[Deprecated] Linuxserver.io - Clarkson

linuxserver_medium.thumb.png.c9e905c8f85717e1818f9315768eca8a.png

As off January 19, 2022 this image has been deprecated, read the notice here https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2022-01-19-clarkson/

Application Name: Clarkson

Application Site: https://github.com/linuxserver/Clarkson

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/clarkson/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-clarkson

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Note:  This requires MySQL v5.7.* and is not compatible with MariaDB, this is due to a limitation in flyway.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having issues getting this to work with the MySQL docker image available in the community applications section... I am not new to unraid but I am by no means a pro.  If someone has gotten this app to work with dockers on their unraid setup, a little help would be appreciated...

I keep getting connection refused or something can't recall now... I was able to connect to the mysql setup with MySQL Workbench but Clarkson would fail on docker start no matter what I used for credentials.

Edit:  I have now gotten the 2 to communicate... just can't seem to register the initial account as I am getting a 500 error in the logs.

To fix the first issue was to make sure to use the 5.7.26 tag of the mysql docker

Edit2:  Not sure what the issue was but I nuked everything and started over and got it installed... Thanks anyways as I prob didn't give much time for posts lol

Edited by Repooc

Same issue as user above.

Container config asks for user, but from log output, looks like it's trying w/o password.

ERROR:
Unable to obtain Jdbc connection from DataSource (jdbc:mysql://x.x.x.x) for user 'clarkson': Could not connect: Access denied for user 'clarkson'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: NO)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL State  : 28000
Error Code : 1045
Message    : Could not connect: Access denied for user 'clarkson'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: NO)

I did ensure the user and password were created ahead of time. 

DB created ahead of time.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/19/2020 at 11:33 AM, p.wrangles said:

Hello,

I have got Clarkson started and connected to MySQL database. However Im not able to register for an account. I have enabled registrations, but when I go to register the page just seems to not commit?

I am having the same issue. Did you find the solution?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I did , however it was so long ago I can't remember exactly. However, looking back over my notes, it seems like it was to do with the way I was creating the DB.

Try deleting everything, Then create the DB in MySQL using the below command then install Clarkson. I think it was to do with using CREATE SCHEMA instead of CREATE DATABASE.

CREATE SCHEMA `clarkson`;
CREATE USER 'clarkson' IDENTIFIED BY 'clarkson';
GRANT ALL ON `clarkson`.* TO 'clarkson';

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • linuxserver.io changed the title to [Deprecated] Linuxserver.io - Clarkson