Multiple Issues

Hello,

Seem to be having quite a few issues with my Unraid Install. It started after my cache drive filled. It refused to empty (mover did nothing) so I removed both cache devices and re-formatted, and then re added into the array.

Ever since then I've been having CPU spikes and Dockers are sometimes not responding (UniFi Video is failing to record to disks on some occasions). At the same time, a parity check last week found 776 errors. Parity check is running again now, but only at about 2MB/sec.

I have attached diag logs.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks

hellard-server-diagnostics-20190620-1057.zip

Just now, johnnie.black said:

Stop writing to the array during the check, mostly to disk7 when the diags were taken, and it should go back to normal.

I've never had this before - I constantly write to some drives as CCTV is being recorded, so can't really stop that

18 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Parity check will always be considerably slower if there are writes to the array at the same time, to see if there are other problems you'd need to stop all writes, even if just temporarily, and grab new diags at that time if speed doesn't go back to normal.

Thanks - have tried stopping everything and the parity check speed has jumped back up again - and CPU usage is back to normal.

Still no idea why CPU and mem usage are so high with dockers started (everything just seems to grind to a halt) - I'm only running one VM, and a handful of dockers on a pretty powerful xeon...

58 minutes ago, hellarda said:

Thanks - have tried stopping everything and the parity check speed has jumped back up again - and CPU usage is back to normal.

Still no idea why CPU and mem usage are so high with dockers started (everything just seems to grind to a halt) - I'm only running one VM, and a handful of dockers on a pretty powerful xeon...

You can try starting each docker and see which one causes the problem.