[Support] Linuxserver.io - Jellyfin

7 hours ago, Azeemotron said:

grsgs.PNG.d62fff912568571366aa44d0510f16ac.PNG

I changed them, but the Issue still seems prevalent. I'm not sure entirely, I think the error message on Jellyfin clients are a little different now. But it's still a playback error. When I run the same film but with DirectPlay or Transcoding (with Hardware Acceleration Off) It plays fine at the expense of the CPU. But if Hardware Acceleration is on and requires transcoding, no luck. 

bndf.PNG.6d897fd3a58002b24b3744e4df64fd99.PNG

Thank You for sharing. I changed mine to match yours, saved it. Restarted the Server, but the Issue still persists unfortunately. 

Jellyfin Log still shows the following at the end:

"Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error). Device creation failed: -5. Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': Input/output error Error parsing global options: Input/output error"

In my first original post, the error was like this, slightly different if that means anything to anyone:

"Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error). Device creation failed: -5. Failed to set value 'qsv=hw' for option 'init_hw_device': Input/output error Error parsing global options: Input/output error"

What format is your video file in? Have you tried a different video file to see if anything changes?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

with my jellyfin docker the daily scheduled scan of all libraries fails.

Connection timed out at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts) at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, HttpMethod httpMethod) at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, HttpMethod httpMethod) at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveImage(BaseItem item, String url, ImageType type, Nullable`1 imageIndex, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ConvertImageToLocal(BaseItem item, ItemImageInfo image, Int32 imageIndex) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.UpdateImages(BaseItem item, Boolean forceUpdate) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(IList`1 children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(IList`1 children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(IList`1 children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.AggregateFolder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

I don't know why the connection should time out. All other internet related things like TMDB working normal.

Hi! Having a transcoding problem as well, not sure where the issue lies so dumping all the info I have here and hoping it's enough for some help!

I have an Intel iGPU that I pass through to my container, have updated the Unraid go file to persist its access and permissions, and set Jellyfin with Intel Quick Sync under Hardware Acceleration. Details for that was following this guide:

Here's what happens when I try to play a video..

On the browser side, the video seems to flicker between different aspect ratios and then shows:

'Playback Error This client isn't compatible with the media and the server isn't sending a compatible media format'

with a 'Got It' button which starts the aspect ratio changing over for a few seconds before it shows the message again in a loop.

1012617578_ScreenShot2020-09-22at3_53_28PM.png.9ea361cc7926b73570b17b56416ccb84.png -> Direct Play ->  Playback Error

Looking at the Admin Dashboard, the appropriate device shows initially as 'Transcoding - 8.2 Mbps ts h264 mp3' briefly, then it says 'Direct playing'. I think this change happens at the same rate as the aspect ratio changes above, because it stays at 'Direct playing' until I hit 'Got It' on the screen and then it goes back to briefly showing transcoding -> direct playing -> transcoding..etc.

From the Docker log, it appears that it tries to find a transcode for the file, doesn't see one, and then fails to actually transcode? It know it should transcode, hence the VideoCodecNotSupported flag. When I turn off hardware acceleration, this same video shows 'Transcoding (8.2 fps) - 7.5 Mbps ts h264 mp3' and it does play, but it's pretty stuttery unless I let it sit for a while & don't skip around - hence the attempt to get my GPU to assist here. The only difference in the status is the actual frames per second.

The relevant playback data when not using hardware acceleration shows this:

Playback Info

Play method: Transcode

Transcoding Info

Video codec: H264

Audio codec: MP3

Bitrate: 7.5 Mbps

Transcoding framerate: 9.5 fps

Reason for transcoding: VideoCodecNotSupported

Original Media Info Container : webm

Size: 1.1 GiB

Bitrate: 3.9 Mbps

Video Codec: HEVC Main 10

Video bitrate: 3.6 Mbps

Here's all the relevant items from the log that happen during this process, with names edited out:

[INF] [46] MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.MediaInfoService: User policy for <USERNAME>. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True

[INF] [46] MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.MediaInfoService: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: /media/<FILENAME>.mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True

[INF] [46] MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.MediaInfoService: Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: /media/<FILENAME>.mkv

[INF] [46] MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Hls.DynamicHlsService: Current HLS implementation doesn't support non-keyframe breaks but one is requested, ignoring that request

[INF] [46] MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Hls.DynamicHlsService: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -c:v hevc_qsv -hwaccel qsv -i file:"/media/<FILENAME>.mkv" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_qsv -preset veryfast -look_ahead 0 -b:v 7229912 -maxrate 7229912 -bufsize 14459824 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -g 72 -keyint_min 72 -sc_threshold 0 -vf "vpp_qsv=format=nv12" -start_at_zero -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 320000 -af "volume=2" -copyts -avoid_negative_ts disabled -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -hls_time 3 -individual_header_trailer 0 -hls_segment_type mpegts -start_number 0 -hls_segment_filename "/config/data/transcodes/43cf55cd32b2abfe2eb00d6d5786106c%d.ts" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/config/data/transcodes/43cf55cd32b2abfe2eb00d6d5786106c.m3u8"

[ERR] [28] MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Hls.DynamicHlsService: FFMpeg exited with code 1 

[WRN] [46] MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Hls.DynamicHlsService: cannot serve /config/data/transcodes/43cf55cd32b2abfe2eb00d6d5786106c0.ts as transcoding quit before we got there

[ERR] [46] Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost: Error processing request: Could not find file '/config/data/transcodes/43cf55cd32b2abfe2eb00d6d5786106c0.ts'. URL: http://<DOMAIN>/videos/21c1f876-22e9-93d2-5a02-ca9daf842ae2/hls1/main/0.ts?DeviceId=<ID>&MediaSourceId=21c1f87622e993d25a02ca9daf842ae2&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=mp3,aac&AudioStreamIndex=1&VideoBitrate=139680000&AudioBitrate=320000&PlaySessionId=b402161b60e34acc86cd630b29be674d&SubtitleMethod=Encode&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=2&RequireAvc=false&Tag=f6716333e7838e38320aeac33f5fe67a&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=2&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline,high10&h264-level=51&h264-deinterlace=true&TranscodeReasons=VideoCodecNotSupported&allowVideoStreamCopy=false&allowAudioStreamCopy=false,false

[WRN] [46] Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost: HTTP Response 404 to <INTERNAL_IP> Time (slow): 0:00:02.008838. http://<DOMAIN>/videos/21c1f876-22e9-93d2-5a02-ca9daf842ae2/hls1/main/0.ts?DeviceId=<ID>&MediaSourceId=21c1f87622e993d25a02ca9daf842ae2&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=mp3,aac&AudioStreamIndex=1&VideoBitrate=139680000&AudioBitrate=320000&PlaySessionId=b402161b60e34acc86cd630b29be674d&SubtitleMethod=Encode&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=2&RequireAvc=false&Tag=f6716333e7838e38320aeac33f5fe67a&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=2&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline,high10&h264-level=51&h264-deinterlace=true&TranscodeReasons=VideoCodecNotSupported&allowVideoStreamCopy=false&allowAudioStreamCopy=false,false

[INF] [44] Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Jellyfin Web 10.6.4 playing <DISPLAY FILENAME>. Stopped at 0 ms

Edited by girlengineerhere
14 minutes ago, girlengineerhere said:

Hi! Having a transcoding problem as well, not sure where the issue lies so dumping all the info I have here and hoping it's enough for some help!

I have an Intel iGPU that I pass through to my container, have updated the Unraid go file to persist its access and permissions, and set Jellyfin with Intel Quick Sync under Hardware Acceleration. Details for that was following this guide:

Here's what happens when I try to play a video..

On the browser side, the video seems to flicker between different aspect ratios and then shows:

'Playback Error This client isn't compatible with the media and the server isn't sending a compatible media format'

with a 'Got It' button which starts the aspect ratio changing over for a few seconds before it shows the message again in a loop.

1012617578_ScreenShot2020-09-22at3_53_28PM.png.9ea361cc7926b73570b17b56416ccb84.png -> Direct Play ->  Playback Error

Looking at the Admin Dashboard, the appropriate device shows initially as 'Transcoding - 8.2 Mbps ts h264 mp3' briefly, then it says 'Direct playing'. I think this change happens at the same rate as the aspect ratio changes above, because it stays at 'Direct playing' until I hit 'Got It' on the screen and then it goes back to briefly showing transcoding -> direct playing -> transcoding..etc.

From the Docker log, it appears that it tries to find a transcode for the file, doesn't see one, and then fails to actually transcode? It know it should transcode, hence the VideoCodecNotSupported flag. When I turn off hardware acceleration, this same video shows 'Transcoding (8.2 fps) - 7.5 Mbps ts h264 mp3' and it does play, but it's pretty stuttery unless I let it sit for a while & don't skip around - hence the attempt to get my GPU to assist here. The only difference in the status is the actual frames per second.

The relevant playback data when not using hardware acceleration shows this:

Playback Info

Play method: Transcode

Transcoding Info

Video codec: H264

Audio codec: MP3

Bitrate: 7.5 Mbps

Transcoding framerate: 9.5 fps

Reason for transcoding: VideoCodecNotSupported

Original Media Info Container : webm

Size: 1.1 GiB

Bitrate: 3.9 Mbps

Video Codec: HEVC Main 10

Video bitrate: 3.6 Mbps

Here's all the relevant items from the log that happen during this process, with names edited out:

Try setting Hardware Acceleration to "VAAPI" instead of "Intel Quick Sync".

2 hours ago, girlengineerhere said:

WOW! I can't believe that's all I needed to change.

Thank you, Intel-Gpu-Tools now does show that the GPU is being engaged and the transcoding actually starts now.

Yep, it's super unintuitive. You can also see if transcoding is working by going into your Admin Dashboard. Any streams will show up there, along with transcoding info, if any.

I have an observation and a question I hope can be answered.  I have been using Jellyfin for a few months now and was chromecasting to my tv with no issues.  After doing some reading, I decided to buy a Fire Stick HD and run Jellyfin off of it.  It works great and I really appreciate the application.  Since I started running Jellyfin off of the Fire Stick though, my hard drives in my unraid server never spin down.  I have confirmed this by simply unplugging the Fire Stick and then in a few minutes, the hard drives will indeed spin down.  I figure the problem is that the application never really closes on the Fire Stick and maintains an active connection to the server.  Is there anyway this can be remedied?  Thanks!

42 minutes ago, tater0519 said:

I have an observation and a question I hope can be answered.  I have been using Jellyfin for a few months now and was chromecasting to my tv with no issues.  After doing some reading, I decided to buy a Fire Stick HD and run Jellyfin off of it.  It works great and I really appreciate the application.  Since I started running Jellyfin off of the Fire Stick though, my hard drives in my unraid server never spin down.  I have confirmed this by simply unplugging the Fire Stick and then in a few minutes, the hard drives will indeed spin down.  I figure the problem is that the application never really closes on the Fire Stick and maintains an active connection to the server.  Is there anyway this can be remedied?  Thanks!

Probably doesn't help you, but I don't have this issue with Infuse + Apple TV.

7 hours ago, tater0519 said:

Maybe this can help you (Dynamix Cache Dirs):

Unfortunately, cache_dirs did not help, but thanks for the suggestion.  You can close the app on the fire stick, but that did not allow the drives to spin down either.  Over and over again in the log I get this message.  I have all DLNA related services disabled.  It's been a while, but I moved off of Plex because of a very similar reason.  Plex kept writing to the log file which kept the hard drive from spinning down.  Any thoughts?  I am running a test now to confirm whether the fire stick had anything to do with it, it has been physically disconnected from the TV and from power.  I'll post here in a few whether that allows the drives to spin down or not.

[2020-09-30 17:05:44.610 -05:00] [ERR] [16] Emby.Dlna.Main.DlnaEntryPoint: Error sending socket message from "10.253.0.1" to "239.255.255.250:1900"
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0xFFFFFFFF): Bad value for ai_flags
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBeginSendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress, OverlappedAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginSendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket.SendToAsync(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, IPEndPoint endPoint, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.SendFromSocket(ISocket socket, Byte[] messageData, IPEndPoint destination, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

15 minutes ago, tater0519 said:

Unfortunately, cache_dirs did not help, but thanks for the suggestion.  You can close the app on the fire stick, but that did not allow the drives to spin down either.  Over and over again in the log I get this message.  I have all DLNA related services disabled.  It's been a while, but I moved off of Plex because of a very similar reason.  Plex kept writing to the log file which kept the hard drive from spinning down.  Any thoughts?  I am running a test now to confirm whether the fire stick had anything to do with it, it has been physically disconnected from the TV and from power.  I'll post here in a few whether that allows the drives to spin down or not.

[2020-09-30 17:05:44.610 -05:00] [ERR] [16] Emby.Dlna.Main.DlnaEntryPoint: Error sending socket message from "10.253.0.1" to "239.255.255.250:1900"
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBeginSendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress, OverlappedAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginSendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket.SendToAsync(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, IPEndPoint endPoint, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.SendFromSocket(ISocket socket, Byte[] messageData, IPEndPoint destination, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Do you have no cache drive for your appdata folder? 

Or why do you write your logs directly to disk? 

I don't have a cache drive.  I'm not moving a lot of files around, it's basically a files storage that gets backed up the cloud and Jellyfin.  I've had the fire stick unplugged for about an hour now and the drives have still not spun down and they are set to do so after 15 minutes.  I am going to shutdown the jellyfin app and see if they do after that.

It's definitely the Jellyfin app itself, nothing to do with the fire stick.  Can somebody shed some light on these messages and how to get them to stop?  I think it would be the best place to start

On 9/19/2020 at 8:42 PM, aurevo said:

Hello,

with my jellyfin docker the daily scheduled scan of all libraries fails.

I don't know why the connection should time out. All other internet related things like TMDB working normal.

• I also read in a few Github Issues about problems with OMDB or connection via IPv6.
  • I also tried to disable OMDB on all libraries. No change.
  • IPv6 is disabled on the whole Unraid server.
  • Also tried to add folowing to the docker extra parameters: “–add-host omdbapi.com:104.20.134.15 --add-host www.omdbapi.com:104.20.134.15 --add-host img.omdbapi.com:104.20.134.15 --add-host themoviedb.org:13.249.71.53 --add-host www.themoviedb.org:13.249.71.53 --add-host api.themoviedb.org:13.225.53.99”
  • Tried to reboot docker and host system.

It is sobering to see that I cannot find a solution to this problem.

For a similar reason I switched from plex to jellyfin after years of using it and everything worked fine until the moment the above mentioned bug occured.

jellyfn-log:

[2020-10-07 21:51:24.382 +08:00] [INF] [54] Jellyfin.Api.Helpers.TranscodingJobHelper: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -hwaccel vaapi -hwaccel_output_format vaapi -vaapi_device /dev/dri/renderD128 -i file:"/movies/惩罚者/The.Punisher.2004.惩罚者.双语字幕.HR-HDTV.1024X576.X264-人人影视制作.mkv" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_vaapi  -b:v 292000 -maxrate 292000 -bufsize 584000 -profile:v high -level 41  -force_key_frames:0 "expr:gte(t,0+n_forced*3)" -g 72 -keyint_min 72 -sc_threshold 0 -vf "format=nv12|vaapi,hwupload,scale_vaapi=w=426:h=238:format=nv12" -start_at_zero -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 128000 -ar 48000 -af "volume=2" -copyts -avoid_negative_ts disabled -max_muxing_queue_size 2048 -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -hls_time 3 -individual_header_trailer 0 -hls_segment_type mpegts -start_number 0 -hls_segment_filename "/transcode/176fbbc1c61d3b5880a72c0c436139dd%d.ts" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/transcode/176fbbc1c61d3b5880a72c0c436139dd.m3u8"
[2020-10-07 21:51:24.422 +08:00] [ERR] [54] Jellyfin.Api.Helpers.TranscodingJobHelper: FFMpeg exited with code 1
[2020-10-07 21:51:24.501 +08:00] [WRN] [55] Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.DynamicHlsController: cannot serve "/transcode/176fbbc1c61d3b5880a72c0c436139dd0.ts" as transcoding quit before we got there
[2020-10-07 21:51:24.503 +08:00] [ERR] [55] Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request: "Could not find file '/transcode/176fbbc1c61d3b5880a72c0c436139dd0.ts'". URL "GET" "/videos/624d0f5f-945a-7579-9f1f-2c1c470a3cd6/hls1/main/0.ts".

ffmpeg log:

ffmpeg version 4.3.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-shared --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --enable-libfontconfig --enable-fontconfig --enable-gmp --enable-gnutls --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libdrm --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libzvbi --arch=amd64 --enable-libzimg --enable-opencl --enable-vaapi --enable-amf --enable-libmfx --enable-vdpau --enable-cuda --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-nvenc --enable-nvdec --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-libdav1d
  libavutil      56. 51.100 / 56. 51.100
  libavcodec     58. 91.100 / 58. 91.100
  libavformat    58. 45.100 / 58. 45.100
  libavdevice    58. 10.100 / 58. 10.100
  libavfilter     7. 85.100 /  7. 85.100
  libswscale      5.  7.100 /  5.  7.100
  libswresample   3.  7.100 /  3.  7.100
  libpostproc    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x559c0edad800] libva: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x559c0edad800] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).
Device creation failed: -5.
Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': Input/output error
Error parsing global options: Input/output error

/boot/config/go:

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
modprobe i915
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

CPU:i5 10500 es

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheShadowDuke said:

Any chance of getting AMD drivers working for this?  I have a spare RX570 laying around I could use for transcode and handbrake.

That question needs to be directed at unraid as they have to include the drivers. The container already supports AMD as far as I know.

Hey there!

Unfortunately I also have issues with HW transcoding using Intel 10th Gen (i3-10100).

Unraid Beta 6.9.0-30

[20:35:21] [INF] [1] Main: Jellyfin version: 10.6.4

Unraid go file with modprobe, docker is configured as per instructions and extra parameters

/dev/dri shows up inside the docker:

root@095b9610a70f:/# ls -la /dev/dri
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root                80 Nov  3 20:35 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root               360 Nov  3 20:35 ..
crw-rw---- 1 root videoEhAShCrc 226,   0 Nov  3 20:35 card0
crwxrwxrwx 1 abc  users         226, 128 Nov  3 20:35 renderD128

However, when running hw transcode:

/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -hwaccel vaapi -hwaccel_output_format vaapi -vaapi_device /dev/dri/renderD128 -i file:"/movies/somex256file.mkv" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 h264_vaapi  -b:v 50360234 -maxrate 50360234 -bufsize 100720468 -profile:v high -level 41  -force_key_frames:0 "expr:gte(t,0+n_forced*3)" -g 72 -keyint_min 72 -sc_threshold 0 -vf "format=nv12|vaapi,hwupload,scale_vaapi=format=nv12" -start_at_zero -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 384000 -af "volume=2" -copyts -avoid_negative_ts disabled -f hls -max_delay 5000000 -hls_time 3 -individual_header_trailer 0 -hls_segment_type mpegts -start_number 0 -hls_segment_filename "/config/data/transcodes/d9c483124123a6454888b24ba9949550%d.ts" -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_list_size 0 -y "/config/data/transcodes/d9c483124123a6454888b24ba9949550.m3u8"

ffmpeg version 4.3.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-shared --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --enable-libfontconfig --enable-fontconfig --enable-gmp --enable-gnutls --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libdrm --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libzvbi --arch=amd64 --enable-libzimg --enable-opencl --enable-vaapi --enable-amf --enable-libmfx --enable-vdpau --enable-cuda --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-nvenc --enable-nvdec --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-libdav1d
  libavutil      56. 51.100 / 56. 51.100
  libavcodec     58. 91.100 / 58. 91.100
  libavformat    58. 45.100 / 58. 45.100
  libavdevice    58. 10.100 / 58. 10.100
  libavfilter     7. 85.100 /  7. 85.100
  libswscale      5.  7.100 /  5.  7.100
  libswresample   3.  7.100 /  3.  7.100
  libpostproc    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x5575878157c0] libva: /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x5575878157c0] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).
Device creation failed: -5.
Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': Input/output error
Error parsing global options: Input/output error

I have found some folks with similar errors here, suggesting that a new ffmpeg version might be the fix, but I have no clue how to correctly update ffmpeg inside the docker: LINK

Or perhaps I need to install some non-free intel drivers?!

Any help would be highly welcome - thank you!

Hi,

i am working on moving from synology to unraid. Right now struggeling with Jellyfish and DLNA Server.

Wehen opening DLNA Server on a TV i get a lot of folders like newest, genres and stuff like that. Is there a way to not show them, i just want my folder structure to be displayed

Thanks

I am having issues with "Scan Media Library failed"

Capture.PNG.953625786e0b6c3f495ee1191a4f9057.PNG

The error is as follows

Could not find a part of the path '/config/root/default/Movies'. at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init() at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.DirectoryInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path) at MediaBrowser.Controller.IO.FileData.GetFilteredFileSystemEntries(IDirectoryService directoryService, String path, IFileSystem fileSystem, IServerApplicationHost appHost, ILogger logger, ItemResolveArgs args, Int32 flattenFolderDepth, Boolean resolveShortcuts) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.CreateResolveArgs(IDirectoryService directoryService, Boolean setPhysicalLocations) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.RequiresRefresh() at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RefreshMetadata(BaseItem item, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RefreshChildMetadata(BaseItem child, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, Boolean recursive, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RefreshMetadataRecursive(List`1 children, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, Boolean recursive, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.UserRootFolder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateTopLibraryFolders(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)