(SOLVED) Reboot after Kernel Panic

I was copying some files to Disk4 of my array, when the PC froze from a kernel panic.

After rebooting the PC, Disk4 shows "Device is disabled, contents emulated." The array is also stopped with an "unclean shutdown detected." Starting requires a parity-check.

An extended SMART test on Disk4 came back with no errors.

How should I proceed?

Diagnostics from your very old version of Unraid are more trouble to work with. Upgrade when you get stable again.

SMART for all disks looks OK. Since you rebooted syslog can't tell us what caused the disable.

Check all connections. You can rebuild to a spare if you have one, or rebuild to the same disk. Rebuilding to a spare lets you keep the original as a backup, but of course it requires you to have a spare.

https://wiki.unraid.net/index.php/Troubleshooting#What_do_I_do_if_I_get_a_red_X_next_to_a_hard_disk.3F

I couldn't get the syslog because I lost net access to the PC and the keyboard was unresponsive.

I'm going to try a rebuild to the same disk since I don't have any spare PATA drives, but can I rebuild safely with a "unclean shutdown" warning?

• HAL changed the title to (SOLVED) Reboot after Kernel Panic