[Support] ClamAV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there a way I can get Nextcloud to use this docker?

I downloaded the AV app for NC and put in my server IP.

I also used port 3310.

I added a new port to the ClamAV docker.

Set NC to Daemon and unraid IP with port 3310.

Copied some test viruses and nothing, it doesnt even budge!

Am I missing something somewhere?

On 1/27/2020 at 4:10 PM, SavellM said:

Aye I'm aware. But with NextCloud you can add a AV plugin and it scans files as they are uploaded.

I wanted to use this feature but it requires ClamAV, which I am now running in a docker. I've seen some people use the  docker from NC to run these scans but I cant figure it out.

In relation to getting this to work with nextcloud....

If i remove the scan path set will that stop the auto scanning?

Then im setting the path to clamav in nextcloud. Then I plan on setting this path in the nextcloud settings. 

Hope is that clamav instance sits idle until nextcloud activates it to scan uploads?? Just setting this up now so ive no idea if it will work.

I found in the logs of NextCloud it says:

ClamAV module is not in daemon mode.

I made some changes and put ClamAV on the same proxynet as NextCloud and now I'm getting these messages:

Failed to write a chunk. Check if Stream Length matches StreamMaxLength in ClamAV daemon settings

Not Checked. No matching rules. Please check antivirus rules. File: 1070Account: xx Path: /xx/files/Documents/xx/xx.doc

Edited by SavellM
  • 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Aceriz said:

Hey I just found this. So far so great. 

Wondering in the Log file it says

" WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.100.3 Recommended version: 0.102.2"

Anyway to update this? 

Just bumped it to clamav (0.101.5-r0) on dockerhub.

2020-02-25T02:00:33+0000 ClamAV process starting

Updating ClamAV scan DB
LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found - unrar support unavailable
ClamAV update process started at Tue Feb 25 02:00:35 2020
WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.102.1 Recommended version: 0.102.2
DON'T PANIC! Read https://www.clamav.net/documents/upgrading-clamav
daily.cvd database is up to date (version: 25733, sigs: 2194234, f-level: 63, builder: raynman)
main.cvd database is up to date (version: 59, sigs: 4564902, f-level: 60, builder: sigmgr)
bytecode.cvd database is up to date (version: 331, sigs: 94, f-level: 63, builder: anvilleg)

Freshclam updated the DB

ClamAV 0.102.1/25733/Mon Feb 24 14:09:18 2020

Scanning /scan

LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found - unrar support unavailable

What's with the unrar error here?

Thanks a lot for the container, very much appreciated to have a nifty app like this.

Any possibility of adding unRAID warning notifications (which I would then also get through Pushbullet)?

On 1/27/2020 at 6:55 AM, SavellM said:

Is there a way I can get Nextcloud to use this docker?

I downloaded the AV app for NC and put in my server IP.

I also used port 3310.

I added a new port to the ClamAV docker.

Set NC to Daemon and unraid IP with port 3310.

Copied some test viruses and nothing, it doesnt even budge!

Am I missing something somewhere?

Did you end up figuring this out?

I am currently working on trying to set this up as well.   How did you add a new port to the ClamAV docker?

On 1/29/2020 at 5:11 PM, tazire said:

In relation to getting this to work with nextcloud....

If i remove the scan path set will that stop the auto scanning?

Then im setting the path to clamav in nextcloud. Then I plan on setting this path in the nextcloud settings. 

Hope is that clamav instance sits idle until nextcloud activates it to scan uploads?? Just setting this up now so ive no idea if it will work.

Hey did you manage to set this up?  What you describe is what I am hoping to setup

Hello there.

I have instaled clam and it runs for a while but next time I come to look at unraid its stopped.

I have this, is there somethign I need to do?

ClamAV update process started at Sat Feb 29 18:25:58 2020

daily database available for update (local version: 25727, remote version: 25737)

Testing database: '/var/lib/clamav/tmp/clamav-ed47729b10ad292e79249938d2b367bd.tmp-daily.cld' ...
Database test passed.
daily.cld updated (version: 25737, sigs: 2201376, f-level: 63, builder: raynman)

main.cvd database is up to date (version: 59, sigs: 4564902, f-level: 60, builder: sigmgr)

bytecode.cvd database is up to date (version: 331, sigs: 94, f-level: 63, builder: anvilleg)

WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd through /run/clamav/clamd.sock: No such file or directory

Freshclam updated the DB

ClamAV 0.102.1/25737/Sat Feb 29 12:12:46 2020

I am not an expert, there does not appear to be anything in the logs. Does clam shut down if nothing is happening in the folder perhaps?

4 minutes ago, garethsnaim said:

Does clam shut down if nothing is happening in the folder perhaps?

When it starts it scans all the files in whatever you've mapped to /scan and when finished it shuts itself down

Look at this https://forums.unraid.net/topic/80868-support-clamav/?tab=comments#comment-752060 for a script that will start it and display whatever results it finds on a schedule when run via user.scripts plugin.

7 minutes ago, garethsnaim said:

I am not an expert, there does not appear to be anything in the logs. Does clam shut down if nothing is happening in the folder perhaps

It just scans whatever shares you have configured and then stops when the scan is complete. It should also send you an email notification if configured.

The second post in this thread describes how to setup a cron schedule for running the docker scans.

• 2 weeks later...

Do I need to worry about the errors listed in the below?

2020-03-19T17:05:05+0000 ClamAV process starting

Updating ClamAV scan DB
ClamAV update process started at Thu Mar 19 17:05:05 2020
daily database available for update (local version: 25755, remote version: 25756)
Testing database: '/var/lib/clamav/tmp/clamav-f7f0b66ce827844c8f5352135dee0529.tmp-daily.cld' ...
Database test passed.
daily.cld updated (version: 25756, sigs: 2229890, f-level: 63, builder: raynman)
WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd through /run/clamav/clamd.sock: No such file or directory

• 2 months later...

package clamav-libunrar and unrar is missing from the dockerfile, also clamav is out of date as the dockerfile has a specific version installing rather than the latest in the alpine packages.

You can fix (until the maintainer sorts) by:

opening a console

apk update

apk del clamav

apk add clamav

apk add clamav-libunrar

apk add unrar

then restart the container.

Dave