Windows 10 Basic Install Failing

I'm trying to setup a Windows 10 Professional VM using an ISO that I recently crated via Microsoft Media Creation Tool. The VM starts the installation, but shortly after starting to load the GUI portion of the installer, I get a BSoD with stop code: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED". This is with default VM settings after choosing Windows 10 as the VM type, as well as trying to tweak various options in the Basic settings, and making some CPU flag changes in the XML -- always the same result. Linux and even OSX VM's run just fine. I've also tried using the installer safe mode and no-GUI modes (F8 at load time) with the same results.

My host is running a dual Xeon E5-2651 v2 on a Supermicro X9DRi-LN4+ motherboard with 64GB of DDR with ECC. I'm not passing through  any additional hardware -- pretty vanilla installation.

Any help on how to troubleshoot this? My unraid trail expires this week and hoping to at least get windows VM's working before buying in. Thanks!

image.png.c5e2a68e022892a99344ce8e5f0823f2.png

Edited by yinzer
added image

Update: I re-downloaded a new ISO image and got past this issue! I'm not sure if my original image was corrupted or not. The main difference: the image that gave me problems contained installers for Win 10 32 and 64 bit. This time I'm just using the 64bit installer ISO.

So if anyone else encounters this problem: If you are using the 64/32 installer, try JUST the 64bit ISO instead. Otherwise, verify the checksum of the ISO and look for any signs of corruption.