Troubles reaching internet after clean install

I moved most of my server functions off my  server and onto bare metal for the 24/7 operated things, so I could tinker about without ruining something vital for the network. I did a clean install and reconfigured the network according to screenshots I took beforehand (it's identical to what it used to be, I've quadruple checked). Everything worked exactly as it should before the reset configured exactly the same. I have a 10Gb/s PCIe network card and that's the connection I've set up and used. The only cable between the switch and the server is CAT6 in the PCIe RJ45 jack.

My problem now when trying to f.ex ping 8.8.8.8 the command window tries to ping through the eth1 (motherboard) 192.x.x.69 instead of eth0 (PCIe) 192.x.x.60 like it used to. Why? Isn't eth0 the first priority?

System info

Command line

# route

outputs

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
default         X.X.X.1         X.X.X.0         UG    0      0        0 br1

So the br1 interface is default (bonded to eth1). My goal would be to set br0 as default. Alternatively add eth0 to br1 (but that feels alot like using duct tape)

So, does anyone know how to change default interface?