lotekjunky

Write cache disabled on disk3 after every reboot?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have the Fix Common Problems plugin running. every time I reboot, it tells me that write cahce is disabled on disk3. It's correct, it is disabled... when I enable it via CLI, it reports correctly but falls back to disabled when I reboot. Am I not saving the change properly? Is something else going on?

root@Tower:/mnt/cache# hdparm -W /dev/sdb

/dev/sdb:
 write-caching =  0 (off)

root@Tower:/mnt/cache# hdparm -W 1 /dev/sdb

/dev/sdb:
 setting drive write-caching to 1 (on)
SG_IO: bad/missing sense data, sb[]:  70 00 01 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 00 1d 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
 write-caching =  1 (on)

root@Tower:/mnt/cache# hdparm -W /dev/sdb  

/dev/sdb:
 write-caching =  1 (on)

it's not permanent

see here to "fix"

7 minutes ago, 1812 said:

it's not permanent

see here to "fix"

Fantastic! I was not aware of the user scripts plugin, this is going to make my life a lot easier... thanks a ton!

On a side note, I wish the search function was better on this forum... it would probably cut down on the redundant questions. I tried searching for an answer first but kept striking out so I decided to just ask. Glad I did.

36 minutes ago, lotekjunky said:

Fantastic! I was not aware of the user scripts plugin, this is going to make my life a lot easier... thanks a ton!

On a side note, I wish the search function was better on this forum... it would probably cut down on the redundant questions. I tried searching for an answer first but kept striking out so I decided to just ask. Glad I did.

search function is awful. its much more useful to go to google and use that to search the site.