[Support] Linuxserver.io - Jellyfin

• 3 weeks later...

I just started getting the following:

[22:11:55] [FTL] [1] Main: Error while starting server.
Full: SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: database or disk is full

but this is what my filesystems look like:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/loop2       20G  9.6G  9.8G  50% /
tmpfs            64M     0   64M   0% /dev
tmpfs           3.8G     0  3.8G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
shm              64M     0   64M   0% /dev/shm
shfs             53T   53T  299G 100% /tv
/dev/loop2       20G  9.6G  9.8G  50% /etc/hosts
tmpfs           3.8G     0  3.8G   0% /proc/acpi
tmpfs           3.8G     0  3.8G   0% /sys/firmware

and this is what my docker volume looks like:

Label: none  uuid: 717af81f-c683-4ca7-98de
	Total devices 1 FS bytes used 9.12GiB
	devid    1 size 20.00GiB used 13.52GiB path /dev/loop2

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

For the life of me, I cannot get Jellyfin to forward to SWAG. I'm not using a dedicated bridge, instead I'm using dedicated IP addresses.

My config files are attached below. Please help. Thanks

network.xml is for the Jellyfin container

Subdomain is my sudomain config

jellyfin is my server config

my Jelly fin container is IP'd 10.10.1.251 with ports 80 and 443

my swag ip is 10.10.1.222

jellyfin.subdomain.conf jellyfin network.xml

On 8/17/2021 at 12:19 AM, huladaddy said:

I just started getting the following:

[22:11:55] [FTL] [1] Main: Error while starting server.
Full: SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: database or disk is full

but this is what my filesystems look like:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/loop2       20G  9.6G  9.8G  50% /
tmpfs            64M     0   64M   0% /dev
tmpfs           3.8G     0  3.8G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
shm              64M     0   64M   0% /dev/shm
shfs             53T   53T  299G 100% /tv
/dev/loop2       20G  9.6G  9.8G  50% /etc/hosts
tmpfs           3.8G     0  3.8G   0% /proc/acpi
tmpfs           3.8G     0  3.8G   0% /sys/firmware

and this is what my docker volume looks like:

Label: none  uuid: 717af81f-c683-4ca7-98de
	Total devices 1 FS bytes used 9.12GiB
	devid    1 size 20.00GiB used 13.52GiB path /dev/loop2

Any thoughts?

grow your docker image. That should solve the issue.

1 hour ago, eagle470 said:

For the life of me, I cannot get Jellyfin to forward to SWAG. I'm not using a dedicated bridge, instead I'm using dedicated IP addresses.

My config files are attached below. Please help. Thanks

network.xml is for the Jellyfin container

Subdomain is my sudomain config

jellyfin is my server config

my Jelly fin container is IP'd 10.10.1.251 with ports 80 and 443

my swag ip is 10.10.1.222

jellyfin.subdomain.conf 1.25 kB · 0 downloads jellyfin 5.88 kB · 0 downloads network.xml 1.33 kB · 0 downloads

My setup is working fine with jellyfin docker on a custom network for the communication between my dockers. I should mention I'm using organizr to get to my dockers from outside my local network.
The optional fixed IP is left blank in the jellyfin docker configuration.

I don't know where you got your jellyfin.subdomain.conf because it very different than the sample. I use the following jellyfin.subdomain.conf:

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for jellyfin
# if jellyfin is running in bridge mode and the container is named "jellyfin", the below config should work as is
# if not, replace the line "set $upstream_app jellyfin;" with "set $upstream_app <containername>;"
# or "set $upstream_app <HOSTIP>;" for host mode, HOSTIP being the IP address of jellyfin
# in jellyfin settings, under "Advanced/Networking" change the public https port to 443, leave the local ports as is,
# and set the "Secure connection mode" to "Handled by reverse proxy"

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name jellyfin.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy-confs/organizr-auth.subfolder.conf;
        auth_request /auth-4;   #=User
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_app jellyfin;
        set $upstream_port 8096;
        set $upstream_proto http;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

proxy_set_header Range $http_range;
        proxy_set_header If-Range $http_if_range;
    }

location ~ (/jellyfin)?/socket {
        set $upstream_port 8096;
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection $http_connection;
        set $app jellyfin;
        #include /config/nginx/theme-park.conf;
   }
}

You also have to setup other stuff like duckdns and the configuration that works with your domain. It is a bit confusing at first but it works great once configured properly.
Look at spaceinvaderone videos on youtube, he explains everything through a few videos and his explanations are really clear to understand what you need.

2 hours ago, cam217 said:

My setup is working fine with jellyfin docker on a custom network for the communication between my dockers. I should mention I'm using organizr to get to my dockers from outside my local network.
The optional fixed IP is left blank in the jellyfin docker configuration.

I don't know where you got your jellyfin.subdomain.conf because it very different than the sample. I use the following jellyfin.subdomain.conf:

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for jellyfin
# if jellyfin is running in bridge mode and the container is named "jellyfin", the below config should work as is
# if not, replace the line "set $upstream_app jellyfin;" with "set $upstream_app <containername>;"
# or "set $upstream_app <HOSTIP>;" for host mode, HOSTIP being the IP address of jellyfin
# in jellyfin settings, under "Advanced/Networking" change the public https port to 443, leave the local ports as is,
# and set the "Secure connection mode" to "Handled by reverse proxy"

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name jellyfin.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy-confs/organizr-auth.subfolder.conf;
        auth_request /auth-4;   #=User
        set $upstream_port 8096;

proxy_set_header Range $http_range;
        proxy_set_header If-Range $http_if_range;
    }

location ~ (/jellyfin)?/socket {
        set $upstream_port 8096;
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection $http_connection;
        set $app jellyfin;
        #include /config/nginx/theme-park.conf;
   }
}

You also have to setup other stuff like duckdns and the configuration that works with your domain. It is a bit confusing at first but it works great once configured properly.
Look at spaceinvaderone videos on youtube, he explains everything through a few videos and his explanations are really clear to understand what you need.

My issue is jellyfin isn’t forwarding to swag. I can still get to the jellyfin webserver internal.

i have nextcloud up and working, so i was able to get the done once, but I’m unsure on why it’s not forwarding all traffic to the nginx proxy server.

Do you have any docker that does work from a remote location? Having it working remotely is more complicated than just having it locally.

Did you open the jellyfin port in your firewall?
From there do you forward to correct docker IP address?
Did you configure duckdns (necessary if your ISP changes your public IP)?

Do you have a domain? In that case, did you add the CNAME for jellyfin?
What does the the swag logs says?

As I said, you should look at spaceinvaderone video to check one by one you have the correct configuration each step of the process of this configuration.

Edited by cam217
9 hours ago, cam217 said:

Do you have any docker that does work from a remote location? Having it working remotely is more complicated than just having it locally.

Did you open the jellyfin port in your firewall?
From there do you forward to correct docker IP address?
Did you configure duckdns (necessary if your ISP changes your public IP)?

Do you have a domain? In that case, did you add the CNAME for jellyfin?
What does the the swag logs says?

As I said, you should look at spaceinvaderone video to check one by one you have the correct configuration each step of the process of this configuration.

I have nextcloud working. I have the domain. I have cloudflare working. I have DDNS working. I have internal DNS working. I have all of this working.

The issue is that Jellyfin isn't directing traffic THROUGH swag. I'm not getting TO the Proxy server, I'm not even worried about getting out of it, yet.

What does swag logs says? What about jellyfin logs? All good?

What did you configure into the jellyfin docker in the Advanced networking section? There, I have:

• Allow remote connections to this server option checked in the Remote Access Settings
  • Enable automatic port mapping option checked in the Remote Access Settings
  • IPv4 checked IP Protocols
  • Check if you need to use the Base URL option in Server Address Settings. I do use it but that depends on your configuration

The rest is stock on the jellyfin side.

I'll look further and report back here if I think of something else you should check.

Edited by cam217
1 hour ago, cam217 said:

What does swag logs says? What about jellyfin logs? All good?

What did you configure into the jellyfin docker in the Advanced networking section? There, I have:

• Allow remote connections to this server option checked in the Remote Access Settings
  • Enable automatic port mapping option checked in the Remote Access Settings
  • IPv4 checked IP Protocols
  • Check if you need to use the Base URL option in Server Address Settings. I do use it but that depends on your configuration

The rest is stock on the jellyfin side.

I'll look further and report back here if I think of something else you should check.

other than automatic port mapping and the proxy address, my config matched yours for Jellyfin.

Jellyfin logs report no issue. swag logs report no issue.

Jellyfin is still not forwarding traffic to swag.

Did you keep your jellyfin.subdomain.conf?
I'm not an expert on those configuration files but I know mine works and yours looks way different. Plus, as I said, I don't use fixed IP for the jellyfin docker.

Did you check if the correct ports are open? Do you forward to the correct IP? Are you dockers on the same custom network so they can talk to each other? Everything I access from outside my network is on that same custom network.

I remember it was rather complicated to make it work, so I tried it as simple as possible. Then when it works you can try more fancy stuff. I also know that the swag configuration files have to be correctly configured and some have a bit different configuration than others. This is why there are plenty of samples.
The file you posted was nowhere near the sample. Did you try a more stock approach for that file? You could also join the LSIO discord to get help from the source 😉

I swapped out my jellyfin.subdomain.conf file for yours, minus the organizr configuration.

I'm not running a custom network, I have everything going over IP, as I want to split some of these services out to other systems later on. I want to be able to scale to more servers as time goes on.

I may have to go to the lsio discord at this point. You've been more helpful than most, but there has to be something that we all are missing.

I do understand that you want to scale later on, no problem.
Do try simple, make it work and then test out a bit different configuration by small increments so you know what works, what doesn't and what need improvements. Going all in is tempting but you might get loss and annoyed along the way.

Been there, done that 😅.

The last thing I can advise you to do *again*, look at sapceinvaderone videos. At some point he explains the basic configuration of the files for swag (lest's encrypt at the time)

Good luck 🙂

I finally got vaapi transcoding working for the AMD 3200G on unraid for this docker image of jellyfin. Thanks for the image.

If anyone needs to know how I can write up what I did.

APU usage on vaapi transcoding a 4k video between 10-20%. This is very good for a small processor.

image.png.b706268f191c03ad3eb987225846ea48.png

Previously without hardware accelerated transcoding 4 threads on 90% (software)

Edited by Aer
  • 2 months later...

Since upgrading unraid (Version 6.10.0-rc1 2021-08-07) I see the following error when I try to delete media via the jellyfin web user interface.

"There was an error deleting the item from the server. Please check that Jellyfin has write access to the media folder and try again."

What can I do about this?  Is there a configuration setting that I may change?  Prior to the unraid upgrade, I was able to delete files via the jellyfin UI

Log entry reads

[13:02:05] [ERR] [63] Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request: Directory not empty.

Tried to delete a file in another library.  Log reads as

[13:04:38] [ERR] [54] Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request. URL DELETE /Items/b1f2b3b534aa6b8c6df89560a13252c5.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path [. .. ] is denied.
---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

Looks like a permissions problem, but I don't know what to change & where, to fix it.  Checking the media path mappings, they're setup as read/write.

thanks

Edited by loungeChair
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there any guidance yet for transcoding with Alder Lake IGPUs? I was able to get drivers loaded but I get these errors when trying to transcode files:

ffmpeg version 4.3.1-Jellyfin Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 9 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --extra-version=Jellyfin --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-shared --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --enable-libfontconfig --enable-fontconfig --enable-gmp --enable-gnutls --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libdrm --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libdav1d --enable-libwebp --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libzvbi --enable-libzimg --arch=amd64 --enable-opencl --enable-vaapi --enable-amf --enable-libmfx --enable-vdpau --enable-cuda --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-nvenc --enable-nvdec --enable-ffnvcodec
  libavutil      56. 51.100 / 56. 51.100
  libavcodec     58. 91.100 / 58. 91.100
  libavformat    58. 45.100 / 58. 45.100
  libavdevice    58. 10.100 / 58. 10.100
  libavfilter     7. 85.100 /  7. 85.100
  libswscale      5.  7.100 /  5.  7.100
  libswresample   3.  7.100 /  3.  7.100
  libpostproc    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x563ff779b240] libva: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so has no function __vaDriverInit_1_0
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x563ff779b240] libva: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x563ff779b240] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).
Device creation failed: -5.
Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': Input/output error
Error parsing global options: Input/output error
6 hours ago, NitroNine said:

May be a dumb question, but every time this updates, it can't start because of all the dri paths that don't exist on my setup. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Thanks

Manually edit the applicable .xml file within /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user and change the line that says

<TemplateURL>https://.....</TemplateURL>

to instead be

<TemplateURL>false</TemplateURL>

47 minutes ago, Squid said:

Manually edit the applicable .xml file within /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user and change the line that says

<TemplateURL>https://.....</TemplateURL>

to instead be

<TemplateURL>false</TemplateURL>

Does this still allow the jellyfin server to update?  Thanks!

On 9/8/2021 at 10:13 PM, Aer said:

I finally got vaapi transcoding working for the AMD 3200G on unraid for this docker image of jellyfin. Thanks for the image.

If anyone needs to know how I can write up what I did.

APU usage on vaapi transcoding a 4k video between 10-20%. This is very good for a small processor.

image.png.b706268f191c03ad3eb987225846ea48.png

Previously without hardware accelerated transcoding 4 threads on 90% (software)

I'm interested in a write up of settings/etc.

I thought i had it setup, but 4k transcoding seems to just...stop, unless i put it back to software transcoding.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 11:37 PM, macem said:

I am also "one of them" spending my whole day trying to get HW transcoding to work 😏

As far as I can tell, I did all the recommendations in the various threats, but when I play a .mkv I don't see my HW is being used.

What I did so far:

1. I am using an Intel CPU with QuickSync support
  2. Added the following to my go file using the CA Config File editor and rebooted Unraid
    • modprobe i915
    • chmod -R 777 /dev/dri
  3. Added --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri to the extra parameters of the Jellyfin docker
  4. Enabled HW transcoding, using VAAPI and restarted Jellyfin
  5. When I hit the command /dev/dri I can access the folder (both from the server Terminal aswell in the Jellyfin _Console)
  6. When I hit the command in the Jellyfin _Console for a HW transcode (thanks @sir_storealot), I see it starts using the HW transcoder using the Intel GPU tools
  7. Even updated from Unraid 6.8.0 to Unraid 6.9.0 b35,rebooted the server, and hit the command to enable i915 support and did steps 5 and 6 again

When I however start playing the same .mkv from the web-browser or the Android app of Jellyfin, it only uses my CPU and shows 'Direct Play'. When I look at the Intel GPU tools, it is also only using the CPU instead of the engine.

Sorry for the details, but wanted to show what I did and not just gave up the first time it didn't work...

Any suggestions what I am missing here?

Have you or anyone else figured out HW transcoding for 10th gen intel CPUs?

I followed all of the above steps and it still doesn't work. Looking at the thread history, I am not the only one :)

EDIT:

I tried the ich777 jellyfin docker, and it worked without problems :)

Edited by kilonde
updated with solution