(solved) server hangs after a while on full load

I am on the latest stable version 6.70, amd 2700x, mobo: asus prime x470 (bios: American Megatrends Inc. Version 4207. Dated: 12/07/2018)

and yes i disabled global c - states

when I put my system in full load after a while it will just hang. it will stay open but it won't do anything. tried pinging the server and it doesn't respond.

constantinides-diagnostics-20190619-1300.zip

Edited by technomancer__
1 hour ago, technomancer__ said:

Yes I did but I let Aida 64 and other stress test software run with my windows boot drive and it's fine

The key question though is that if you revert to stock speeds on the CPU and memory (get rid of XMP / AMP settings and run default) is the system stable or not.

1 hour ago, technomancer__ said:

Yes I did but I let Aida 64 and other stress test software run with my windows boot drive and it's fine

That means nothing.

For example, the recent BIOS update for my motherboard cuts the voltage for Precision Boost down a tiny bit so it runs a bit cooler (what I have observed and what was widely reported elsewhere). It can still run all-core full load at 3.8GHz stable for days without any issue. Yet, it would crash (the entire server!) if I try to merge a panorama using Photoshop in my VM.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, testdasi said:

That means nothing.

For example, the recent BIOS update for my motherboard cuts the voltage for Precision Boost down a tiny bit so it runs a bit cooler (what I have observed and what was widely reported elsewhere). It can still run all-core full load at 3.8GHz stable for days without any issue. Yet, it would crash (the entire server!) if I try to merge a panorama using Photoshop in my VM.

3 hours ago, Squid said:

The key question though is that if you revert to stock speeds on the CPU and memory (get rid of XMP / AMP settings and run default) is the system stable or not.

I forgot it did that before i even oc'd but i will lover the clockspeed to like 3.7 from 4 and test if its stable at that

i will test tomorrow

Edited by technomancer__
On 6/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, testdasi said:

That means nothing.

now it's fine! the bios update must have cut some voltage like you said because it used to be stable

thank you

now how do i mark as solved?

Edited by technomancer__