LSIO are spammers and must be stopped

binhex

37 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

What can I say?  We had a backlog......

you guys need to get out more :-).

37 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

You could always join the dark side...... just saying. :P

love to, but for me its become a game of 'who's going to crack under the support pressure' first 🙂

12 hours ago, binhex said:

you guys need to get out more :-).

love to, but for me its become a game of 'who's going to crack under the support pressure' first 🙂

Oh, you win! I lost it a long time ago in the unifi thread! And again in the letsencrypt thread with the Lua errors! Good thing I'm Norwegian and not American with an arsenal....

And I agree, we should be stopped!

Edited by saarg
  • Haha 1

Oh, you win! I lost it a long time ago in the unifi thread! And again in the letsencrypt thread with the Lua errors! Good thing I'm Norwegian and not American with an arsenal....

I almost called you Sparkly after your bleep post in LE Lol

Sent via telekinesis

You're making me feel much better about my grumpy posts on my support threads, which I nearly always regret after posting

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, binhex said:

You're making me feel much better about my grumpy posts on my support threads, which I nearly always regret after posting emoji16.png

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Haha. Good that I at least made you feel better.

I don't think people can begin to understand the frustrations of support.  Things that just annoy me, not necessarily here, also Github & Discord.

1.  Not performing any sort of rudimentary search to see if the issue has already been noted/solved.

2.  Not including any sort of docker run command

3.  Not including logs

4.  Ignoring repeated requests to do any of the above.

5.  Posts that say "This is broken for me" or "Me too" they contribute nothing to help.

6.  Entitlement, not realising we're volunteers, any demand for anything, I do this for free, you can ask, but you can't demand.

7.  Any post that assumes the issue isn't PEBCAK, generally, that is the issue, and even if it isn't, it's a good default position to start from.

8.  Any PM asking me for support that is unsolicited on here or Discord.

9.  Any form of requesting to be spoon fed.  You run a server, you're a server sys-admin, onus is on you to run it, not me.

10.  And the biggest one.  Not reading the documentation.  RTFM!  The amount of times we have to point this out in Discord is quite frankly, ridiculous.

My position now is I'll contribute the reciprocal amount of effort to answer that people put into their request.  If you're too busy to do troubleshooting and post necessary information, I'm too busy to answer.

Golden rule of support:  Include all the information someone needs to try and recreate your issue, if we can't recreate it, it's probably something we can't fix.

I do sometimes regret my more grumpy posts, I forget the people are probably good, pleasant folk, I'm just burnt out by it all.

The thing is, it really is the minority that offend.  We just don't hear from people that happily use containers without issues.  

• Like 1

@CHBMB i agree with all of the above, must say point 5. is the thing that gets under my skin, i get that a LOT especially for vpn containers. im still trying to FAQ the hell out of all the support, but its tricky as people always come up with new and frankly weird ways of configuring things!. 🙂