[Support] Linuxserver.io - Calibre

Hello,
I managing my library with Calibre (about 9000 Ebooks) and share it with Calibre-server.

Sometimes i've this error when i try to edit a Book in calibre :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 1130, in setData
  File "calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 1204, in _set_data
  File "calibre/db/legacy.py", line 551, in set
  File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 72, in call_func_with_lock
  File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 1198, in set_field
  File "calibre/db/write.py", line 543, in set_books
  File "calibre/db/write.py", line 404, in many_many
  File "calibre/db/write.py", line 268, in get_db_id
  File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 920, in execute
apsw.BusyError: BusyError: database is locked

To avoid this bug, i've to shut off Calibre-web and restart Calibre. 

I found a Fix on a forum : 

From the manual:
nobrl -
Do not send byte range lock requests to the server. This is necessary for certain applications that break with cifs style mandatory byte range locks (and most cifs servers do not yet support requesting advisory byte range locks).

So in the /etc/fstab:

Code:

//server/nas /home/nas cifs nobrl,user=uid,password=xxx,uid=1001,gid=1001 0 0

"Then you can use the calibre libraries on this volume without errors." 

But I don't know/understand  what i should do on my unraid server... I'm starting with unraid 😞

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks !
Auden.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just installed this calibre app into my unraid box. I'm now trying to use goodreads sync plugin [Link to plugin] so that all my reading progress is synced across calibre and my ereader. What I'm seeing in the logs is that the plugin cannot connect to my goodreads account because a web browser is required to do the OAuth2 handshake and none are installed/available. Does anyone have an idea how i could get around this? Note: I've never used calibre before and really know nothing about it

File "calibre/gui2/notify.py", line 182, in get_notifier
File "calibre/gui2/notify.py", line 110, in get_dbus_notifier
File "dbus/_dbus.py", line 212, in __new__
File "dbus/_dbus.py", line 102, in __new__
File "dbus/bus.py", line 124, in __new__
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead
Restarting with: /opt/calibre/bin/calibre
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-abc'
Failed to contact running instance of calibre
Failed to contact running instance of calibre
[Errno 111] Connection refused
DBusExport: Failed to connect to DBUS session bus, with error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead
Unable to detect a web browser to launch 'http://www.goodreads.com/oauth/authorize/?oauth_token=xXxXxXxXxXxX'

I'm having a weird issue with setting a user and pass in the docker config page.

Latest version of linuxserver/calibre - the environmental variables for GUAC_USER & GUAC_PASS do not work - still have to log in with abc / abc.

Cannot figure out how to change this (an I'm pretty sure I'm being silly)

10 hours ago, Monty said:

I'm having a weird issue with setting a user and pass in the docker config page.

Latest version of linuxserver/calibre - the environmental variables for GUAC_USER & GUAC_PASS do not work - still have to log in with abc / abc.

Cannot figure out how to change this (an I'm pretty sure I'm being silly)

6 hours ago, dcpdad said:

@Monty I can confirm that I am having the same issue. This started for me after yesterday's Docker update.

Might be worth it to read the documentation some times 😉

22.03.21: - Rebase to rdesktop-web baseimage. Deprecate GUAC_USER and GUAC_PASS env vars. Existing users can set the new var PASSWORD for the user abc.

Ah, I see. So they've changed how the authentication works.

I've added the password variable, and it's working. Yay

Is there anyway to change the default username (abc) - I've read the documentation, and can't seem to find how to.

The question I have is how can I get the library to point to an existing one on my /media/ebooks/ share? It creates the Calibre Library under /config in the mtn/cache/appdata/calibre/config which I do not want it there. My media is on /mtn/user/media/ebooks since it has all the space there for it. I tried to change it but it will not let me see the directory in the /mtn/user/media/. I can see the media directory but it shows no sub-folders. I just don't want it filling up the cache drive with all that information. Any help would be appreciated.

when you setup Calibre on docker did you map a path to the directory you keep your books in. Calibre has a /books path that you change at inception. Point /books to /mint/user/media, then run the docker. 

once started change the library location to /books and you should see your files.  

hope this helps

3 hours ago, marcus523 said:

when you setup Calibre on docker did you map a path to the directory you keep your books in. Calibre has a /books path that you change at inception. Point /books to /mint/user/media, then run the docker. 

once started change the library location to /books and you should see your files.  

hope this helps

Yeah that is what I thought too but it is pointing to the /mtn/user/media/ebooks where the books are at and the original Calibre database. When it boots up it puts the Calibre Library under the /config section which is not on the user drives. 

P.S. Took me a while to figure out that removing the username and pass makes it work right...lol

6 hours ago, gsd2012 said:

The question I have is how can I get the library to point to an existing one on my /media/ebooks/ share? It creates the Calibre Library under /config in the mtn/cache/appdata/calibre/config which I do not want it there. My media is on /mtn/user/media/ebooks since it has all the space there for it. I tried to change it but it will not let me see the directory in the /mtn/user/media/. I can see the media directory but it shows no sub-folders. I just don't want it filling up the cache drive with all that information. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok after some tinkering I figured out the problem. I had it pointed right but when you first create the initial library look for the directory label "books" which is the root of my share /mtn/user/media/ebooks/ it will then find the original Calibre database and pull everything in. All is good now!!! 

I got Calibre up and working with the old library that I had but each time I reboot the docker (after adding plugins) it goes back to the point of starting a new database again looking for the library. I then locate it again and it comes right up but goes back to the /root each time I reboot it. Second part is if I make a change in the Preferences and reboot it does not save the changes. It resets them back to the original ones. Same goes with changing the icons. I just did a test on plugins too and once it reboots the plugins are all reset back to default and not showing installed. Another strange thing happened over night were I can't pull metadata for the books anymore either.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, gsd2012 said:

I got Calibre up and working with the old library that I had but each time I reboot the docker (after adding plugins) it goes back to the point of starting a new database again looking for the library. I then locate it again and it comes right up but goes back to the /root each time I reboot it. Second part is if I make a change in the Preferences and reboot it does not save the changes. It resets them back to the original ones. Same goes with changing the icons. I just did a test on plugins too and once it reboots the plugins are all reset back to default and not showing installed. Another strange thing happened over night were I can't pull metadata for the books anymore either.

I'm having the same issue after pulling the latest image. It's like it "forgot" where my library is and every time I repoint to it and restart the docker it "forgets" again. I'm getting errors in my logs as well.

https://privatebin.net/?6cb378d34ade868b#Euikg6Kvz2K4XK1xJq7V1U6a7Mz65Vz47f9wdraoAPUV

Edited by TBoneStaek
add log
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, TBoneStaek said:

I'm having the same issue after pulling the latest image. It's like it "forgot" where my library is and every time I repoint to it and restart the docker it "forgets" again. I'm getting errors in my logs as well.

https://privatebin.net/?6cb378d34ade868b#Euikg6Kvz2K4XK1xJq7V1U6a7Mz65Vz47f9wdraoAPUV

Yes that is exactly what happen to me. It keeps forgetting everything even the plugins too.

5 hours ago, b0m541 said:

Same crap here, just updated.. sad.

Press OK, and then you should get the login window. You might have to remove the previous set env variable for user/password as the base image was changed. It's in the changelog of the readme.

so i skimmed and didn't see a result if i missed it my apologies - but my docker auto updated and now the gui won't load - the docker starts up and when i try and load the webgui - i just get a blank screen and no calibre app - looks like a new guacamole though

tried doing a force update - i'm seeing nothing obvious in the logs 

any suggestions?

edit: sooooooooooooo looks like my dark reader plugin was basically blanking the vnc - pebkac

Edited by SeattleBandit

Hello, I am new to Calibre, and I would like to know, if and if then how I can use Calibre without importing the files itself.

I have a (partly) well managed E-Book Collection of 480gb, which I want to stay. Calibre should only manage the Access and its Metadata.

How am I starting to achieve this? Didn't find it here or in the RTFM, if I missed it, please point me to the according docs, thanks in advance.

I am adding my Config here:1798289270_Bildschirmfoto2021-05-02um14_49_00.thumb.jpg.ffa50a04e2ea24653d4e704a6999af95.jpg

When I want to change the place of the library, it does not see my Array, as I understand it is looking in the docker.img only. 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-02 um 14.50.29.jpg

It puts its Files in /import/-Calibre-/ instead of /mnt/disk1/Array/BookServ/-Calibre-/

Edited by n8breeze