ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha X399 + 2990WX (Guide)

Hello all,

This post is about how to configure the ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha X399 + 2990WX. Now of course this is ONE HUGE learning curve fro me. However, there are something I have picked up along the way and some problems.

Key facts (Good News)

1. I have the ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha X399 + 2990WX working with unraid on it.
  2. I have dumped the BIOS for an EVGA GTX 1080 and it is passed through to a VM on PICE 1
  3. I am presently ONLY using 3 SSD drives
  4. I have ran Intel Burn Test and FurMark, 62 cores at 100% load for over 24 hours. No problem at all. 

Key Fact (Bad News)

1. I have tried adding a GTX 650TI, GTX 680 OC, 7600GT and pass them through to a VM on all PCI port except. Nothing. I cannot get it working

Questions 

1. When I setup the UBS with UNRAID, I used UEFI mode. Could this effect the UNRAID / GPU Pass through?

Objectives

• To make this post a good guide for those who are in the same boat as me
  • To have 2 or 3 VM with their own GPUs

Guide

• I am making that now. 
Edited by authorleon
On 6/19/2019 at 3:39 AM, authorleon said:

Key Fact (Bad News)

1. I have tried adding a GTX 650TI, GTX 680 OC, 7600GT and pass them through to a VM on all PCI port except. Nothing. I cannot get it working

I've been able to pass through a GTX 980ti, Quadro P620, & P2000 to a VM in all slots except Slot 1 & 4 (x4 slot) without a ROM dump. A 1050 I have will not pass through, not all graphics cards can be passed through. Slot 1 requires a ROM to be passed through but the nVidia driver will detect KVM and throw a code 43 error and won't initialize.

• Upvote 1