[solved] 6.7.0 | Precleared New 8TB Disk shows only 4GB Avail

I must have something crossed somewhere.

- I added an 8TB drive to my array.

- Then, I used the Preclear Disk Utility in Tools, which took a good 2 days, and showed as "PASSED" (although I probably should have saved the report/log from that...unless it's saved somewhere automatically?).

- After adding it to the array, it showed as "green dot Disk 10", but unformatted.

- In the Array Operation tab, I set the check mark next to "Yes I want to do that" (or whatever the exact syntax is) next to "Format all unformatted drives" (or whatever the exact syntax is), and submitted the task of starting the array.

- The array spun up and mounted, with Disk 10 showing as XFS 8 TB (8.80 GB used 7.99TB free)

Being that I am in the process of consolidating smaller disks onto larger ones, I wanted to first move the entire content of Disk 4 (3TB drive, 1.44TB used) onto Disk 10, using the wonderful Krusader, as I have done countless times before with other disks. In the right column of Krusader, I navigated to Root/media/disk10 and on the left to Root/media/disk4. I have a user share called "unRAID" in which I organise my entire archive of data, so I selected the unRAID folder on the left and instructed Krusader to "Move to other panel", then selecting "Queue" in the next window, as I always do. After Krusader scans the source folder, it alerted me that there i not enough space on Drive 10. And, sure enough, looking at the header bar in the right column of Krusader (above the file-path), it says 3.2GiB free out of 3.8GiB on /media [(rootfs)]...in the left column header it says that I am on /media/disk4 [(xfs)], as expected, but why is the destination side not inside /media/disk10 ?

So, it appears that I am not really inside of disk10 in the right column, as far as the copy/move process goes...the file path under the header does say Root / media / disk10, but the header says otherwise.  What am I not doing right?

Diags included for good measure

unraid-diagnostics-20190624-0855.zip

Looking at the properties of disk10 (destination) vs disk4 (source), I do see that there appear to be issues.
disk4 is user: nobody, group: users, and is mounted from /dev/md1, while disk10 is user: root, group: root, and mounted from rootfs, so it looks like this is a permissions and mapping issue?

17 minutes ago, tillkrueger said:

Looking at the properties of disk10 (destination) vs disk4 (source), I do see that there appear to be issues.
disk4 is user: nobody, group: users, and is mounted from /dev/md1, while disk10 is user: root, group: root, and mounted from rootfs, so it looks like this is a permissions and mapping issue?

Didn't go trough your logs yet, but have you tried the Unbalance plugin? If it gives the same result.

2 minutes ago, tillkrueger said:

Not yet, simply bc I know there is an issue that I’d like to get resolved. I’m sure that with some instruction, I could also move the folder in Terminal, but it should work in Krusader, like all other disks do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I understand the need/want to fix the issue you are experiencing, my reason for testing Unbalance plugin is that you can select the "user" to give unbalance. As you stated above, you are worried it might be a permission/mapping issue.

• tillkrueger changed the title to [solved] 6.7.0 | Precleared New 8TB Disk shows only 4GB Avail

ah! I got it working.

your question, testdasi, about Krusader's configuration, made me realise that since Krusader has been running since *before* I added the new disk to the array, that Krusader simply wasn't yet aware of its presence, and had already allocated the last available "slot" to the RAM (or something like that).

restarting Krusader did the trick, and I can now pull up disk10 on the right just as I would expect .