Notifications for failed fans & Fan Naming

I have a fan moving air over my HBAs (2x LSI 9207-8I) to help cool the heatsinks. I would like to see the ability to have a notification sent when a fan quits working i.e. RPMs drop to zero.

I see the dashboard has an Airflow section, but the settings gear for that section just goes to a blank page. So, maybe something like this is in the works already, but I wasn't able to find anything on such a feature.

Furthermore, I would like to see the ability to rename the fans in the dashboard. Being able to rename them to "CPU", "HBA", "Back Case" or something similar would also help in conveying the importance of the notification based on the fan name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This would be interesting... I'm not sure how usefull it would be but it would definitely be interesting. The server I'm building has 7 fans in it, all pwm and all controlled in BIOS to set the speed based on CPU or mainboard temps... It would be interesting to see the dynamic responses to the work the server is doing... And if you paid attention you could adjust your fan curves to control cooling.

• 1 year later...