Unraid OS version 6.7.2 available

If you run an adblocker in your browser then make sure that the Unraid server is whitelisted as they can often interfere with the unraid GUI.

You can create the diagnostics by using the ‘diagnostics’ command from the CLI.   The file gets put into the ‘logs’ folder on the flash drive.

it might also be worth trying booting in Safe Mode as this stops any plugin from running in case one of them is causing a problem.

@itimpi - Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried loading the webgui by whitelisting Unraid in the adblocker and by trying in a browser with no adblocker installed, but the result is as before.

The diagnostic file is attached below.

What is the command to initiate a reboot from the console?

There were two error messages on the console referring to missing docker and VM  folders - I don't use either of these.

ukutlxd01-diagnostics-20191120-1213.zip

@itimpi - Luckily, I've never had to reboot or power down via the console. I would have guessed reboot, but better to be sure.

In safe mode I can see all the disks. Can I start the array and use the system?

How do I set about establishing which plugin is causing the problem?

Or is there anything in the diagnostics that indicates where the problem lies?

23 minutes ago, kleptonite said:

In safe mode I can see all the disks. Can I start the array and use the system

The system will run fine in Safe mode as long as there is nothing dependant on plugins being started.

23 minutes ago, kleptonite said:

How do I set about establishing which plugin is causing the problem

If you have a problem with a plugin then it is basically a case of trial-and-error to identify the problem.   You can start by disabling all plugins and re-enabling them progressively.

25 minutes ago, kleptonite said:

Or is there anything in the diagnostics that indicates where the problem lies

I did not spot a cause, but others might see something significant.

9 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If you have a problem with a plugin then it is basically a case of trial-and-error to identify the problem.   You can start by disabling all plugins and re-enabling them progressively.

In safe mode there are no plugins showing as installed. In addition the APPS button is missing so I can't try to re-install any of them. Also, I don't have a list of what plugins were there under 6.5.0. I only have a note of the four I removed because they couldn't be updated under 6.5.0. Surely, if I try to re-start normally, I'll just hit the same problem?

15 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I did not spot a cause, but others might see something significant.

I have attached the syslog from the safe mode boot. It does show a number of errors, but I don't know if any are relevant to this problem.

By the way, thank you for your help. 😊

ukutlxd01-syslog-20191120-1313.zip

You have to reboot in normal mode to get plugins allowed again.

a quick way to stop a plugin being installed during boot is to rename its .pkg file to have a different extension (in the config folder on the flash drive).    You can then later rename it back and reboot to get the plugin to install again.

Still on 6.6.6, not enough room on the data key to install the software via the upgrade method.

To move to 6.6.6 I 

- Copied the bz* files across to the key

- deleted /config/dynamix.plg  

- rebooted

Will this still work to upgrade to 6.7.2?

Edited by gnollo
6 hours ago, jonathanm said:

It should, but honestly at this point I'd wait out 6.8 release or run an RC. The RC's are 99% there, and frankly you would be better off with 6.8.0 rc7 than with 6.7.2, for a multitude of reasons.

Ok, I will back up the key and give it a try, where do I find the zip for the rc7?

53 minutes ago, gnollo said:

There is not enough space in the flash, I need an additional 116 MB...

Time to buy a new flash key. Any recommendations on a key that works with UnRaid?

How big (small) is your flash drive?! Surely there must be something that can be removed non-unraid related.

Pretty much any thumb drive from one of the bigger manufacturers will do. Don't go cheap.

The only things that remain from that rig were the case, which I bought in 2006, and the flash key!

I upgraded all of the hard disks (they were 500Gb ones, had 15 at one point. Now I am down to 10 disks+ parity, and when I run out of space I upgrade the parity (12TB hard disk waiting to pop in this weekend, replacing one of the smaller 2TB)

MB, processor, memory, power supply also were upgraded bit by bit, so were the expansion card cards, and the hotswaps (Norco SS500)

some pics in this thread...

1 hour ago, gnollo said:

514Mb. Got my first unraid key and server when unraid launched.

I suspect you could still do a manual upgrade even with a USB drive that small :)

If replacing it then remember that USB2 drives tend to be more reliable during the boot process than USB3 ones (and slightly cheaper).  I am currently using a 16GB Sandisk Cruzer Fit and a 16GB Kingston Data Traveller without problems although some people seem to think that the very small form factor drives (i.e. Cruzer Fit) can be more prone to heat related issuesi

• 2 weeks later...
  • jonp unpinned this topic