Can't figure out email notifications - gotta be simple

I haven't been on this forum in several years - a testimate to unraid reliability and the online help I get here. 

I'd like to setup email notifications but can't get past the setup. Every time I try to test the SMTP settings, I always get "No reply from email server". I have access to several SMTP servers and I get this reply every time. It's not even trying to log in. I've searched and searched the forum with no luck - this has to be something simple I've overlooked. A router or firewall setting? Some other setting in unraid? 

It's just not that hard to contact an SMTP server - I must be paying my stupid-tax. 

Any help? 

Edit: I'm running 6.2.4

Edited by khager

Those settings are very similar to the several SMTP servers I've tried.

In my case, it times out without getting any response back from the SMTP server. My thinking is that the only way I would get "No reply" / timeout error is if I got the address or port wrong.

Other incorrect settings would likely produce a different error - is this a correct assumption?

• 3 weeks later...

@chickensoup Thanks SO MUCH for posting this with the pictures included! Your settings suggestion per the screen shots is what it took to get my email working -- I'm using a custom private domain name/email with my server and it worked. Thanks, I had been beating my head against the wall trying to get emails to send.