Minimum graphic card for the host (without an IGPU)

Hello everyone.

I am looking for a host graphic card for a coming build since Ryzen matisse doesn't have IGPU.

The card has to be single slot due to the limited space. Also, lower TDP and <=17cm length is preferred.

Would you please recommend some minimalistic graphic cards for this build? Thank you.

First though, you might want to double check that your motherboard supports using a different PCIe slot for GPU at boot. That setting cannot be taken for granted and influences what options are available.

There are many options out there. It totally depends on what you are planning to do and your available PCIe slot.

• If you only have an x1 (or x4) slot with closed end (i.e. can't physically fit a x16 card), then the Zotac GT 710 PCIe x1 is probably the only choice that is still generally available. Single slot, dual profile, PCIex1, 19W, 14.7cm long. This is the best option with the right motherboard support (see my first point above) because it would be a massive waste to put it on a PCIe x16 slot.
  • If you have to use the first PCIe x16 slot then any cheapo one out there would work, it's just how "wasted" the x16 slot will be.
  • Some may try to make the x16 slot less wasted by using the GPU to help with streaming. In that case, Nvidia Quadro 400 / 1000 / 2000 are some options. I don't run Unraid Nvidia build so I can't comment much further.
  • Some may just test their luck and go all-in with single GPU. :D