New USB boots to blank screen

Hi all, 

I recently had to change USB devices because my previous one is hanging on by a thread. After getting my license switched over I can not get this USB to boot unraid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some details.

16GB Lexar USB, 

Created from a backup of my current on downloaded via the web client. 

USB is formatted and written with the backup made via the unraid USB creator

I've been through the BIOS and made sure its trying to boot to that device. 

I've selected the boot manager and then selected the device, only boots to a screen with a blinking cursor.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 8:02 PM, blackrabbit said:

After getting my license switched over I can not get this USB to boot unraid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How did you do this if the drive won't boot?  

If you think you have a bad USB drive, just prepare a new install on a different drive using a download from LimeTech.  You really don't care about using your existing configuration on this build.  You just want to see if this drive will boot up. 

That Lexar USB you purchased-- Did it come with any other software/utilities included on it?   If it did, check to see if the drive has more than one partition on it.  (Google can be your friend if you have never worked with disk layouts ...) 

You did purchase this drive?  It wasn't a giveaway at a street fair or something like that?  (This may seem to be an wild off-the-wall thought but these giveaways are not always safe and free from malware.)  For a bit of fun, google  rubber ducky   and look at what can be done with a USB drive.  This is a typical rubber ducky:

https://hackaday.com/2019/07/24/an-open-hardware-rubber-ducky/