Unraid OS version 6.7.2 available

7 hours ago, CHBMB said:

No, let's be honest here, the end user needs to take some responsibility with this one.

LimeTech publishes an update, user knows that they're using an Nvidia or DVB build then you got to wait till it's done until you upgrade. As soon as I build them I post in the support thread so set up an email alert.

Why do we need to do more and more work to essentially spoon feed?

Come on guys, really?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

It sounds like you are burned out working on this.

If something pops up saying an update available, then people are going to think it is available. If you don't want them to think that, then suppress it and put text saying subscribe for email alerts from a support thread.

32 minutes ago, limetech said:

That's expected if running in 'safe mode'.  This is a browser cache issue.  Not sure why clearing your browser cache didn't fix it.

I have not booted it into safe mode yet.  I cleared the cache 3 times with the same results.  It doesn't matter what PC I am on I get the same results.  I was on 4 different PCs and they all displayed the same corrupt web page.

37 minutes ago, rpj2 said:

It sounds like you are burned out working on this.

It's easy to miss nuance of mood in forum posts, both in people "complaining" and in people responding to "complaints".  Everyone should try and keep that in mind.  The fix will be available soon, let's just give this a rest please.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, JeffTerrell said:

I have not booted it into safe mode yet.  I cleared the cache 3 times with the same results.  It doesn't matter what PC I am on I get the same results.  I was on 4 different PCs and they all displayed the same corrupt web page.

Please post diagnostics.zip from Tools/Diagnostics.

Upgraded from 6.7.0 to 6.7.2 and now my docker won't start "Docker Service failed to start", and the vm page is inaccessible "LibVirt Service failed to start". I've tried rebooting multiple times, I also tried going back to 6.7.0. 

Attaching a diag zip becuase I have no idea where to go from here or how to get my docker and vm services back into working order.

unraid-diagnostics-20190626-2041.zip

9 hours ago, cpsmith516 said:

Upgraded from 6.7.0 to 6.7.2 and now my docker won't start "Docker Service failed to start", and the vm page is inaccessible "LibVirt Service failed to start". I've tried rebooting multiple times, I also tried going back to 6.7.0. 

Both images are corrupt, you'll need to recreate them, libvirt should be restored from a backup if available or you'll lose the XML for the VMs , corruption most likely caused by one of you cache drives (cache1) dropping out in the past:

Jun 26 15:38:58 unraid kernel: BTRFS info (device sdk1): bdev /dev/sdk1 errs: wr 469514164, rd 255940664, flush 10036587, corrupt 0, gen 0

These are read and writes errors, and a lot of them so it dropped out for some time, or multiple times, see here for more info on how to better monitor a pool.

On 6/26/2019 at 3:20 AM, AgentXXL said:

Agreed. Especially for users like myself that are new to unRAID. I've learned lots since starting my trial 28 days ago, and migrated to my Pro license 2 days ago. I'm now aware that I need to check if an unRAID NVidia build exists BEFORE upgrading. A simple trap to see if the user is running the NVidia build should be possible, and then advising users to check 1st BEFORE upgrading.

Doesn't a work around for this already exist? In Settings > Notification Settings, set Unraid update notification to never check. Then make sure the Plugin update notification is set to something other than never check, since I'm assuming the notifications sent by Unraid Nvidia are considered 'plugin notifications', right @CHBMB?

1 hour ago, SRB said:

Doesn't a work around for this already exist? In Settings > Notification Settings, set Unraid update notification to never check. Then make sure the Plugin update notification is set to something other than never check, since I'm assuming the notifications sent by Unraid Nvidia are considered 'plugin notifications', right @CHBMB?

There are no updates to the plugin itself when a new build is released. It's announced in the support thread.

Is it just me who has lost the custom network type in docker containers, so that I am unable to set fix IPs any longer?

Edit: oh, I found the new setting for enabling user defined networks on docker settings page. I don't this this change was mentioned anywhere in the change logs? :) Anyhow, I am happy now...

Edited by olympia
3 hours ago, saarg said:

There are no updates to the plugin itself when a new build is released. It's announced in the support thread.

I remember seeing a notification when the 6.7.1 Unraid Nvidia build was released? Maybe I'm misremembering. Either way, I have Unraid update and plugin notifications disable and enabled, respectively, so we'll see if a notification comes through when 6.7.2 Unraid Nvidia is released.

• Like 1

Finally got around to updating to 6.7.2 from 6.7.0 (I skipped 6.7.1).  So far, I have seen zero issues. 

System boots fine, WebGUI is normal, all plugins and dockers are functioning as expected, all disks present, etc.  I have to say that has almost always been my experience since I started with unRAID back with version 5.0 beta14 (as prereleases used to be called).  I have had the same flash drive through almost all those releases and the server has been through several motherboard, CPU and RAM changes as well.  The only problems I ever had related to a specific release of unRAID were eventually resolved with BIOS and Linux kernel updates and that has only happened once in each case.; both times with interim workarounds.

I know those who have problems, especially when those problems occur right after an unRAID OS update, may be inclined to believe something was "broken" in unRAID and can't understand how that got through testing.  Keep in mind that most issues end up being related to specific hardware, USB drives, plugins, configurations, kernel revisions, BIOS revisions, id10t errors, etc.  There is no way Limetech can test every possible combination.  In fact, the issue might have pre-dated the unRAID OS update and was only revealed because the update required a server reboot which touches all of the above mentioned pieces of the puzzle.

The swiftness with which Limetech, community developers and the community in general responds to even the most obscure edge cases is truly remarkable when compared to other OS/App vendors.  With the rapid pace of kernel releases, CVEs, security mitigations and everything else lately, I am giving Limetech a huge virtual pat on the back for keeping up with it all as quickly as they do.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Finally got around to updating to 6.7.2 from 6.7.0 (I skipped 6.7.1).  So far, I have seen zero issues. 

System boots fine, WebGUI is normal, all plugins and dockers are functioning as expected, all disks present, etc.  I have to say that has almost always been my experience since I started with unRAID back with version 5.0 beta14 (as prereleases used to be called).  I have had the same flash drive through almost all those releases and the server has been through several motherboard, CPU and RAM changes as well.  The only problems I ever had related to a specific release of unRAID were eventually resolved with BIOS and Linux kernel updates and that has only happened once in each case.; both times with interim workarounds.

I know those who have problems, especially when those problems occur right after an unRAID OS update, may be inclined to believe something was "broken" in unRAID and can't understand how that got through testing.  Keep in mind that most issues end up being related to specific hardware, USB drives, plugins, configurations, kernel revisions, BIOS revisions, id10t errors, etc.  There is no way Limetech can test every possible combination.  In fact, the issue might have pre-dated the unRAID OS update and was only revealed because the update required a server reboot which touches all of the above mentioned pieces of the puzzle.

The swiftness with which Limetech, community developers and the community in general responds to even the most obscure edge cases is truly remarkable when compared to other OS/App vendors.  With the rapid pace of kernel releases, CVEs, security mitigations and everything else lately, I am giving Limetech a huge virtual pat on the back for keeping up with it all as quickly as they do.

I agree 100%. It is impossible for anyone to test for every condition and they have responded very quickly to address problems as they surfaced. unRAID OS is the best thing going!

• Like 1

Strangely (or not) I was on 6.7.1-RC2 and got no notification of 6.7.2. stable. Only if i manualy change the branch from next to stable unraid displays the update. Is this normal? If its normal, maybe it should be changed so that people on RCs still get info if newer stable versions get released.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, bmilcs said:

Rolled it on back. I'll give it a few weeks and try again :P

Do you have any Marvell SATA controllers? I have one where two of my array disks are attached and had the same problem going from 6.6.6 to 6.7.0. I rolled back and had no problems. I'm guessing based on your experience the problem did not go away with 6.7.2. 

17 hours ago, bmilcs said:

Updated and now all my drives are missing. Let the good times roll.

If your problem is caused by a Marvell based controller there is a solution involving adding extra options to the boot parameters that seems to have worked for most people.    You might want to try it as there is no guarantee that any future UnRaid release will have any other way of handling this,

• jonp unpinned this topic