Upgrading parity drives

I'm running two 5TB 7200 RPM parity drives and want to swap them with two 6TB 5400 RPM drives due to heat issues. What's the recommended route I should take? Is it recommended to replace them both at the same time, or one at a time, if that's even possible? Seems to me that both together would be the best route to take, but I would like some feedback before I do it.

TIA

9 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You can replace both together, but the array would be unprotected until parity has been built on the new drives.   Doing them separately takes longer but keeps the array protected during the process.   You need to decide what matters most - speed or safety.

My real question is...

If I replace one drive (5TB to 6TB) at a time, will the new parity drive(s) be limited to 5TB, or will I get the full 6TB after I install the second drive. I'm not sure how that works, and that's my main concern. I don't want to be stuck with 6TB drives only having access to 5TB.

Just now, ksman75 said:

My real question is...

If I replace one drive (5TB to 6TB) at a time, will the new parity drive(s) be limited to 5TB, or will I get the full 6TB after I install the second drive. I'm not sure how that works, and that's my main concern. I don't want to be stuck with 6TB drives only having access to 5TB.

All of a parity drive is always used - It is the data drives that are limited!   If the parity drives are different sizes then the largest data drive cannot be larger than the smaller parity drive.

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

All of a parity drive is always used - It is the data drives that are limited!   If the parity drives are different sizes then the largest data drive cannot be larger than the smaller parity drive.

Cool! That's all I really needed to know, Safety over Speed any day :)