[Support] Linuxserver.io - HAbridge

• 3 months later...

Hi, if i run this with Network Type: Bridge I can connect to my MQTT Server and send messages, but the harmony hub doesn't see the the HABridge

If i run it with  Network Type: Custom br0 192.168.1.20 it is found and connects fine to the harmony hub but wont sent MQTT messages 

image.thumb.png.455a4fd495a1f0f322c71654e8778074.png

7 hours ago, TheBuz said:

Hi, if i run this with Network Type: Bridge I can connect to my MQTT Server and send messages, but the harmony hub doesn't see the the HABridge

If i run it with  Network Type: Custom br0 192.168.1.20 it is found and connects fine to the harmony hub but wont sent MQTT messages 

image.thumb.png.455a4fd495a1f0f322c71654e8778074.png

When you give the container an IP it's the same as doing host networking.

I guess that your MQTT server is a container on unraid? It might be that HA-bridge can't connect to the MQTT server since you choose the custom br0.

Since you want to connect to the harmony hub, you need to set an IP, so I would try to create a new custom bridge and set it for both this container and the MQTT server.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, blueboyscout325 said:

Yes, I had tried that, but I couldn't seem to get the container to start up with the port 80, it kept defaulting back to 8080, probably from a clash with Unraid's webUI using port 80. But I did get it to work for me by changing from bridge to br0 and setting a custom IP address.

There is no defaulting back to port 8080.

And you either have to give the container its own IP or move unraids webui from port 80.

• 9 months later...

Just a heads up, I recently movd to unraid/dockers after a failure of my ubuntu server and used habridge on that without issue (version 5.3.1) - it seems that version 5.4.0 that is the latest habridge (at the time of this post) does not work correctly due to the id's not being the correct length in habridge so Alexa cannot find them and old 'devices' in hadbridge will no longer work.

I went back to the closest version that I could find in the linuxserver/hadbridge that i had on my ubuntu server (used 5.3.0) and habridge is now working with Alexa again.

Cheers

ice.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if someone can answer this for me:

When I change the settings of the network from 'bridge' to 'host' the default port is set to 8080 - I do not see anyway to change this, is this easy to do?

I have modified all the settings of the config for habridge to the ports that I want to use, but modifying the ports in the docker page to install habridge has no effect when choosing to install the docker with a 'host' network configuration.

When it installs, the command is:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='habridge' --net='host' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_50000'='50000' -e 'SEC_KEY'='Your Key To Encrypt Security Data' -e 'TCP_PORT_80'='80' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='022' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/habridge':'/config':'rw' 'lscr.io/linuxserver/habridge:version-v5.3.0'

c87b9a07769ffe3c0e809d8f44889de52009be8c453c33349f7b8aec807cffd5

The command finished successfully!

the port mapping is showing as:

192.168.1.16:8080/TCP <--->192.168.1.16:8080

Thanks

ice.