Unraid OS version 6.7.1 available

To upgrade:

• If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.
  • If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.
  • If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which are helpful especially if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue in this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report.

This is a bug fix and security update release.  Due to another set of processor vulnerabilities called Zombieland, and a set of TCP denial-of-service vulnerabilities called SACK panic, all users are encouraged to update.

We are also still trying to track down the source of SQLite Database corruption.  It will also be very helpful for those affected by this issue to also upgrade to this release.

Version 6.7.1 2019-06-22

Base distro:

• btrfs-progs: version 5.1.1
  • curl: version 7.65.1 (CVE-2019-5435, CVE-2019-5436)
  • dhcpcd: version 7.2.2
  • docker: version 18.09.6
  • kernel-firmware: version 20190607_1884732
  • mozilla-firefox: version 66.0.5
  • openssl: version 1.1.1c
  • openssl-solibs: version 1.1.1c
  • php: version 7.2.19 (removed sqlite support)
  • samba: version 4.9.8 (CVE-2018-16860)
  • xfsprogs: version 5.0.0

Linux kernel:

• version: 4.19.55 (CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130, CVE-2019-11091, CVE-2019-11833, CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, CVE-2019-11479)
  • intel-microcode: version 20190618

Management:

• shfs: support FUSE use_ino option
  • Dashboard: added draggable fields in table
  • Dashboard: added custom case image selection
  • Dashboard: enhanced sorting
  • Docker + VM: enhanced sorting
  • Docker: disable button "Update All" instead of hiding it when no updates are available
  • Fix OS update banner overhanging in Auzre / Gray themes
  • Do not allow plugin updates to same version
  • misc style corrections
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Dazog said:

Awesome work.

Next Unraid point release can you grab the latest Kernel firmware again to pull in this commit for us AMD users:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/commit/?id=c436aaf67d93aecfd6ce9f3024efc796a56f8203

Thanks again!

Damn, I do follow that repo and also the slackware64-current package list.  What happened with this release, was that it was actually built and tested a couple days ago when 4.19.53 was released.  Then noticed kernel was up to .55 very quickly and in looking at change log there is a single change (probably related to 'sack panic' changes) - and any time Greg K-H creates another patch release with a single change, it's probably important 😳  So I did a quick kernel update and rebuilt this 6.7.1 release & didn't notice that firmware update from yesterday - yeah this stuff is changing rapidly these days!

How important is the f/w update to you?  I can generate a 6.7.2 pretty quickly if so...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, limetech said:

Damn, I do follow that repo and also the slackware64-current package list.  What happened with this release, was that it was actually built and tested a couple days ago when 4.19.53 was released.  Then noticed kernel was up to .55 very quickly and in looking at change log there is a single change (probably related to 'sack panic' changes) - and any time Greg K-H creates another patch release with a single change, it's probably important 😳  So I did a quick kernel update and rebuilt this 6.7.1 release & didn't notice that firmware update from yesterday - yeah this stuff is changing rapidly these days!

How important is the f/w update to you?  I can generate a 6.7.2 pretty quickly if so...

Not a CVE. I wouldn't worry.

I assume just this is the last update before AMD drops new firmware for Zen2 and EPYC2.

Be more worried if u did a respin 4 kernel versions will release...

Edited by Dazog
37 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

@limetech Sorry Tom, can I get a quick sanity check to just ensure I'm still using the right OOT drivers for this.

At the minute I've got Intel 10GB IXGBE v5.5.5 & Tehuti v0.3.6.17.1

Would you mind just confirming if that's the case or not.

For tehuti in this 6.7.1 release we're using tn40xx-0.3.6.17

for 6.8 beta we're using tn40xx-0.3.6.17.2 - which only change supposedly is to compile against 5.x Linux kernel.

For intel in 6.7.1 release, correct: 5.5.5

for Unraid 6.8 beta - we still use stock ixgbe drivers because still Intel has not released build for Linux 5.x kernel.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, limetech said:

For tehuti in this 6.7.1 release we're using tn40xx-0.3.6.17

for 6.8 beta we're using tn40xx-0.3.6.17.2 - which only change supposedly is to compile against 5.x Linux kernel.

For intel in 6.7.1 release, correct: 5.5.5

for Unraid 6.8 beta - we still use stock ixgbe drivers because still Intel has not released build for Linux 5.x kernel.

Awesome Thanks

1 hour ago, mrbilky said:

Not a deal breaker by any means but I'm getting this at the left bottom of the page when I upgrade, when I revert it shows me disk location

imageproxy.php?img=&key=00b562fcac28e727

Hi

I just received information about this and that they have disabled sqlite from php in 6.7.1. Disk Location will be incompatible until I find another way of implementing another database because I am not dealing with ini/conf files for this. 

It is seriously annoying, even if it (might) create problems for other users with Unraid, it makes making plugin for Unraid quite annoying. The lack of general documentation and information, and then they suddenly remove support for some major things will destroy the motivation on continuing on the plugin itself.

Removing SQLite is one thing, but not adding another SQL database where I can access own created plugin database makes this a very annoying task.

So for now, I am sad to say, that the plugin is dead from and including 6.7.1 until SQLite (or any other SQL database) will be accessible for plugins. I am not messing with "text files", it's highly ineffective. Sorry.

Anyway, if you have any ideas on how to go on with this, please continue this particular thread in the Disk Location plugin thread at https://forums.unraid.net/topic/77302-plugin-disk-location/

Regarding this addition:

shfs: support FUSE use_ino option

How do we enable this? Or is this default now?

Also, I ran the upgrade, all ok so far.  I noticed the enable direct io was set back to auto, I put mine back at "no" for now.

Edited by Abzstrak
5 hours ago, Geek@Trucker said:

Thank you so much did upgrade from 6.7.0 to 6.7.1 .......NOW NO BOOT. IT's just great!!!!!

This normally means that the upgrade did not get written correctly to the USB stick.    Easiest solution is to download the ZIP file version from the Unraid site and extract all the bz* type files overwriting the ones on the USB stick.

• Like 2
  • jonp unpinned this topic