Sign in to follow this  
jdontplay

wire-server Docker Install

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi, 

This is my first post so dont kill me. As i already used the chat app "wire" I was thinking about hosting my own server via docker. But I wouldnt even know where to start. The gthub does has the the docker file etc: https://github.com/wireapp/wire-server/blob/develop/README.md#how-to-install-and-run-wire-server

If anyone can guide me in the right direction as to how to install this an get it working that would be great. 

A quick look at the github repo you linked to suggests that this is a fairly complex multi-container application. It is beyond the scope of what unRAID web utilities (Docker Man/ Community Applications) are designed to manage. I am not saying you couldnt run it on unRAID but you would want to be fairly familiar with docker and docker compose. If you are determined I would suggest reading up on Docker Compose, specifically how its files are written and how they translate into docker container settings. Then have a look at the compose yml file in the above repo. That will give you an idea of what containers are required, and how they need to be linked together.