BTRFS TRIM errors

Hi,

I just added a second drive to my cache pool, a Corsair MP510 - 960GB, and at night when TRIM ran I'm getting some errors:

681769997_Screenshot2019-06-29at17_25_35.thumb.png.24e3946d22d27cc082ea04f91aa724f7.png

This never happened on the first nvme cache drive. The 2 drives in the cache pool have different sizes, the first one is 512gb, the new one 960gb. 

The drive is connected via pcie x8 on a single nvme card. While the 512gb nvme drive is on the native nvme slot from the motherboard.

Is the drive bad? is it the nvme pcie card? Anything that I could do?

Best.

11 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Likely a device problem, look for a firmware update.

Just tried that, plugged the drive in to my Windows machine and ran the Corsair ssd utility, firmware is the latest available.

Also tried to switch the 2 nvme drives, connecting the Corsair drive to the motherboard nvme port, and the TRIM errors are still there :(

Is the drive faulty? Everything else is working as expected. Could it be related to the cache drives have different sizes?

• 4 weeks later...

Update on this topic.

So I returned the Corsair drive and the seller sent me a replacement unit, another Corsair MP510. This second drive had the same exact problem has the first one, same TRIM issues, fortunately the seller agreed to also have this second drive returned and return what I payed for it.

I now got a new drive, a Samsung 979 Evo plus, zero problems with this one.