Dell Poweredge R720 - Not detecting Drives

Hey Unraid Forum,
I recently bought a used R720 Dell server with 6*900GB SAS Disks and 2*100GB SSD (Dell Branded), but I added two Seagate Barracuda 4TB 2.5" in dell branded caddies. 
Something is wrong with the raid card, so I pulled it out and tried booting without, which works "fine" - The previous raid card was a PERC H310 MINI from dell, and all of the disks SATA/SAS were detected.
I can see all of my SAS drives in the bios, but none of the SATA drives, which I find very weird.
Furthermore, none of the drives, SATA nor SAS show up in the unraid system.
Do you have any clue what I should do? I am willing to try anything if you can explain it to a sorta dummy!
In advance thanks

tower-diagnostics-20190630-1916.zip

• 3 years later...

I am having the same issue myself If anyone has the answer to this, Please Help. for some reason unraid just will not recognize any of my drives only the boot USB. I'm going to try disabling the raid controller maybe that will do something 🤔 

Any suggestions welcome!  Maybe somewhere out there in a far away land someone has the answer

1 hour ago, CoDizzle said:

I am having the same issue myself If anyone has the answer to this, Please Help. for some reason unraid just will not recognize any of my drives only the boot USB. I'm going to try disabling the raid controller maybe that will do something 🤔 

Any suggestions welcome!  Maybe somewhere out there in a far away land someone has the answer

Yes, you need to go and setup storage in idrac, from memory you need to go to storage area for the physical disks and mark them as not for raid.
They should show up after that.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Yes, you need to go and setup storage in idrac, from memory you need to go to storage area for the physical disks and mark them as not for raid.

Can confirm - I went through the bios instead because I had physical access to my machine. 

But if the iDRAC is already set up you can go for that as well. 

On 1/18/2023 at 2:44 AM, tjb_altf4 said:

I really wish I had read this sooner.  That probably would have been a very quick fix.  Although I did resolve my issue.  I flashed  it over to IT When I begin  At the end of the 2nd wipe of the Flash I was met with an e code

Edited by CoDizzle
6 minutes ago, CoDizzle said:

I really wish I had read this sooner.  That probably would have been a very quick fix.  Although I did resolve my issue.  I flashed Is it over to IT When I begin  At the end of the 2nd wipe of the Flash I was met with an e code

It's also worth mentioning that I use a different raid card than the original once because of an error with the stock card. The new raid card I bought was already flashed to IT mode.

code 524288 I learned that you could restart the 1st part of the Flash and for my H710 Mini I could type command "D1REVERT" IItthan erased the entire dell card. A deep wipe. Then started the flashing process again with no problems completing it successfuly. I then added my M.2 ssdAdapter, Nvidia K 4000 And upgraded the 2 CPU's to 3 gig 10 core. And fired her UP Unraid can see all the disks now. thank God.  Solved