limetech

Unraid OS version 6.7.2 available

141 posts in this topic Last Reply

I apologize if I am completely missing them.  But are there any update notes anywhere to share what has been changed in 6.7.2?

On 6/25/2019 at 3:50 PM, limetech said:

Version 6.7.2 2019-06-25

Base distro:

• kernel-firmware: version 20190620_7ae3a09
  • php version: 7.2.19 (restore sqlite support)
  • sqlite version: 3.28.0

Linux kernel:

• version: 4.19.56

12 minutes ago, sekrit said:

I apologize if I am completely missing them.  But are there any update notes anywhere to share what has been changed in 6.7.2?

The first post of any thread where LimeTech announce a new release normally contains the release notes for that release.

On 7/8/2019 at 4:18 PM, chris1259 said:

Created a new v6.7.0, copied my config onto the USB, but all issues remain. The only plug-in that was upgraded since June 18th, 2019 was Community Applications and i doubt that's the issue. There must be a hardware issue with the machine. remove host keys from C:\\Users\\Administrator/.ssh/known_hosts and now i can connect to the web GUI and ssh to the machine again. I will report back next week if everything is still working.

After 6 days the server is still stable on v6.7.0. Something that i can't track down in v6.7.1 or v6.7.2, network related, broke for me.

1 hour ago, chris1259 said:

After 6 days the server is still stable on v6.7.0. Something that i can't track down in v6.7.1 or v6.7.2, network related, broke for me.

Make a copy of /config/network. cfg and then delete that file from the flash drive.  Now reboot the server.  

Hi I'm currently running issues with my unraid server where I'm having constant random reboot. Initially it would reboot once or twice a day. Lasting sometimes a day or even just a few hours.

I then tried disabling the Spectre/Meltdown Mitigations but it would still reboot, this time longer now, after about a week of running. Happened twice now.

I'm running both dockers and VMs, and tried to isolate my running VMs and shutdown the dockers but it would still reboot. Did a memtest but no errors was found.

Any other people having same issues?

7 hours ago, laurenceco said:

Hi I'm currently running issues with my unraid server where I'm having constant random reboot. Initially it would reboot once or twice a day. Lasting sometimes a day or even just a few hours.

I then tried disabling the Spectre/Meltdown Mitigations but it would still reboot, this time longer now, after about a week of running. Happened twice now.

I'm running both dockers and VMs, and tried to isolate my running VMs and shutdown the dockers but it would still reboot. Did a memtest but no errors was found.

Any other people having same issues?

Rebooting is almost certainly a hardware issue. Go to Tools-diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics zip file to your next post. 

18 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Make a copy of /config/network. cfg and then delete that file from the flash drive.  Now reboot the server.  

Thanks. I will try that after i re-run the upgrade and report back the results.

I upgraded to 6.7.2 from 6.6.6 about a week ago and all seems well. Before that I replaced the Marvell SATA controllers with an LSI Broadcom SAS HBA. Disk access times are better too.

I did have one anomaly. Sometime during the early morning I could not access shared from any computer on my network.  The webgui was still running but show zero CPU utilization.  I tried to shutdown,  but all I got were the standard shutdown warnings and nothing happened.  After about 45 minutes I forced it down and restarted.  

Everything came back up but it had to do a parity check. I've never had this happen before.

Dale

Edited by dchamb

3 hours ago, dchamb said:

I upgraded to 6.7.2 from 6.6.6 about a week ago and all seems well. Before that I replaced the Marvell SATA controllers with an LSI Broadcom SAS HBA. Disk access times are better too.

I did have one anomaly. Sometime during the early morning I could not access shared from any computer on my network.  The webgui was still running but show zero CPU utilization.  I tried to shutdown,  but all I got were the standard shutdown warnings and nothing happened.  After about 45 minutes I forced it down and restarted.  

Everything came back up but it had to do a parity check. I've never had this happen before.

Dale

IF this happens again, start a new thread in the "General Support" sub-forum.  Be sure to attempt to get a Diagnostics file     Tools     >>>>   Diagnostics    before you try a reboot.  I would tell you to start the  Syslog Server       Settings   >>>    Syslog Server     with the   'Mirror syslog to flash:'   setup but it can be hard on your flash drive unless you feel it might happen with a few days of today.

6 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

IF this happens again, start a new thread in the "General Support" sub-forum.  Be sure to attempt to get a Diagnostics file     Tools     >>>>   Diagnostics    before you try a reboot.  I would tell you to start the  Syslog Server       Settings   >>>    Syslog Server     with the   'Mirror syslog to flash:'   setup but it can be hard on your flash drive unless you feel it might happen with a few days of today.

That's the problem. This has been the only time it happened so I have no basis to determine when it might happen again. If it does, I believe there is close to a zero chance that getting a Diagnostics file saved since everything appeared to be down before the reboot. There was a syslog from before and after the crash though.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:22 PM, dchamb said:

That's the problem. This has been the only time it happened so I have no basis to determine when it might happen again. If it does, I believe there is close to a zero chance that getting a Diagnostics file saved since everything appeared to be down before the reboot. There was a syslog from before and after the crash though.

Turn on the Syslog server    Settings   >>> Syslog Server   and set it up to "Mirror syslog to flash:".   Turn on 'Help' for how to do this and the warnings.  

Frank1940,

Thanks! It is now set if this happens again. I've attached the syslog from the first and only time it failed. Not sure what to make of it except I see a general protection fault (which to me usually indicates a memory leak) and an error on the SSD drive, but nothing further shows up on the SSD. Ran SMART tests and it shows fine. 

Dale

tower-diagnostics-20190712-1413.zip