Three issues, which I believe are related

I just replaced disk 1, which had been disabled for about a week.

When I run "Fix Common Problems", I'm getting the following error: Share disk1 is identically named to a disk share. I have no idea how or why I'm getting this error, so I also have no idea how to fix it. This is the only error found. 

The second issue, which I'm fairly certain is a direct result of this error, is that I can't properly stop the array. It gets hung up on "unmounting disk shares" and I have to soft-reboot to get past it. 

The third issue, which may or may not be related, is I can no longer access user shares across my network using the default user account "root". I had to create a second user account and connect using that. Once I did that, I regained access to everything. Is it possible the root user is corrupted? If so, can I delete it and just use the new one?

server-pc-syslog-20190622-2303.zip server-pc-diagnostics-20190622-2304.zip

6 minutes ago, bcr621 said:

The third issue, which may or may not be related, is I can no longer access user shares across my network using the default user account "root".

For several years now, 'root' has been defined as an "invalid users" via SMB.   (This was a Security issue!)  You can verify this with the following command: 

cat /etc/samba/smb.conf

With regard to the other two problems, I would try unsharing the that disk under the   Shares    >>>  Disk Shares   and than enable the share again.  Unraid may be 'remembering' the serial number of the old disk.  (Not many folks are using Disk Shares these days because there can be data loss if one copies between a Disk Share and a User Share.) 

4 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

With regard to the other two problems, I would try unsharing the that disk under the   Shares    >>>  Disk Shares   and than enable the share again.  Unraid may be 'remembering' the serial number of the old disk.  (Not many folks are using Disk Shares these days because there can be data loss if one copies between a Disk Share and a User Share.) 

There is nothing listed under Disk Shares. 

6 hours ago, bcr621 said:

When I run "Fix Common Problems", I'm getting the following error: Share disk1 is identically named to a disk share. I have no idea how or why I'm getting this error, so I also have no idea how to fix it. This is the only error found. 

This means that you have a folder called 'disk1' on one of your drives.  All top level folders are automatically considered to be User Shares.   You must have created this manually in some way (perhaps by a copy) as the Unraid GUI would not let you create a share with this name from the Shares tab.   The fix is to find and rename the folder to something else.   What side-effects this might have a are difficult to determine without knowing what on your system might be trying to reference disk1.

6 hours ago, bcr621 said:

The third issue, which may or may not be related, is I can no longer access user shares across my network using the default user account "root". I had to create a second user account and connect using that. Once I did that, I regained access to everything. Is it possible the root user is corrupted? If so, can I delete it and just use the new one?

The 'root' user cannot access User Shares that are secure or private as this is not allowed.   It can access public shares as it the authenticates as a 'guest' user.   Since you say it has been working I assume your current shares are set to be Public?  If you are trying to access from Windows then you might want to try using Windows Credentials Manager to clear any stored credentials for the Unraid server.

Your syslog shows that you have one or more browser sessions open to the Unraid GUI from before the last reboot of Unraid.   You should close these as they flood the syslog with messages relating to an 'wrong csrf_token' token

BTW:  The diagnostics include the syslog (amongst other things - so no need to provide it separately.

Edited by itimpi
13 hours ago, itimpi said:

This means that you have a folder called 'disk1' on one of your drives.  All top level folders are automatically considered to be User Shares.   You must have created this manually in some way (perhaps by a copy) as the Unraid GUI would not let you create a share with this name from the Shares tab.   The fix is to find and rename the folder to something else.   What side-effects this might have a are difficult to determine without knowing what on your system might be trying to reference disk1.

I found the folder called disk1 at the top level of the actual disk1. I cleared out and deleted the folder, rebooted the server, still getting the same error. 

Thanks to everyone's help, I've cleared the disk1 error and I understand the issue with the root user. That still leaves the third issue, stopping the array. It still gets hung up on Array Stopping•Retry unmounting user share(s)...

Any ideas what could be causing this or how to fix it?

2 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

If you renamed that top level folder (disk1), you can look in the folder(s) and see if you can figure out what might have put the files there. 

It had something to do with Plex, but all the files and folders have dates from 2015. Also, I can't seem to delete them. 

18 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Some plugin or Docker has some files open on the array and the unmounting process can't close them.  A simplistic answer-- but I would suggest that you Google this:  Unraid: finding Open files 

There's a tool called Open Files. When I checked it as the system was hung up, this is what it showed.

Screenshot 2019-06-24 13.29.26.png

This is one that I have not run into before.  I tried to see if I could create it on my servers but could not.  However, I have my SMB shares set up as read-only.  I also suspect that you have an SMB shared file that is opened for read-write operation.   I could easily see how that type of access could cause a problem if the file was closed arbitrarily before the using application had finished with its file writing operation.   I see that you are running WIN10.  Are you mapping any user shares as Windows drives?