[Support] Linuxserver.io - Dokuwiki

linuxserver_medium.thumb.png.cee63d6e1166b538d42eba4c33b1c712.png

Application Name: Dokuwiki
Application Site: https://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/dokuwiki/
Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-dokuwiki

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, rather use the linuxserver.io forum for support.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello.

First of all: Thank you for this wonderful docker. I need just a little tip to full happiness. Can someone explain me how to enable sqlite in the docker for PHP? I installed the struct and sqlite extension in dokuwiki and now getting the following error:

SQLite & PDO SQLite support missing in this PHP install - plugin will not work

I think something is missing for me.

Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
52 minutes ago, hundsboog said:

Is this container still maintained? Just asking, because I dont see any settings to create and manage users or am I wrong? Nevertheless like always great work!!

It's still maintained. Why shouldn't it?

Dokuwiki have not released a stable release since 2018.

20 hours ago, saarg said:

It's still maintained. Why shouldn't it?

Dokuwiki have not released a stable release since 2018.

I just wondered, because after starting the docker and entering the GUI, there was no possibility to create users as it is possible in the "common" installable version. I would like to have it for my office as some kind of instruction manual for all of our technical stuff we have. But without having the possibility to set users, everyone can edit, change and delete things or do I miss something?

Edited by hundsboog
1 hour ago, hundsboog said:

I just wondered, because after starting the docker and entering the GUI, there was no possibility to create users as it is possible in the "common" installable version. I would like to have it for my office as some kind of instruction manual for all of our technical stuff we have. But without having the possibility to set users, everyone can edit, change and delete things or do I miss something?

Did you follow the instructions in the application setup part of the readme on GitHub linked in the first post?

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Could someone point me to the location for smileys?  under /mnt/user/appdata/dokuwiki/dokuwiki/lib/images there is no smileys folder.  When I obtain info on a smiley that is available through the editor, the location is http://ipaddress:8010/lib/images/smileys/icon_cool.gif

I'm a bit confused. Is the smiley being pulled from somewhere outside of the dokuwiki directory?

• 2 months later...

I would really like a bit of assistance here. I've been running this docker, without fault for the last 3 months or so. In the last week, when I went to launch it, the web browser would not connect to the page at all. I hadn't made any changes to any configs, so I'm a bit baffled. I looked at the /appdata/dokuwiki/log/php/error.log and was consistently getting following error

[02-Aug-2020 08:02:17] ERROR: unable to bind listening socket for address '127.0.0.1:9000': Address in use (98)
[02-Aug-2020 08:02:17] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

I restarted the app a few times and found that I now get a blank white page (with no errors showing) so I figure the web service part of the docker has gone a bit tits up. Going back to the same error log (/appdata/dokuwiki/log/php/error.log) I note the following now

[02-Aug-2020 08:27:59] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 331
[02-Aug-2020 08:27:59] NOTICE: ready to handle connections

I've had a little look around other error logs and found the following error in the /appdata/dokuwiki/log/nginx/error.log

2020/08/06 22:34:08 [error] 350#350: *7 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'dokuwiki\plugin\config\core\Setting\Setting' not found in /app/dokuwiki/inc/deprecated.php:61
Stack trace:
#0 /app/dokuwiki/inc/load.php(38): require_once()
#1 /app/dokuwiki/inc/init.php(200): require_once('/app/dokuwiki/i...')
#2 /app/dokuwiki/doku.php(36): require_once('/app/dokuwiki/i...')
#3 {main}
  thrown in /app/dokuwiki/inc/deprecated.php on line 61" while reading response header from upstream, client: client.ip, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "server.ip:280"

There seems to be an entry here every time I start the docker.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm even looking in the right places for the right errors, but would appreciate some pointers to getting this fixed.

Tia

My guess is something wrong with the latest update of this Docker (7 days ago). I reverted back to the last update (2 months ago) and it's working again. If you want to try this, edit the Docker and change the repository to be:

linuxserver/dokuwiki:2018-04-22c-ls41

No warranties, expressed or implied!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, darias said:

My guess is something wrong with the latest update of this Docker (7 days ago). I reverted back to the last update (2 months ago) and it's working again. If you want to try this, edit the Docker and change the repository to be:

linuxserver/dokuwiki:2018-04-22c-ls41

No warranties, expressed or implied!

Thanks for that, I'm back in now. You are a hero

I wonder what happened and how come it's not been picked up yet?

I had the same issue; container updated and then it stops working with a 500 error.

Looks like there was an update to Dokuwiki that causes some plugins to auto crash. I haven't gone into the details yet to see which plugins specifically are killing my wiki.

There are people commenting on the github repo for this LinuxServer container at the following link with more details:

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-dokuwiki/issues/16

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrading issues.

I didn't know how to roll back the docker to the older repo, so i made a fresh install with the newest repo and then added my old data-folder to the new install.

Now I am on the latest repo, and my Wiki-site is all there.

However, since I only ported my data-folder and nothing else: plugins gone, config gone, themes gone, users gone.

For me, this payoff is fine. I only had two users, and had only installed one plugin - the pages I had made was the important thing and what I had spent most of my time on.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, after reading through the issues, I have found a solution. As others have said, and some additional reading has confirmed, the issue is related to incompatible plugins from the "Greebo" 2018 release and the 2020 "Hogfather" release. It seems that the core issue is that the 'plugins' directory in the linuxserver docker implementation is part of persistent storage--rightly so, because, well it needs to be persistent. However the problem with new platform releases of Dokuwiki is that they bundle new versions of the "core" plugins, this creates the incompatibility. The extension manager does not currently support updating core plugins (and may never according to the devteam due to various technical limitations). So when the image updates, the persistent plugin storage is stuck with the old plugins leading to a version mismatch triggering an Error 500 in nginx.

So, if you're running a barebones install with no additional customization, the solution (on Windows) is as easy as making sure your appdata share is accessible, navigating to your dokuwiki appdata folder, then to where the plugins directory is located (\appdata\dokuwiki\dokuwiki\lib in my case). Rename the "plugins" directory to literally anything else, and then redeploy the container. Linux and shell users can grasp what needs to happen from the above.

Once the container is re-deployed, it will recreate the plugins directory with the correctly versioned core (bundled) plugins and the wiki will come up. 

I don't have a complex setup going on here, but I could make a guess that if someone has a bunch of plugins, they could try the following:

• Prior to updating to the latest version of the docker container, update your plugins through the extension manager, try to ensure compatibility with the 2020 release.
  • Make note of the custom plugins (or !bundled plugins based on tag)
  • Move the plugins folder, recreate the container to install the new core plugins
  • Manually move your custom plugin folders back
    • NOTE: I do not have enough experience with Dokuwiki to know whether the folders are all you need for plugins. My very very basic understanding suggests yes, but it was with very quick reading, and not actual comprehension.

I hope that's helpful!

Edited by MDKAOD
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...