How to make unraid mount an additional mirror?

6 minutes ago, Marshalleq said:

Has anyone done this?  I'm thinking about setting one up.

I'm not sure yet how I'd make it persistent, but assuming I can it would be great for VM's and docker I think.

Not sure what you mean by mirror, but for VM's and docker you can use a cache drive, or install unassigned devices plugin and mount a drive for VM's and docker.

Yes, I'm aware - I posted about this elsewhere but no reply cause I gave too much detail ;)

I don't want to use my existing cache drive (BTRFS Raid-1), the SSD endurance won't handle the VM's and dockers I have which are constant IO.

I had one in unassigned devices (enterprise grade 1TB Samsung), but it died.  So I thought how can I get redundant SSD's without having to sell / throw away my current cache drives which are perfectly good?

So I figure an additional standard Raid-1 Mirror, which somehow I have to mount in Unraid, since unraid doesn't as far as I know provide this capability through the GUI.

6 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

So I figure an additional standard Raid-1 Mirror, which somehow I have to mount in Unraid, since unraid doesn't as far as I know provide this capability through the GUI.

Are you talking about getting another SSD to implement this mirror?   If so there are forum posts about how to create a BTRFS RAID1 style mirror from the command line and then mounting this under Unassigned Devices.   I have not done this myself but as I understand it, it is only the creation stage that needs to be done from the command line and once created Unassigned Devices can handle the mounting/unmounting.