[Support] Linuxserver.io - Jellyfin

Hello all...

Like many of you I have been trying to get HW transcoding up and running but playback fails with 

'

[ERR] [104] Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request: Could not find file '/config/data/transcodes/a415......(long file path would continue on here)

'

I can see that the nvidia drivers are loaded inside of the docker... The next thing on my list of things to try is setting up the OpenCL Device... But in trying to find that out in over 6h of videos and posts... I cant narrow that down or even if this is the cause of the problem... I also did read in a post that opencl is going away soon in favor of coda? is that right?

OpenCL Device:

This is the OpenCL device that is used for tonemapping. The left side of the dot is the platform number, and the right side is the device number on the platform. The default value is 0.0. The ffmpeg application file containing the OpenCL hardware acceleration method is required.

Again thank you for any assistance... I didnt want to admit defeat and ask for help... 

Edited by mathomas3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My transcoding is no longer working. I had a cache drive error a few days ago, and since fixing it,  when i play a video with transcode on, it is distorted. If i play a video in Plex with transcode on, it works as expected. 

When i play a video in Jellyfin, with transcode on, Nvidia is not recognizing it. I dont see it in gpu statistics, and i dont see it running in the terminal either. 

I have done a fresh install of Jellyfin, with the same results. I have done a fresh install of my nvidia driver with the latest version, and same results. Rebooted my server several times.

I am on unraid 6.9.2 and my driver version is 510.47.03

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I have my transcoding fixed, but now im getting a new error when watching live tv.

Error Retrieving Content. There was an error retrieving the data for the item from the server.

If i exit jellyfin and launch it again, i can watch the channel again for random periods of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Friends,

I'm a new UnRAID user, slowly learning "the way of the land" of home servers, and UnRAID 6.9.2 in particular.

I would like to install Jellyfin on my UnRAID server and use it alongside Nginx proxy manager for better protection.

I installed jc21's Nginx-Proxy-Manager-Official app from UnRAID's community apps store.

I also installed linuxserver's Jellyfin app.

I managed to setup the Jellyfin docker app and it's running using http port 8096, but I can't figure out how to configure it to work with Nginx using https port 8920.

These are the steps I took so far:

Using Cloudflare I created a CNAME subdomain media.[mydomain.com].

Next, I logged into the Nginx web client and added the following proxy host:

Domain name: media.[mydomain.com].

Scheme: http

Forward Hostname / IP: [my local UnRAID server IP address]

Forward Port: 8920 (as I setup in the jellyfin docker app installation for https).
    I turned on: cache assets, block common exploits and websockets support.

Under SSL, I created a new SSL certificate with Let's Encrypt and turned on: Force SSL and HTTP/2 Support.

After this Nginx is now showing the host subdomain status as "online" with Let's Encrypt SSL.

However, I am unsure how to continue to set up the SSL certificate under Jellyfin Dashboard->Networking.

I found this explanation on the Jellyfin documentation: https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/networking/nginx.html , but I'm not sure it's relevant to the Nginx docker app I installed, because I am using the web client and I don't have the following folder on my server: /etc/nginx/conf.d. Which means I cannot create the jellyfin.conf file they described.

Is anyone familiar with a tutorial to setup jellyfin's HTTPS remote access?

Hope someone can help 🙏

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/3/2022 at 6:32 PM, dollabillz said:

Did a fresh install jellyfin and there is no place for me to enter in the GPU UUID. Did it get removed for some reason?

All I had to do to use my nvidia card was add

--gpus all

in the extra parameters. The other variables are handled by the docker image. You don't need them anymore.

To test if it works, open the unraid terminal and run this command:

docker exec -it jellyfin nvidia-smi

Edited by ontarian_frog
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to change the tab name from "Jellyfin". Found a guide where you edit a .js file in */jellyfin/web but there is no /web under /mnt/user/appdata/jellyfin

So I looked at the log of the jellyfin docker: 

[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Main: Environment Variables: ["[JELLYFIN_LOG_DIR, /config/log]", "[JELLYFIN_CACHE_DIR, /config/cache]", "[JELLYFIN_CONFIG_DIR, /config]", "[JELLYFIN_DATA_DIR, /config/data]"]
[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Main: Arguments: ["/usr/lib/jellyfin/bin/jellyfin.dll", "--ffmpeg=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg", "--webdir=/usr/share/jellyfin/web"]
[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Main: Program data path: /config/data
[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Main: Web resources path: /usr/share/jellyfin/web
[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Main: Application directory: /usr/lib/jellyfin/bin/
[16:43:07] [INF] [1] Emby.Server.Implementations.AppBase.BaseConfigurationManager: Setting cache path: /config/cache

But those paths doesn't exist  
/config doesn't exist

/usr/lib/jellyfin doesn't exist

/usr/share/jellyfin doesn't exist. 

Where do I find the */jellyfin/web directory? 

I guess it's because it's a docker and I have to enter "the docker's closed system" first somehow? Or do I have to rebuild a docker from scratch to make changes to files belonging to the application that is "docker'd"?

Edit: Alternatively straight to what I want to end up with:
- How do I change what's shown in the browser tab for people who visit my site?
- How do I change this icon?

Edited by tshorts