[Support] Linuxserver.io - Code-server

2 hours ago, HALPtech said:

What's the best way to map other shares within my Unraid configuration to this container so I can view/edit files saved in those shares?

There aren't many options. Add a new path in the template for the share you want to access in the container.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

There aren't many options. Add a new path in the template for the share you want to access in the container.

I've added a new path via the template for the container but still don't see the option to select a file within it when opening a new file/folder from within the editor. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, HALPtech said:

Adding a path to another Unraid share allows me to access that share via the terminal from within the container, but I'd like to be able to see it when I try to open a file (along with the workspace folder, etc.).

Is this possible?

Have you tried navigating to the directory and using 

code -r {filename}

3 hours ago, HALPtech said:

Adding a path to another Unraid share allows me to access that share via the terminal from within the container, but I'd like to be able to see it when I try to open a file (along with the workspace folder, etc.).

Is this possible?

Click on open folder, delete everything in the bar and put a forward slash `/` in there, it will let you browser the entire container contents including other mapped folders

3 minutes ago, HALPtech said:

It isn't recognizing 'code' as a valid command in the terminal. I'm wondering if something isn't installed that should be.

Yea I wasn't sure that'd work. Right above your comment aptalca said to do it this way: Click on open folder, delete everything in the bar and put a forward slash `/` in there, it will let you browser the entire container contents including other mapped folders

1 hour ago, adambeck7 said:

Yea I wasn't sure that'd work. Right above your comment aptalca said to do it this way: Click on open folder, delete everything in the bar and put a forward slash `/` in there, it will let you browser the entire container contents including other mapped folders

That worked.

Do you know why I can't use the code command? I'm new to this and a friend who was helping me out also referenced the code command, so now I'm curious what it is and why I don't have it.

5 hours ago, HALPtech said:

That worked.

Do you know why I can't use the code command? I'm new to this and a friend who was helping me out also referenced the code command, so now I'm curious what it is and why I don't have it.

Because it's not a desktop os, it's a docker container

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming this is maybe expected behaviour, but the session is not stored at all. Is there anyway to work around that?

I.e. I open a directory through the vscode tab, maybe run a npm script and open a few files. If I then close that browser tab and open it back up all the layout/ terminal scripts are lost/no longer running. I want it so that I can keep the session regardless if I close the tab, or open the vscode tab window on another PC. 

3 hours ago, mintjberry said:

I'm assuming this is maybe expected behaviour, but the session is not stored at all. Is there anyway to work around that?

I.e. I open a directory through the vscode tab, maybe run a npm script and open a few files. If I then close that browser tab and open it back up all the layout/ terminal scripts are lost/no longer running. I want it so that I can keep the session regardless if I close the tab, or open the vscode tab window on another PC. 

That's an upstream thing. In earlier versions it was stored, including the last opened folder. Newer versions don't store anything. I don't like it either

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bdzschau said:

I am trying to set up a Reverse Proxy with letsencrypt (letsencrypt works with other containers) and when I set up the proxy-conf I get a 502 Bad Gateway error.

Am I missing a step in setting up the Reverse Proxy?

502 means letsencrypt can't reach code-server. You likely forgot to put them in the same user defined bridge network

• Like 1
Just now, bdzschau said:

I took off the .sample from the end of the file and changed the port since port 8443 was in use

It didn't say to edit anything, so you shouldn't have done that. Set it back to the default port as it's not using the mapped port, but the container port.

• Thanks 1