[Support] Linuxserver.io - Jellyfin

Hey,

I did not. I backed up then deleted jellyfin in my appdata, then search for and installed jellyfin from CA.

But I got that figured out, the full library scan wasn't adding anything. But running a scan on each library individually did the trick.

Now I am back to square 1 though. I began this because jellyfin randomly started using up all my system RAM. Now i have a fresh install, re-added libraries, scanned everything in, and my rig is using 93% of the RAM. This was never an issue until the last 3 weeks maybe? She usually only runs at about 72% of my meagre 8GB.

Edited by 7hr08ik

Been messing with it. And it would seem to me that plugins are now using more RAM, during Library Scans.

When jellyfin updated to 10.6.0 I began having issues running out RAM. With me doing nothing to my setup, besides updating Jellyfin.

I started taking out plugins, and now my RAM usage is under control (or atleast so far it is)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 8:22 PM, scud133b said:

Resolved: For now, you have to choose "VA API" as the transcoder and NOT Intel Quick Sync Video. Totally confusing and frustrating but VA API definitely works. I confirmed it is hitting QSV with the Intel GPU Tools container.

Thanks for this! I was tearing my hair out because QSV decoding was just not working. That is, until you saw your post and changed it to "VAAPI". Then it worked perfectly.

34 minutes ago, thering1975 said:

Hi

Not sure if i am being a complete tool, but trying to setup the SSL and get to the bit where it states " Goto Dashboard - Network and set Secure settings mode dropdown to -handled by proxy"

Thing is, for the life of me i cannot see that option anywhere in the settings panel via webui.

You don't see the network settings if you go to the server settings?

Edited by saarg
5 minutes ago, saarg said:

You don't see the network settings if you go to the server settings?

I see network settings what i do not see is what is quoted in the JF Wiki the dropdown for setting the ssl to be handled by reverse proxy

From the wiki

and make sure HTTP Port number is 8096, while HTTPS port number is 8920. Then, click the "Secure Connection Mode" dropdown, and select "Handled by reverse proxy

Edited by thering1975
6 hours ago, thering1975 said:

See below, interestingly i fired up an Emby instance and that setting is there in Emby, just not in JF

I have Emby setup perfectly with reverse proxy so i am all good now and this is now just for info

screencapture-192-168-1-29-9823-web-index-html-2020-08-16-16_33_58.png

They have probably changed stuff, but forgot to change it in the wiki. I have not tested it here, just know it from emby.

• Like 1

Just for info, you were right that option was no longer needed and it is the wiki out of date.

Just mimicked the principal of the LE config for Emby to Jellyfin, only thing that needed changing was the public https port to 443  in the dashboard and boom, reverse proxy working fine and JF running under ssl on the subdomain.

Edited by thering1975

I'm planning a new server build, and would like to use Intel QSV for Jellyfin transcoding so I can buy a less-powerful CPU.  I see the option in the docker template, and it seems that Jellyfin supports QSV.  However, I'd like to confirm that it isn't buggy or overly-complex to set-up (I'm not looking to try experimental or temperamental features).  However, my current CPU/Mobo doesn't support IOMMU (i7-4790k doesn't support Vt-d), and my other desktop is AMD.

Can anyone confirm QSV transcoding works in the with the Jellyfin Docker?  Is it relatively straight-forward to set up (using available hardware passthrough guides).

Thanks!

On 8/25/2020 at 9:41 PM, C4RBON said:

I'm planning a new server build, and would like to use Intel QSV for Jellyfin transcoding so I can buy a less-powerful CPU.  I see the option in the docker template, and it seems that Jellyfin supports QSV.  However, I'd like to confirm that it isn't buggy or overly-complex to set-up (I'm not looking to try experimental or temperamental features).  However, my current CPU/Mobo doesn't support IOMMU (i7-4790k doesn't support Vt-d), and my other desktop is AMD.

Can anyone confirm QSV transcoding works in the with the Jellyfin Docker?  Is it relatively straight-forward to set up (using available hardware passthrough guides).

Thanks!

You need only look a few posts up:

Edited by Phoenix Down

I've looked through this forum and followed the Instructions, but I am having no luck with getting hardware acceleration to work for my Intel iGPU. 

The go file has been edited, saved & UNRAID restarted. The parameters in advanced view Extra Parameters has been added. Hardware acceleration has been set to VAAPI as people have more luck with that.

DirectPlay is fine, but whenever there are subtitles and the video has to be transcoded, I get a black screen on Safari & a playback error on Windows Chrome. 

I later plugged in a dummy HDMI plug into my Server motherboard to see if that would help but that doesn’t either. 

Using i5-10400 CPU

Any Help Appeciated, Thanks!

Edit: The log says this

"Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error). Device creation failed: -5. Failed to set value 'qsv=hw' for option 'init_hw_device': Input/output error Error parsing global options: Input/output error"

help2.PNG

help3.PNG

help1.PNG

Edited by Azeemotron
Wrong Image Uploaded
17 hours ago, Azeemotron said:

I've looked through this forum and followed the Instructions, but I am having no luck with getting hardware acceleration to work for my Intel iGPU. 

The go file has been edited, saved & UNRAID restarted. The parameters in advanced view Extra Parameters has been added. Hardware acceleration has been set to VAAPI as people have more luck with that.

DirectPlay is fine, but whenever there are subtitles and the video has to be transcoded, I get a black screen on Safari & a playback error on Windows Chrome. 

I later plugged in a dummy HDMI plug into my Server motherboard to see if that would help but that doesn’t either. 

Using i5-10400 CPU

Any Help Appeciated, Thanks!

Edit: The log says this

"Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error). Device creation failed: -5. Failed to set value 'qsv=hw' for option 'init_hw_device': Input/output error Error parsing global options: Input/output error"

help2.PNG

help3.PNG

help1.PNG

Doesn't look like you have followed the instructions posted on the forum about using the igpu. You are missing to change permissions on /dev/dri.

10 hours ago, saarg said:

Doesn't look like you have followed the instructions posted on the forum about using the igpu. You are missing to change permissions on /dev/dri.

I'm sorry but I am missing something, I can't seem to understand what it is you refer to? /dev/dri is written in a few places. How / Where do I change permissions on /dev/dri?

I also heard that Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake no longer supports VAAPI, not sure if that's true or not.

36 minutes ago, Azeemotron said:

I'm sorry but I am missing something, I can't seem to understand what it is you refer to? /dev/dri is written in a few places. How / Where do I change permissions on /dev/dri?

I also heard that Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake no longer supports VAAPI, not sure if that's true or not.

Works on my 9th gen Coffee Lake, and my understanding is that there is no change to QSV in 10th gen.

What is the output when you run this in the terminal?

ls -l /dev/dri

4 hours ago, Azeemotron said:

Here is my go file entry

# start Intel GPU for Jellyfish
modprobe i915
chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

14 hours ago, Phoenix Down said:

On mine, both "card0" and "renderD128" are owned by root/video. Try changing the owner and group of "renderD128" to match.

grsgs.PNG.d62fff912568571366aa44d0510f16ac.PNG

I changed them, but the Issue still seems prevalent. I'm not sure entirely, I think the error message on Jellyfin clients are a little different now. But it's still a playback error. When I run the same film but with DirectPlay or Transcoding (with Hardware Acceleration Off) It plays fine at the expense of the CPU. But if Hardware Acceleration is on and requires transcoding, no luck. 

bndf.PNG.6d897fd3a58002b24b3744e4df64fd99.PNG

11 hours ago, dalben said:

Here is my go file entry

# start Intel GPU for Jellyfish
modprobe i915
chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

Thank You for sharing. I changed mine to match yours, saved it. Restarted the Server, but the Issue still persists unfortunately. 

Jellyfin Log still shows the following at the end:

"Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error). Device creation failed: -5. Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': Input/output error Error parsing global options: Input/output error"

In my first original post, the error was like this, slightly different if that means anything to anyone:

Edited by Azeemotron
Added Log Error