Sign in to follow this  
J.Nerdy

macOS: Mojave - KVM and rx570 passthrough

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

MacOS Mojave

sapphire rx570 pulse (2nd slot AORUS z390) (1070gtx in x16 lane)

i9-9900k

16384mb

128gb vdsk

I am able to boot into this machine, and connect via Splashtop or VNC.  However the "passed through" card is not recognized in system info and projecting a black screen on attached monitor.  Card has been checked in current slot against win10vm.  Have tried multiple smbios configs to no avail.  Could I simply be missing kext?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (the Saphirre is a known supported Polaris | Bios combo)

I'm having a similar issue with an RX480:

Asus X370-PRO

Ryzen 7 1700

NVIDIA GT1030 for unraid

Gigabyte RX480 8GB passthrough to macOS VM

NVIDIA GTK1070 passthrough to windows VM

Unraid 6.7.2

MacOS Mojave

"About this mac" lists the RX480 and I even see clover and a bit of the apple boot logo when I start the VM. The screen then goes to black and I can only access the VM using a viewer (NoMachine)

Try using a bios rom file to pass it thru. You can pull it yourself in windows or use techpowerup to find the bios for your card. 

On 7/12/2019 at 7:20 AM, bmwbryan said:

I"About this mac" lists the RX480 and I even see clover and a bit of the apple boot logo when I start the VM. The screen then goes to black and I can only access the VM using a viewer (NoMachine)

Check this (update2) if the symptom is like a no signal to the monitor after apple logo: