Unraid OS version 6.7.2 available

To upgrade:

• If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.
  • If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.
  • If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which are helpful especially if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue in this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report.

We restored PHP/SQLite support and updated the kernel-firmware package.

We are also still trying to track down the source of SQLite Database corruption.  It will also be very helpful for those affected by this issue to also upgrade to this release.  If you have issues with SQLite DB corruption, please post in this separate Bug Report.

Version 6.7.2 2019-06-25

Base distro:

• kernel-firmware: version 20190620_7ae3a09
  • php version: 7.2.19 (restore sqlite support)
  • sqlite version: 3.28.0

Linux kernel:

• version: 4.19.56
Edited by limetech
Provide link to report SQLite DB corruption
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it only me every single upgrade from 6.7.0 has seen my server not connect to the App Store  or pull any update it keeps banging on about DNS, it set to static on the router and on the server but when ever I upgrade it doesn’t work, when I down grade it works but I think I’m truly stuffed now as I can’t see the previous OS to downgrade now, so server is a massive paper weight 🤦🏾‍♂️ Nics are built into the board which has 3 not all three are being used though help please.

4 minutes ago, Dazza1 said:

Is it only me every single upgrade from 6.7.0 has seen my server not connect to the App Store  or pull any update it keeps banging on about DNS, it set to static on the router and on the server but when ever I upgrade it doesn’t work, when I down grade it works but I think I’m truly stuffed now as I can’t see the previous OS to downgrade now, so server is a massive paper weight 🤦🏾‍♂️ Nics are built into the board which has 3 not all three are being used though help please.

Create a separate topic with a proper report of your problem and attach diagnostics. Posting a 3-line complaint on every release topic will not get you the necessary help.

• Like 4

I lost access to my server for about an hour while I sorted these broken settings after update to 672.

Changed after install
Network name
Custom UI Port
Workgroup name
SSL/TLS from OFF to AUTO
All TIME settings.
FTP re-enabled

Not what I really wanted to start fixing after a long day. The other server can wait.

Edited by Wisnaeme
Typo.
54 minutes ago, Wisnaeme said:

I lost access to my server for about an hour while I sorted these broken settings after update to 672.

Changed after install
Network name
Custom UI Port
Workgroup name
SSL/TLS from OFF to AUTO
All TIME settings.
FTP re-enabled

Not what I really wanted to start fixing after a long day. The other server can wait.

Sounds like a config file got corrupted (probably config/ident.cfg).  Did you make a backup of your USB flash boot device before upgrading?

Main/Flash/Flash Backup

3 hours ago, limetech said:

Sounds like a config file got corrupted (probably config/ident.cfg).  Did you make a backup of your USB flash boot device before upgrading?

Main/Flash/Flash Backup

Unfortunately no, is there anything I can do to fix it?

1 hour ago, Dazza1 said:

Unfortunately no, is there anything I can do to fix it?

Some users have had a similar experience throughout 6.7 and their solution was to delete / rename /config/network.cfg on the flash and reboot.  This will revert the system back to DHCP, etc so you will have to set it back up to your own preferences.

• Upvote 1

For those of us running unRAID with the NVidia drivers, and I expect that's a fair number of users, perhaps update checks could verify that a build with the NVidia drivers is available before unRAID tells us that a new version is available? I just had to roll back as my Plex docker and my VM rely on the GPU passthrough and the NVidia drivers/tools. My Plex docker wouldn't even start with 6.7.2 because of the missing NVidia components.

EDIT: it's actually worse than that... my install is hosed. The console at the server reports a 'segmentation fault'.  I've done a shutdown after logging in at the console and have backed up my /config folder. About to use the unRAID creation tool to re-do the flash drive with a clean 6.7.1 and then restore some of my config including my Pro.key file. I noticed that network config was definitely corrupt so I'll replace that with one from last night's backup of 6.7.1. Hopefully nothing much else is wrong.

EDIT 2: And now it's booting and the webgui is available, but it's started another parity check. 24 hrs to go.... :(

EDIT 3: Had to stop the parity check as I had to reboot after re-installing the unRAID NVidia build for 6.7.1. It didn't restart the parity check after rebooting, but I suspect I'll go ahead and start a manual parity check to ensure all is OK. At least I'm back to what appears to be a functional 6.7.1 with NVidia extensions available and my Plex docker started fine. The only files I replaced from my previous flash config were network.cfg and ident.cfg.

Edited by AgentXXL
Updated with more serious crash info.
49 minutes ago, AgentXXL said:

For those of us running unRAID with the NVidia drivers, and I expect that's a fair number of users, perhaps update checks could verify that a build with the NVidia drivers is available before unRAID tells us that a new version is available? I just had to roll back as my Plex docker and my VM rely on the GPU passthrough and the NVidia drivers/tools. My Plex docker wouldn't even start with 6.7.2 because of the missing NVidia components.

Except the NVidia build is not a Limetech build but a community addon. Maybe if the guys added traps to the Unraid OS update mechanism as part of their plugin... but until then, user beware.

28 minutes ago, ken-ji said:

Except the NVidia build is not a Limetech build but a community addon. Maybe if the guys added traps to the Unraid OS update mechanism as part of their plugin... but until then, user beware.

Agreed. Especially for users like myself that are new to unRAID. I've learned lots since starting my trial 28 days ago, and migrated to my Pro license 2 days ago. I'm now aware that I need to check if an unRAID NVidia build exists BEFORE upgrading. A simple trap to see if the user is running the NVidia build should be possible, and then advising users to check 1st BEFORE upgrading.

Edited by AgentXXL
22 minutes ago, AgentXXL said:

Agreed. Especially for users like myself that are new to unRAID. I've learned lots since starting my trial 28 days ago, and migrated to my Pro license 2 days ago. I'm now aware that I need to check if a unRAID NVidia build exists BEFORE upgrading. A simple trap to see if the user is running the NVidia build should be possible, and then advising users to check 1st BEFORE upgrading.

I do not think we should add anything messing with the update check for unraid. That is just asking for trouble.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, saarg said:

I do not think we should add anything messing with the update check for unraid. That is just asking for trouble.

It could be an option to add a check to the Update Assistant from the Fix Common Problems Plugin hat community tool already supports plugin compatibility.

EDIT: it's actually worse than that... my install is hosed. The console at the server reports a 'segmentation fault'.  I've done a shutdown after logging in at the console and have backed up my /config folder. About to use the unRAID creation tool to re-do the flash drive with a clean 6.7.1 and then restore some of my config including my Pro.key file. I noticed that network config was definitely corrupt so I'll replace that with one from last night's backup of 6.7.1. Hopefully nothing much else is wrong.

EDIT 2: And now it's booting and the webgui is available, but it's started another parity check. 24 hrs to go....

EDIT 3: Had to stop the parity check as I had to reboot after re-installing the unRAID NVidia build for 6.7.1. It didn't restart the parity check after rebooting, but I suspect I'll go ahead and start a manual parity check to ensure all is OK. At least I'm back to what appears to be a functional 6.7.1 with NVidia extensions available and my Plex docker started fine. The only files I replaced from my previous flash config were network.cfg and ident.cfg.

You're using an Unraid build with Nvidia, onus is on you to check. It's nothing to do with LimeTech. Same as DVB.

Builds will get done when I get to them. Unlikely to be today, maybe tomorrow.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • jonp unpinned this topic