BTRFS errors.

Logged into my server today as i normal do a few times a week to check on things and fix common problems had a red error saying cannot write to docker image. Clicked on the log and its full of btrfs errors. My docker image is set to /cache and im running two ssd's as cache. I also use cache for downloads and plex transcoding. Not really sure what happened looking for help. I have attached diagnostics. 

tower-diagnostics-20190623-1836.zip

Some of your appdata and system shares are on the array. Delete docker image. Before creating a new docker image, run mover so the rest of those shares can be moved to cache. Then recreate docker image and use the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page and it will reinstall your containers using the same settings.

Looking again at your diagnostics, you have 2 shares set to cache-prefer that should probably be set to cache-yes. They are anonymized in your diagnostics as d------d and M---a. These won't be moved from cache since they are cache-prefer, instead they will be moved to cache.

Filling your cache with these shares is likely the source of all your trouble. You should set these to cache-yes before running mover and recreating docker image as above.

See here for more details about the use cache settings:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/#comment-537383

26 minutes ago, Jetracer said:

Logged into my server today as i normal do a few times a week to check on things and fix common problems had a red error

Also, you shouldn't have to log in to your server to discover you have a problem. You absolutely must configure Notifications to alert you by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected.

28 minutes ago, trurl said:

Looking again at your diagnostics, you have 2 shares set to cache-prefer that should probably be set to cache-yes. They are anonymized in your diagnostics as d------d and M---a. These won't be moved from cache since they are cache-prefer, instead they will be moved to cache.

Filling your cache with these shares is likely the source of all your trouble. You should set these to cache-yes before running mover and recreating docker image as above.

See here for more details about the use cache settings:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/#comment-537383

Appdata was set to prefer, and download. Would it be wise to turn cache off for download, and data where the majority of my data lives? This is primarily a plex server with a few vms for testing/learning. 

Looking at the link you sent only system and appdata should be set to prefer correct? downloads to cache yes and data to no. My thinking is only during heavy downloads should the cache fill up (roughly 256gb). Normally its a episode of a show or a single movie being downloaded at any time normally nothing at all. 

yeah im going to set up email notifications now as well.

Edited by Jetracer

Go to Shares - User Shares and click the Compute All button, wait for the result. It will show you how much of each disk each user share is using. You want to get it so appdata and system are cache-prefer and are only have data on cache, and everything else has no data on cache and is either cache-no or cache-yes. 

Go to Global Share Settings and set Minimum Free for cache to larger than the largest file you expect to write to cache. This will allow cache-yes shares to overflow to the array if cache gets too full.