidmead said:

I've much to learn about dockers, @saarg, lovely things that they are, so thanks for that.

Is there any particular objection to my using a custom network as described? It seems to be the logical and recommended approach.

-- 

Chris

It doesn't make any sense to run it in its own custom network if you have no reason to.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All!!!

If anyone is having an issue not being able to connect their e-reader to Calbire and it just gives a 172.x.x.x IP. Change the Network Type to custom and get it a set IP. After, you will see the IP, and be able to connect with the default settings.

image.thumb.png.7297ec677f39815cabc3e6764a68958d.png

10 hours ago, PLAY3R said:

Hello All!!!

If anyone is having an issue not being able to connect their e-reader to Calbire and it just gives a 172.x.x.x IP. Change the Network Type to custom and get it a set IP. After, you will see the IP, and be able to connect with the default settings.

image.thumb.png.7297ec677f39815cabc3e6764a68958d.png

That is not needed at all. Something else is wrong in your setup.

Hi,

I'm juste installing Calibre but i've a problem...

All is ok but the auto add dosen't work...

When i add the forder manualy it's ok but when i drag a a file into this same folder, Calibre don't add the file automaticaly as he should do....  nothing happens...

If you've a solution... i'm here 🙂

EDIT : I found my problem... Calibre don't scan sub folder 😞  A solution ?

Thx

Edited by Auden69