Server crash but no log?

Hi all

I came home today to a sudden server crash. I've just moved the whole thing to a new case last week since I wanted more optimal cooling, but there haven't been any issues.

Today I came home, and the whole thing was unresponsive - IPMI still responded and showed the tiniest amount of error data. Had to force a reboot entirely before unraid came back to life.

Checking the logs, it only has everything from the reboot and onward and it's doing a parity check now.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the logs, if any, from the event so I can have a chance at locating the underlying cause?

Cheers.

Found an uncorrectable ECC error in the IPMI interface log during the time of the great crash around midnight last night. I'm, for now, assuming that one of the memory sticks came slightly unseated during transport of the server from the old chassis to the new, as the server was un-bootable until I took it down and reseated the RAM. (No new ECC event log to confirm, though..)

Diagnostics attached. Assuming the disk write error will come back.. but it's odd given that I've just run a full parity check a few days ago but I think maybe a RAM seating problem could cause an issue with parity checking, too? The disk is only six months old.

We'll see how it behaves, but again, diagnostics attached.

fortytwo-diagnostics-20190621-1547.zip