Issues with mover

I had an issue with mover... It wasn't moving anything... searched the forums and someone said change use cache from yes to no then back... That worked... I was looking at the code for the mover script... 

I have one question.. It looks like if I change a share from use cache to don't use cache, it doesn't do anything...

Shouldn't it either delete the share from cache or try to a move on it if there are files on the cache ?  It's a difficult strategy...

My cache drive filled up because mover wasn't doing it's job.. I set my downloads share to be no cache... I was hoping it would just migrate all the cache files off to the array... I even ran the mover manually and it did nothing... 

Am I missing something?

TN

2 hours ago, escapement said:

It looks like if I change a share from use cache to don't use cache, it doesn't do anything...

Shouldn't it either delete the share from cache or try to a move on it if there are files on the cache ?

Correct and by design.  There are a few use cases for that.

17 hours ago, escapement said:

I had an issue with mover... It wasn't moving anything... searched the forums and someone said change use cache from yes to no then back... That worked... I was looking at the code for the mover script... 

I have one question.. It looks like if I change a share from use cache to don't use cache, it doesn't do anything...

Shouldn't it either delete the share from cache or try to a move on it if there are files on the cache ?  It's a difficult strategy...

My cache drive filled up because mover wasn't doing it's job.. I set my downloads share to be no cache... I was hoping it would just migrate all the cache files off to the array... I even ran the mover manually and it did nothing... 

Am I missing something?

TN

If you want to switch things from cache to array-only then set cache = Yes, run mover and then set cache = No.

If you want to switch things from array to cache-only then set cache = Prefer, run mover and then set cache = Only.

Those scenarios assume you have enough free space.