[Support] Linuxserver.io - Jellyfin

Hello all...

Like many of you I have been trying to get HW transcoding up and running but playback fails with 

'

[ERR] [104] Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request: Could not find file '/config/data/transcodes/a415......(long file path would continue on here)

'

I can see that the nvidia drivers are loaded inside of the docker... The next thing on my list of things to try is setting up the OpenCL Device... But in trying to find that out in over 6h of videos and posts... I cant narrow that down or even if this is the cause of the problem... I also did read in a post that opencl is going away soon in favor of coda? is that right?

OpenCL Device:

This is the OpenCL device that is used for tonemapping. The left side of the dot is the platform number, and the right side is the device number on the platform. The default value is 0.0. The ffmpeg application file containing the OpenCL hardware acceleration method is required.

Again thank you for any assistance... I didnt want to admit defeat and ask for help... 

Edited by mathomas3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My transcoding is no longer working. I had a cache drive error a few days ago, and since fixing it,  when i play a video with transcode on, it is distorted. If i play a video in Plex with transcode on, it works as expected. 

When i play a video in Jellyfin, with transcode on, Nvidia is not recognizing it. I dont see it in gpu statistics, and i dont see it running in the terminal either. 

I have done a fresh install of Jellyfin, with the same results. I have done a fresh install of my nvidia driver with the latest version, and same results. Rebooted my server several times.

I am on unraid 6.9.2 and my driver version is 510.47.03

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Friends,

I'm a new UnRAID user, slowly learning "the way of the land" of home servers, and UnRAID 6.9.2 in particular.

I would like to install Jellyfin on my UnRAID server and use it alongside Nginx proxy manager for better protection.

I installed jc21's Nginx-Proxy-Manager-Official app from UnRAID's community apps store.

I also installed linuxserver's Jellyfin app.

I managed to setup the Jellyfin docker app and it's running using http port 8096, but I can't figure out how to configure it to work with Nginx using https port 8920.

These are the steps I took so far:

Using Cloudflare I created a CNAME subdomain media.[mydomain.com].

Next, I logged into the Nginx web client and added the following proxy host:

Domain name: media.[mydomain.com].

Scheme: http

Forward Hostname / IP: [my local UnRAID server IP address]

Forward Port: 8920 (as I setup in the jellyfin docker app installation for https).
    I turned on: cache assets, block common exploits and websockets support.

Under SSL, I created a new SSL certificate with Let's Encrypt and turned on: Force SSL and HTTP/2 Support.

After this Nginx is now showing the host subdomain status as "online" with Let's Encrypt SSL.

However, I am unsure how to continue to set up the SSL certificate under Jellyfin Dashboard->Networking.

I found this explanation on the Jellyfin documentation: https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/networking/nginx.html , but I'm not sure it's relevant to the Nginx docker app I installed, because I am using the web client and I don't have the following folder on my server: /etc/nginx/conf.d. Which means I cannot create the jellyfin.conf file they described.

Is anyone familiar with a tutorial to setup jellyfin's HTTPS remote access?

Hope someone can help 🙏

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/3/2022 at 6:32 PM, dollabillz said:

Did a fresh install jellyfin and there is no place for me to enter in the GPU UUID. Did it get removed for some reason?

All I had to do to use my nvidia card was add

--gpus all

in the extra parameters. The other variables are handled by the docker image. You don't need them anymore.

To test if it works, open the unraid terminal and run this command:

docker exec -it jellyfin nvidia-smi

Edited by ontarian_frog
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to change the tab name from "Jellyfin". Found a guide where you edit a .js file in */jellyfin/web but there is no /web under /mnt/user/appdata/jellyfin

So I looked at the log of the jellyfin docker: 

[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Main: Environment Variables: ["[JELLYFIN_LOG_DIR, /config/log]", "[JELLYFIN_CACHE_DIR, /config/cache]", "[JELLYFIN_CONFIG_DIR, /config]", "[JELLYFIN_DATA_DIR, /config/data]"]
[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Main: Arguments: ["/usr/lib/jellyfin/bin/jellyfin.dll", "--ffmpeg=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg", "--webdir=/usr/share/jellyfin/web"]
[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Main: Program data path: /config/data
[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Main: Web resources path: /usr/share/jellyfin/web
[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Main: Application directory: /usr/lib/jellyfin/bin/
[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Emby.Server.Implementations.AppBase.BaseConfigurationManager: Setting cache path: /config/cache

But those paths doesn't exist  
/config doesn't exist

/usr/lib/jellyfin doesn't exist

/usr/share/jellyfin doesn't exist. 

Where do I find the */jellyfin/web directory? 

I guess it's because it's a docker and I have to enter "the docker's closed system" first somehow? Or do I have to rebuild a docker from scratch to make changes to files belonging to the application that is "docker'd"?

Edit: Alternatively straight to what I want to end up with:
- How do I change what's shown in the browser tab for people who visit my site?
- How do I change this icon?

Edited by tshorts
  • 3 weeks later...

Anytime I try and turn on HW transcending jellyfin goes to shit and get these errors in logs

[14:27:20] [ERR] [49] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Codec Type attachment unknown. The stream (index: 8) will be ignored. Warning: Subsequential streams will have a wrong stream specifier!
[14:27:20] [ERR] [49] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Codec Type attachment unknown. The stream (index: 9) will be ignored. Warning: Subsequential streams will have a wrong stream specifier!
[14:27:20] [ERR] [49] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Codec Type attachment unknown. The stream (index: 10) will be ignored. Warning: Subsequential streams will have a wrong stream specifier!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm migrating Jellyfin from my Synology DS918+ (Intel Celeron J3455, Apollo Lake) to a new Server (Intel i3-9100).

HW transcoding is working fine, VPP tone mapping for HDR10 files seems to work as well for both QuickSync and VAAPI. However, I can't get the "regular" tone mapping to work. Interestingly, on my Synology HDR tone mapping seems to work for the same files.

In Unraid the pop up error is: "This client isn't compatible with the media and the server isn't sending a compatible media format."

And the log seems a bit cryptic to me:

Spoiler
[09:02:34] [INF] [61] Jellyfin.Api.Helpers.MediaInfoHelper: User policy for root. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
[09:02:34] [INF] [61] Jellyfin.Api.Helpers.MediaInfoHelper: StreamBuilder.BuildVideoItem( Profile=Anonymous Profile, Path=/data/tvshows/VIDEOFILE.mkv, AudioStreamIndex=null, SubtitleStreamIndex=null ) => ( PlayMethod=Transcode, TranscodeReason=VideoCodecNotSupported ) media:/videos/80a1a2ee-e5b1-8849-15a8-76422f61c3c2/master.m3u8?MediaSourceId=80a1a2eee5b1884915a876422f61c3c2&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac,mp3&AudioStreamIndex=1&VideoBitrate=139616000&AudioBitrate=384000&MaxFramerate=23.976025&api_key=<token>&SubtitleMethod=Encode&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=2&RequireAvc=false&Tag=3d052b5de4216ff20da92c6ba0bacea0&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=1&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&hevc-level=150&hevc-videobitdepth=10&hevc-profile=main10&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline&h264-rangetype=SDR&h264-level=52&h264-deinterlace=true&TranscodeReasons=VideoCodecNotSupported
[09:02:34] [INF] [32] Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.DynamicHlsController: Current HLS implementation doesn't support non-keyframe breaks but one is requested, ignoring that request
[09:02:34] [INF] [32] Jellyfin.Api.Helpers.TranscodingJobHelper: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -analyzeduration 200M -init_hw_device vaapi=va:,driver=iHD,kernel_driver=i915 -init_hw_device qsv=qs@va -init_hw_device opencl=ocl@va -filter_hw_device qs -hwaccel vaapi -hwaccel_output_format vaapi -autorotate 0 -i file:"/data/tvshows/VIDEOFILE.mkv" -autoscale 0 -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_qsv -async_depth 1 -preset 7 -look_ahead 0 -b:v 27328295 -maxrate 27328295 -bufsize 54656590 -profile:v:0 high -level 51 -g:v:0 72 -keyint_min:v:0 72 -vf "setparams=color_primaries=bt2020:color_trc=smpte2084:colorspace=bt2020nc,hwmap=derive_device=opencl,tonemap_opencl=format=nv12:p=bt709:t=bt709:m=bt709:tonemap=bt2390:peak=100:desat=0,hwmap=derive_device=qsv:reverse=1:extra_hw_frames=16,format=qsv" -codec:a:0 libfdk_aac -ac 2 -ab 384000 -af "volume=2" -copyts -avoid_negative_ts disabled -max_muxing_queue_size 2048 -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -hls_time 3 -hls_segment_type mpegts -start_number 0 -hls_segment_filename "/config/data/transcodes/22fd25d47d09695e24ef966a984c7488%d.ts" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/config/data/transcodes/22fd25d47d09695e24ef966a984c7488.m3u8"
[09:02:34] [ERR] [32] Jellyfin.Api.Helpers.TranscodingJobHelper: FFmpeg exited with code 1
[09:02:34] [ERR] [32] Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request. URL GET /videos/80a1a2ee-e5b1-8849-15a8-76422f61c3c2/hls1/main/0.ts.
MediaBrowser.Common.FfmpegException: FFmpeg exited with code 1
   at Jellyfin.Api.Helpers.TranscodingJobHelper.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, String commandLineArguments, HttpRequest request, TranscodingJobType transcodingJobType, CancellationTokenSource cancellationTokenSource, String workingDirectory)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.DynamicHlsController.GetDynamicSegment(StreamingRequestDto streamingRequest, Int32 segmentId)
   at Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.DynamicHlsController.GetHlsVideoSegment(Guid itemId, String playlistId, Int32 segmentId, String container, Int64 runtimeTicks, Int64 actualSegmentLengthTicks, Nullable`1 static, String params, String tag, String deviceProfileId, String playSessionId, String segmentContainer, Nullable`1 segmentLength, Nullable`1 minSegments, String mediaSourceId, String deviceId, String audioCodec, Nullable`1 enableAutoStreamCopy, Nullable`1 allowVideoStreamCopy, Nullable`1 allowAudioStreamCopy, Nullable`1 breakOnNonKeyFrames, Nullable`1 audioSampleRate, Nullable`1 maxAudioBitDepth, Nullable`1 audioBitRate, Nullable`1 audioChannels, Nullable`1 maxAudioChannels, String profile, String level, Nullable`1 framerate, Nullable`1 maxFramerate, Nullable`1 copyTimestamps, Nullable`1 startTimeTicks, Nullable`1 width, Nullable`1 height, Nullable`1 maxWidth, Nullable`1 maxHeight, Nullable`1 videoBitRate, Nullable`1 subtitleStreamIndex, Nullable`1 subtitleMethod, Nullable`1 maxRefFrames, Nullable`1 maxVideoBitDepth, Nullable`1 requireAvc, Nullable`1 deInterlace, Nullable`1 requireNonAnamorphic, Nullable`1 transcodingMaxAudioChannels, Nullable`1 cpuCoreLimit, String liveStreamId, Nullable`1 enableMpegtsM2TsMode, String videoCodec, String subtitleCodec, String transcodeReasons, Nullable`1 audioStreamIndex, Nullable`1 videoStreamIndex, Nullable`1 context, Dictionary`2 streamOptions)
   at lambda_method900(Closure , Object )
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.TaskOfActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionMethodAsync>g__Awaited|12_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, ValueTask`1 actionResultValueTask)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeNextActionFilterAsync>g__Awaited|10_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeInnerFilterAsync>g__Awaited|13_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeNextResourceFilter>g__Awaited|25_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeFilterPipelineAsync>g__Awaited|20_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware.<Invoke>g__AwaitRequestTask|6_0(Endpoint endpoint, Task requestTask, ILogger logger)
   at Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ServerStartupMessageMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, IServerApplicationHost serverApplicationHost, ILocalizationManager localizationManager)
   at Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.WebSocketHandlerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, IWebSocketManager webSocketManager)
   at Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.IpBasedAccessValidationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, INetworkManager networkManager)
   at Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.LanFilteringMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, INetworkManager networkManager, IServerConfigurationManager serverConfigurationManager)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.Policy.AuthorizationMiddlewareResultHandler.HandleAsync(RequestDelegate next, HttpContext context, AuthorizationPolicy policy, PolicyAuthorizationResult authorizeResult)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.AuthorizationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.QueryStringDecodingMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.ReDoc.ReDocMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.SwaggerUI.SwaggerUIMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.Swagger.SwaggerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, ISwaggerProvider swaggerProvider)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.RobotsRedirectionMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.LegacyEmbyRouteRewriteMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.ResponseCompression.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.InvokeCore(HttpContext context)
   at Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ResponseTimeMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, IServerConfigurationManager serverConfigurationManager)
   at Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)

Do you guys have any idea what the issue might be?

Edit:

I still don't know what the issue was, but everything works fine with the official Jellyfin Docker, so no need to try to troubleshoot here.

Edited by qwerty-no
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So as mentioned above, the solution to the Hardware Transcoding (nvidia) is to place "--gpus all" in the Extra Parameters section where a lot of other containers require you to place "--runtime=nvidia".

1. Click on Docker Container and Select Edit
  2. Top Right select Advanced View
  3. In the Extra Parameters text box, place the following text (below) and select Done to rebuild container.
--gpus all
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Has any of you here using jellyfin DLNA server running on unraid and successfully able to cast files and play on a OPPO-203 client?

I have jellyfin installed and running on my unraid server (network type = Host) with DLNA server enabled and running. My OPPO-203 can see the jellyfin server. I can browse media files from OPPO and play on TV. However, from my iphone/ipad jellyfin app when I select "Play On OPPO UDP-203 - DLNA",  TV screen blinks for a second and goes right back to OPPO main screen. On my app it seems to indicate the file is playing on OPPO (media file play counter is running). I don't have any other media servers running on unraid. (removed plex to avoid conficts with jellyfin)

Jellyfin logs looks like below ..

[2023-04-15 10:47:01.267 -07:00] [WRN] [25] Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ResponseTimeMiddleware: Slow HTTP Response from "http://192.168.1.124:8096/Items/86c47676656d944e2cf7da78d3b5453d/ThemeMedia?userId=efb2c5dbab6d4db843db43bcf0f60cf4&InheritFromParent=true" to "192.168.1.65" in 0:00:00.7363923 with Status Code 200
[2023-04-15 10:47:18.249 -07:00] [INF] [36] Emby.Dlna.Main.DlnaEntryPoint: StreamBuilder.BuildVideoItem( Profile="OPPO UDP-203", Path="/data1/movie1/movie1.mp4", AudioStreamIndex=1, SubtitleStreamIndex=-1 ) => ( PlayMethod=DirectPlay, TranscodeReason=0 ) "media:/videos/86c47676-656d-944e-2cf7-da78d3b5453d/stream.mov?MediaSourceId=86c47676656d944e2cf7da78d3b5453d&Static=true&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac&AudioStreamIndex=1&api_key=<token>&SubtitleMethod=Encode&Tag=2828a26b37e4dd9c471a4b6068aa8c3c"
[2023-04-15 10:47:18.362 -07:00] [WRN] [25] Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ResponseTimeMiddleware: Slow HTTP Response from "http://192.168.1.124:8096/Sessions/134d3f96ecea13cb5e03b08bc84741b8/Playing?ItemIds=86c47676656d944e2cf7da78d3b5453d&PlayCommand=PlayNow&MediaSourceId=86c47676656d944e2cf7da78d3b5453d&AudioStreamIndex=1&SubtitleStreamIndex=-1" to "192.168.1.65" in 0:00:00.8787309 with Status Code 204

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 2:18 AM, METAL13 said:

So as mentioned above, the solution to the Hardware Transcoding (nvidia) is to place "--gpus all" in the Extra Parameters section where a lot of other containers require you to place "--runtime=nvidia".

1. Click on Docker Container and Select Edit
  2. Top Right select Advanced View
  3. In the Extra Parameters text box, place the following text (below) and select Done to rebuild container.
--gpus all

Not working for me. Unfortunatelly. 😞

Hi all, hoping someone can help me stop bashing my head against a brick wall with this -

I'm trying to pass through an Arc A380 into the jellyfin docker for hardware transcoding. 

For reference I'm using a custom kernel by thor (6.5.0-rc1-thor-Unraid+) to enable the baseline arc support.

I have intel gpu top addon installed and by all measures I know with my limited knowledge it appears to be loading the driver and the device.

root@Asgard:/# sudo lshw -c video
  *-display                 
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: DG2 [Arc A380]
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
       version: 05
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pciexpress msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:55 memory:fa000000-faffffff memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:c0000-dffff

root@Asgard:~# dmesg | grep i915
[   24.719785] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] VT-d active for gfx access
[   24.722270] i915 0000:03:00.0: vgaarb: deactivate vga console
[   24.722312] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] Can't resize LMEM BAR - platform support is missing
[   24.722354] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] Local memory IO size: 0x0000000010000000
[   24.722366] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] Local memory available: 0x000000017c800000
[   24.722375] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] Using a reduced BAR size of 256MiB. Consider enabling 'Resizable BAR' or similar, if available in the BIOS.
[   24.737419] i915 0000:03:00.0: vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=io+mem
[   24.737849] i915 0000:03:00.0: Direct firmware load for i915/dg2_dmc_ver2_08.bin failed with error -2
[   24.737857] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] Failed to load DMC firmware i915/dg2_dmc_ver2_08.bin. Disabling runtime power management.
[   24.737861] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] DMC firmware homepage: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/i915
[   24.745353] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] *ERROR* GT0: HuC firmware i915/dg2_huc_gsc.bin: fetch failed -ENOENT
[   24.745362] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] GT0: HuC firmware(s) can be downloaded from https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/i915
[   24.772982] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] GT0: GuC firmware i915/dg2_guc_70.bin version 70.5.1
[   26.009003] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] GT0: GUC: excessive init time: 1203ms! [freq = 2400MHz, before = 2400MHz, status = 0x8002F034, count = 1, ret = 0]
[   26.031089] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] GT0: GUC: submission enabled
[   26.031100] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] GT0: GUC: SLPC enabled
[   26.033750] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] GT0: GUC: RC enabled
[   26.267162] [drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20201103 for 0000:03:00.0 on minor 0
[   26.276509] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes
[   26.276670] i915 0000:03:00.0: [drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes
[   26.290812] mei_gsc i915.mei-gscfi.768: FW not ready: resetting: dev_state = 2 pxp = 0
[   26.290837] mei_gsc i915.mei-gscfi.768: unexpected reset: dev_state = ENABLED fw status = 00000345 84670000 00000000 00000000 E0020002 00000000
[   26.291564] mei_gsc i915.mei-gsc.768: FW not ready: resetting: dev_state = 2 pxp = 2
[   26.291589] mei_gsc i915.mei-gsc.768: unexpected reset: dev_state = ENABLED fw status = 00000345 84670000 00000000 00000000 E0020002 00000000
root@Asgard:~# getent group render | cut -d: -f3

root@Asgard:~# getent group video | cut -d: -f3
root@Asgard:~# getent group input | cut -d: -f3

I have then passed the device into the container using 

--device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri

root@Asgard:~# docker exec -it jellyfin /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/vainfo
Trying display: drm
libva info: VA-API version 1.18.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/lib/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_18
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 1.18 (libva 2.18.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel iHD driver for Intel(R) Gen Graphics - 23.2.3 (8d3be84)
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointVideoProc
      VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointStats
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointEncPicture
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileVP9Profile0            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP9Profile1            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP9Profile2            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP9Profile3            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain12             : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain422_10         : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain422_12         : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain444            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain444            : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileHEVCMain444_10         : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain444_10         : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileHEVCMain444_12         : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCSccMain            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCSccMain            : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileHEVCSccMain10          : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCSccMain10          : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileHEVCSccMain444         : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCSccMain444         : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileAV1Profile0            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileAV1Profile0            : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileHEVCSccMain444_10      : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCSccMain444_10      : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP

I've tried both QuickSync and VA-API within the jellyfin dashboard

Jellyfin log -

https://pastebin.com/8A0Rfy8j

What am I missing 🥲

• 4 weeks later...

I just had an issue where Jellyfin on custom network would not start with error that port was already in use, after a lot of trying different things, I figured out that it was conflicting with itself. This started after some update.

In the configuration, it had both a field named "Webui - HTTPS:" and one named "WebUI (HTTPS) [optional]:" that was both set to 8920. I changed the last one to something else and it then started up fine.

Is this an issue with that its an older docker that has been updated as its basically the same name, or is it an issue with the docker itself?

EDIT: I just noticed my Docker is not the linuxserver one, opsie.

Edited by Mihle

I would like to make a feature request.

I've been running kodi for 20 years (xbmc prior) and i've been looking for a replacement for the last 5 or 6 years due to several reasons. However, the only thing that kept me from changing is the rar suppprt.

My feature request thereby is to include rar2fs as an option directly in the Jellyfin docker container.

Or is there another way to go about this?