Connect Mac to UNRAID shares and drives via SMB (or AFP)

I tried to connect Mac to UNRAID by doing:

1) On UNRAID, settings->Network Settings....under IPv4 address: 192.168.1.123/24

2) On UNRAID, settings->SMB settings-> enable SMB: "Yes (Workgroup)"

3. On Mac, Finder->Go->Connect to server with following settings "smb://192.168.1.123/24". As username and password, I entered my UNRAID username and password, which is "root", and password for root, then clicked on "Connect".

I get following error (1st image)

When I set "Enhanced macOS interoperability" to "Yes", I get also error (2nd image)

What am I doing wrong?

snap shot.jpeg

snap shot 1.jpeg

Edited by emod
  • 3 years later...

Hello! I have this exact same issue! Exactly the steps as above (but I do have a user created) and those credentials give the following error still... Any ideas what else could change to allow UnRaid to work for me? I have the IPV4 address typed in as smb://192.168.0.199/archives/ where archives is my share I'm trying to access. This share has read/write permissions for the given user. Am I missing something somehow? I have yet to be able to access anything from my 2021 Mac running Monterey OS.

1519868749_ScreenShot2022-07-21at10_35_48PM.png.50b45ca084e176547877432766e3c219.png