[Support] binhex - MakeMKV

1 hour ago, TexasUnraid said:

Yep, did a force update and even cleared the appdata and force updated again but still gives the error.

34 minutes ago, dsmithers said:

I can confirm the same issue. I though it was just something about my config, but I guess not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can replicate the issue guys, i will take a look tonight.

Yep, did a force update and even cleared the appdata and force updated again but still gives the error.

How did you attempt to Force Update it?

I feel like there was a “force update” option when clicking on the container in the docker tab, but after having this issue yesterday I couldn’t seem to find it anymore. Maybe I was just blind yesterday.

2 minutes ago, dsmithers said:

How did you attempt to Force Update it?

I feel like there was a “force update” option when clicking on the container in the docker tab, but after having this issue yesterday I couldn’t seem to find it anymore. Maybe I was just blind yesterday.

It is next to the docker name in the docker tab in unraid. It will say check for update or force update I think.

I don't see anyone who has run into this issue in the thread, so I'm guessing this is something I messed up :)

After installing the container using the default settings, I can access the WebUI and MakeMKV seems to be running correctly. However, I'm unable to save any settings from the Preferences window, or even enter a registration key. MakeMKV throws a "Failed to save settings" error instead. I've also tried to set up the container with PID and GID of 0, with the same results. I don't see anything relevant in the log file. I'm at a loss... any idea what I should try? Thanks.

After poking around a little more, I noticed that there seems to be a problematic symlink:

[nobody@81e99f3f013c ~]$ ls -la
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 112 Jul 25 20:00 .
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users  56 Jul 25 19:59 ..
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users  30 Jul 20 02:46 .build
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 118 Jul 25 20:00 .cache
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users  54 Jul 25 20:00 .config
-rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 587 Jul 20 02:49 .gtkrc-2.0
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users  40 Jul 20 02:49 .icons
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  10 Jul 25 20:00 .local
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  22 Jul 25 19:59 .MakeMKV -> /config/home/.MakeMKV/
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 226 Jul 20 02:49 .themes
[nobody@81e99f3f013c ~]$ cd .MakeMKV 
bash: cd: .MakeMKV: Too many levels of symbolic links
[nobody@81e99f3f013c ~]$ cd /config/home/.MakeMKV 
bash: cd: /config/home/.MakeMKV: Too many levels of symbolic links

Deleting this symlink allows me to save preferences in MakeMKV as expected -- that is, until the container is restarted and the symlink gets re-recreated by start.sh.

7 hours ago, mikkle said:

Deleting this symlink allows me to save preferences in MakeMKV as expected -- that is, until the container is restarted and the symlink gets re-recreated by start.sh.

thanks i was able to replicate the issue, i have fixed the problem so please pull down the image by doing a force update, please note you may still have to remove '/config/home/.MakeMKV' folder and then restart the container, after that you should be good.

• Like 1

I can't get it to work after updating to latest 1.16.4.

I get 'Your temporary key has expired and was removed. Please restart the application.' error every time I try to go to webUI.

I entered a valid key (expires tomorrow) in the registration dialog that pops up but I keep getting the error with the key after a restart and can no longer use the app.

image.thumb.png.26e0f794d22f71aeaec052c7061077b5.png

Let's see if tomorrow the author will release another key to be used.

image.thumb.png.d82bdc82c589f4efbf2059e3adc65b35.png

Edited by shpitz461
  • 1 month later...
Needs a key refresh for those of us tightwads who only use this occasionally, Binhex where are you, k've tried a force update and zilch, i can wait ;>)
2nd of Nov is the current expiration of the trial key so I can only assume you have an out-of-date docker-image please do a force update to ensure you are running the latest version

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, binhex said:

2nd of Nov is the current expiration of the trial key so I can only assume you have an out-of-date docker-image please do a force update to ensure you are running the latest version

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Had already tried that, repeated a force-update and still the same .... 'Evaluation period has expired ....'

It does say that this version is to expire on 2nd Nov but still fails to open, with the above message. Using the 'purchase' tab just does nothing so how do i sort this?

Edited by superloopy1
4 hours ago, superloopy1 said:

'Evaluation period has expired ....'

i cant fix what i cant see, and currently i cant replicate what you are seeing, here is what im seeing, pulling tagged 'latest' and starting the container:-

image.png.c4ef74ef22324605d135ec4a5700a735.png

as you can see there are no issues starting makemkv and the trial licence is correctly set to expire on 2nd of nov. one thing you can try is deleting all files/folder in your /config folder for this container then restart it.

18 minutes ago, binhex said:

i cant fix what i cant see, and currently i cant replicate what you are seeing, here is what im seeing, pulling tagged 'latest' and starting the container:-

image.png.c4ef74ef22324605d135ec4a5700a735.png

as you can see there are no issues starting makemkv and the trial licence is correctly set to expire on 2nd of nov. one thing you can try is deleting all files/folder in your /config folder for this container then restart it.

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

very strange indeed!, i can only assume that the date is not set correctly on your host (unraid), can you drop to 'terminal' (not console for container) and type 'date' and confirm the time and date looks correct.

Nope, it's fine, maybe i've hit some inbuilt threshold counter?

I'm busy deleting appdata folder and reinstalling from scratch, let you know how that goes. Thanks.

Edited by superloopy1

SOLVED!

Deleting and recreating my appdata folder and redonloading latest image sorted it. I now have a fresh 'evaluation period' , yay!

Think i may have run up against a coded usage threshold somewhere along the line. It DOES get a bit of use, but not a lot of use. I did consider purchasing a key but cant see anywhere where it could/would be accepted. All of those help menus appear to do nothing? Thanks for you help, appreciated!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've run into the problem of not being able to save any preferences at all. I see it raised its head in the summer and was 'fixed' by deletion of a symlink??? First noticed this when i realised my rips were defaulting to all languages being saved even when i only save english titles, audio, subs etc. Anyone any idea what needs doing this time around?

59 minutes ago, superloopy1 said:

I've run into the problem of not being able to save any preferences at all. I see it raised its head in the summer and was 'fixed' by deletion of a symlink??? First noticed this when i realised my rips were defaulting to all languages being saved even when i only save english titles, audio, subs etc. Anyone any idea what needs doing this time around?

try this:-

1. stop the container

2. delete file /config/perms.txt

3. start container and wait - it could take a little while to start (resetting permissions).

4. try and save change and see if it persists.

looked all through flash drive and i've not got a /config/perms.txt file, should i have?

checked other two servers, backups, and no file there either, should i be worried?

it's all been aok for a good while now and all the other dockers xxxarr's and sab all aok also, just the makemkv that's sketch ...

Found it in the appdata MakeMKV folder, i was just getting confused with config/home locations. Either way i have NO perms file and preferences arent being saved??

Edited by superloopy1